Where were you in the Morning

This Is It

"What do you mean I have a new manager? Sooyoung Unnie is my manager." Utterly confused  I looked between the new manager and the president. Through the corner of my eye, I saw Junseop Oppa fidget before trying to answer "She was f..." but was cut off by the president.

"She quit," he said.

"She... she quit? Why.. Why would she qu.. Why would sh.. I don't understand. Did she really quit Junseop Oppa?" I asked. My attention was fully on Junseop oppa almost pleading for an answer that said otherwise.

"Erm yeah, she quit. Yeah, that's right. That was what I intended to say. Anyway, Sir, is it alright if I am excused? I have some errands to run to prep for Ellie's other comeback outfits." Junseop hurriedly requested.

"Yes, you can go ahead with that. We are almost done here anyway."

"No, we're not. Not without a proper explanation, we're not. There has to be a reason why she left. Everything was fine yesterday. We had the best time... we... she was in a good mood. I don't understand why she would quit. Without even telling me? This makes no sense!" At this point, I had my head in my hands, eyes tightly shut. Everything was a blur. My mind a mess. Soo was quitting as my manager, but was she quitting on us too? Was she done with me too? Was she leaving me? I couldn't make sense of anything.

"All I can tell you is that as of today you have a new manager since Sooyoung is no longer working here. I hope you work well with him from now on." the president said indifferently.

"I hope we work well together Ellie Shi" I heard the new guy say and try to approach me.

"Not now Jaemin. I think she needs time to take this in. They had grown.... close... over time. Ellie, as you don't have any other schedules for today you can head home. Your training will be canceled for today."

I didn't bother to look up. Silence passed before I heard footsteps leaving the room. 

Soo and I were fine. We had the best time last night. We went out to dinner, took a night stroll and even watched a movie late at night. I enjoyed every minute of our time spent together. She was all smiles and the happiest I'd seen her in a while. Was that all an act? Was she just going to leave me anyway? 

"ARGH THIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL! I need to see her.. yeah that's right I need to talk to her.. I'm sure this is all a mistake.. its gotta be.." I knew I was starting to look crazy yelling and mumbling to myself but I just couldn't help it. Just the thought of losing her hurt so much. I started rummaging through my bag for my phone and just as I managed to find it I felt it vibrate. Slowly, I proceed to open up the message. It was from Soo.

"Ellie.. I'm sorry.. but this is for the best. I wish you all the success. You're gonna be great without me getting in the way. Goodbye baby. I will miss you. I love you. I always will.

I grabbed my jacket and helmet and sprinted to the basement. I ignored all the looks of the people I ran past. I needed to get to Soo. Tell her not to leave me. Beg her not to leave me. I got on my bike and drove straight to her house.

"Hi Seojun-shi, I need to see Soo. Is she inside? Can I talk to her? I really need to talk to her" I asked frantically

"I'm sorry but she left for the airport a while ago. That's all I can tell you Ellie-shi. She said she'll only let me know where she is headed once she has landed. Even when she does tell me then, she has made me swear not to tell you. I'm really sorry Ellie-shi, she seems to think her leaving is for the best and I tried but couldn't convince her otherwise.

"It's not for the best, how could she think that? She's all I want. All I need. How could she just walk away? I was so worried this would happen and I can't believe it actually is. I've gotta stop it. I can't let her go. I have to..."

I ran to my bike before finishing that and headed for the airport. When I got there I had no idea where to start. I ran past the check-in counters frantically searching every aisle while trying to call her but to no avail. Then I saw her. At the very end of an aisle, there she was looking straight at me. She was already getting prepared to enter the departure gate. She was next to be checked. I started running as fast as I could. Her eyes never left mine even when she handed her passport for checking. I was just two steps away when her passport was handed back to her. She looked away as a tear rolled down her cheek and started to walk in.

"Soo stop!" I cried out as I reached the barricade that kept me out. She stopped and looked over her shoulder and met my eyes again.

"I'm really sorry Ellie, have a good life baby" and without giving me a chance to say anything else, she left. She was gone.

"Soo no.. no Soo.. you can't leave me.. not you too. I can't lose you too"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This is not the end...

Read, comment and subscribe

-ThisIsWhyINeedYou