Not Again

This Is It

"I'm in love with the shape of you" ~

"I take it that you enjoyed it last night?"

"Soo, there's never a time that I don't"

I rolled over to pull my girlfriend's body close to me and whispered in her ear, "Though my heart is falling too, I'm in love with your body".

"Ellie-ah, are you just saying that or do you mean it?"

Sooyoung's question was unexpected. I didnt understand why she would doubt my words. Did I do anything to make her feel that way?

"Babe, I may have been quoting a song but I meant every word. Why would you ask me that?" I said as I turned her to face me and held her tight.

Her head rested against the crook of my neck, I felt her take deep breaths as if to calm herself. Something was bothering her and I needed to know. I leaned back a little and tilted her head up so she'd look at me.

"What's wrong Soo?" I asked quietly and gave her a little peck on her nose. That earned me a little smile and I found myself sighing in relief. 

"Don't worry, I'm fine Ellie-ah. I just... this morning.. I just.." 

"What is it?" I traced small circles on her back as I urged her to continue. 

"I just woke up with this.... bad feeling.. uneasy feeling.. and it's our 5th month-sary today"

"No matter what, never doubt my words. Especially if it's about the way I feel about you. I love you and happy 5 months Baby" I said then kissed her lightly before continuing, "don't think anything of it and let's enjoy our day together alright? We both have the day off so let us not waste it by worrying"

"You're right, I shouldn't worry.. it's probably just me overthinking again"

"Don't hurt that beautiful brain of yours and hurry up and hit the showers, I have a few places I want us to go to together today."

I watched as she walked to my bathroom, clearly still deep in thought, but assoon as she reached the door, all my worry for her was washed away when she looked over her shoulder with a tiny little smirk.

"Aren't you gonna join me?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where are we going?"

"You'll know when we get there, I'm sure you've missed this place too"

I looked over to be greeted with an adorable confused expression.  I couldn't help but let out a small laugh before I turned my focus back to the road.

About 15mins into the drive Soo exclaimed "OMG we're going to that little cafe aren't we? The one we went to for our first date after you officially asked me to be your girlfriend?"

"Haha told you you'd know. Yes it's that old couple's little tteokbokki cafe"

"You're right I really missed this place. The food is awesome and view is amazing. I love the little creak flowing at the back of their restaurant as well. Can we take a stroll along the back again? Just like we did the last time Ellie ah.. can we?

"Haha of course we can.. anything you want"

"Actually let's take a walk first.. the weather feels great"

"Haha sure why not" 

We got out of the car and made our way to the back of the restaurant. Soo walked infront of me as I followed close behind. As we reached the slope with the little creak we stopped to admire it. I turned to the right to admire the rest of the area around us.

"Aaaah!!!!"

My head snapped back and my hands reached out instinctively and I caught Soo just in time as she slipped on one of the wet rocks. I felt her breathing heavily as she tried to calm down.

"Don't worry.. you're alright.. I've got you" I cooed as I try to calm her.

"Thank you.. I think we should probably head inside now. Enough adventure for the day" Soo said with a half hearted laugh. I knew she was a little shaken up but still proceeded to head inside. That all changed as our tteokbokki arrived. Her frown swiftly changed into an excited look a kid would have when she got herself a new toy.

Finally at ease again, we talked and laughed as we reminisced the little awkward moments we had on our first official date. Both of us were so stressed to impress we almost forgot to enjoy ourselves.

~

"Eomoni, can I use that guitar you have against the wall?"

"Yes please go ahead. We haven't had anyone play it in quite awhile so you might need to tune it a little"

I was messing up our date by blabbering and saying all the wrong things that I decided that I needed my songs to save me.

I adjusted myself so that I could face Sooyoung Unnie. I looked up and saw a lot of other faces looking at me with anticipation and made a mental note that I couldn't be too obvious. A quick breath and I started to play.

~Ryan Cabrera - True~

 

"~I won't talk, I won't breathe, I won't move till you finally see, that you belong with me~ That was my favourite line that you sang to me" Soo said to me with affection in her eyes.

