On the Way

This Is It

(1 week after the epidode airs)

~Hello hello moshi moshi~ Ciao Ciao Busy Busy~ 

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. "Hello?" I answer a little groggily.

"Hello, may I speak to Ellie-shi please?"

"Yes, that's me"

"I'm sorry if I woke you, but I am calling on behalf of immortal song 2's production team. We would really love to have you as a contestant on our show. Would you be interested in participating?"

"I'm sorry, come again? Did you say immortal song 2? Are you serious? This is not a prank is it?"

"Hahaha! There's no need to worry. This is real. I will send you the details and a picture as proof as well if you would like"

"Wow, you must be serious but yes I would really appreciate that picture"

"We were really impressed by your performance and arrangement on ICSYV. We also saw your choreography online and I must say it was very impressive. With the attention you've been receiving from the media over the past week as well, we would love to invite you on our show."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1 day after the episode airs)

I head out in the morning to my usual coffee place. I walk up to the counter and order my usual Americano. I look up to see the Barista, also the owner, smiling at me, a little creepily but then he says " I watched you on TV, you were really cool! And to think I've been serving you coffee here for so long, I feel kinda honoured".

"Oh thank you for saying that, I really love the coffee here. I should be the one saying thank you"

"Well, how about you take a picture with me? When you make it big, at least I'll have proof that you were my regular customer"

"Were? No. I will always be your regular customer but yes I would love to take a picture with you."

Once my coffee was ready, I wave the owner goodbye and head off to the gym, coffee in hand. I was recognised there as well, by the owners and some of the regulars. This is when it started to hit me. I didn't expect to be recognised after being on just one show. Maybe it's because a lot of people watch the show. Maybe it's because I am English? I can't possibly already have fans can I? My head was swimming with thoughts throughout my workout.

Over the rest of the week, more people around my neighbourhood recognised me and requested pictures. Some of them mentioned hearing about me through media articles and said that I was a big hit. I accepted those compliments without really believing them. It was when I logged into my social media accounts that I started to believe that I actually had fans already. A lot of them were starting to request that I put up videos of my original songs as well as song covers and not only choreography videos. Saying I was happy wouldn't begin to describe how I was starting to feel. I was no SNSD or EXO, nowhere close. But it was something. In fact, it was actually more than what I had expected. I'm on the way to where I want to be. I looked up to the sky every night that week, and whispered my heartfelt thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"What do you say, would you like to be on our show?"

"What do I say?! Yes! For sure! Thank you so much! I am a really big fan of the show. It's also the reason I became a fan of Ailee and Mamamoo! When will I know the details?"

"We're glad to hear that! I'll send you the details on rehearsal dates and venues shortly after this. You have already been assigned a song because all the other songs have been chosen. The song that you will be singing is Dear My Family by SMTOWN as you will be on the Parent's Day Special. Thank you and have a good day. Bye."

My heart sank. I stare at my phone. Parent's Day? I don't think I can do this.