"5 months and look how your English has improved. Have you been studying without my knowledge?" I said in a joking manner.

".... erm kinda"

"... really?! Why?"

"I mean.. you speak Korean, the language I am most comfortable with and I thought I could do the same if I knew English"

"That's... so sweet. Thanks babe" I reached over to hold her hand that was resting on the table.

"The both of you are as adorable as ever. Thanks for coming back. Here's an ice cream for each of you, on the house."

Soo and I looked at each other, both already smiling as we remembered the moment when the old couple walked over to us all those months ago.

~

"Ice Cream on the house for the cute couple"

" *Cough* We *cough* aren't *cough*" I was sipping my coffee when the couple caught us off guard with that comment."Erm.. thank you" Sooyoung unnie and I said together unintentionally. I think both of us weren't expecting anyone from their generation to be accepting of us and as if they read our minds "I bet you weren't expecting that from us, were you?"

"Y.. yeah we weren't" I said still unable to get over the surprise.

"Well, we think you look cute together so don't let anyone or anything tear you apart"

~

"Thank you for your sweet words all those months ago" Soo said to which I nodded along but I felt like I really needed to thank them properly. I looked over at their guitar then at Soo who just nodded as if she knew what I wanted to do. I smiled then spoke to the old couple. "Do you mind if I used your guitar again?".

They both looked at each other and smiled, earning a curious look from both of us.

"We've kept it here just for you, hoping you'd come back. Please be our guest."

"Well, you were right. Thank you very much".

I just had so much greatfulness for this couple that I needed to express it to them. I walked up to the guitar and when I turned around. I realised that more people had entered the cafe. I cleared my throat to get a little attention before speaking.

"Hi everyone, my name is Ellie. A couple of months ago, I visited this cafe with a friend of mine and the couple that runs this place impressed us with their hospitality and did so again today. So as a thank you I would like to sing them a song. I hope you guys enjoy as well."

At that point I think some people noticed who I was and had their phones out taking pictures and videos. But I did not mind, I was just saying thank you after all.

~Kind and Generous - Natalie Merchant~

"Thank you very much"

I was greeted with modest applause but what mattered to me was the smile that the couple had spread across their faces as they looked at me. I put the guitar down and slowly walked back towards them. Soo got up and walked up to them as well and the couple naturally spread their arms and welcomed us into their embrace.

"Thank you girls. We appreciate the thought. We will remember this gift unlike any other. Thank you for remebering us even when you are all famous now."

"Please don't say that, you can forget a lot of things but you can't forget kindness and acceptance. We got that from the both of you so we will never forget you or this place"

After saying our goodbyes and some fan photos later, we were off to our next adventure. Well maybe adventure is a bit of an overstatement for Hangang River but that's where we were headed.

Soon after we got out of the car we noticed that the place was more crowded than we expected, considering that is was actually a weekday. Quite a few people were flying kites but more were cycling but at some point, when I was a little distracted by the people around us, Soo had moved quite a few steps ahead of me. She must have noticed too because she turned to look for me. Under the sunlight, her hair blowing in the slight wind, she looked absolutely amazing. I whipped out my phone and was about to take a picture when I noticed a couple cycling side by side not paying attention to where they were going. Just a few quick steps and a slight nudge and we were safely away and the couple sped past ignorantly still engrossed in their conversation. It was nothing serious but the look on Soo's face said otherwise.

"It's the second time something bad almost happened. I told you I had a bad feeling today. Can we just spend the rest of the day at home? Please?"

"Soo, there's really nothing to worry about. But if that is what you want then sure, anything that will make you feel better. I don't want you miserable today, of all days."

"Thank you Ellie, for understanding. I know you had other stuff planned."

"That doesn't matter to me. So come on let's get going."

~20mins into the drive~

"So Soo, what do you want to do when we get back? Movie? Just Chill in bed? Movie while chilling in bed?" I looked to the right to see her reaction but what I saw was a car heading straight for us with the driver's head slumped over the wheel. This was so not happening again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Next update in a week or 2. Stay tuned. Thanks for sticking around even though my update is way overdue:)

-ThisIsWhyINeedYou :)