Sense

This Is It

*Phone rings*

"Hello," I answered groggily. I must have dozed off while looking at a few company reports.

"Hi, sleepy head. It's already 4pm in the evening! What are you doing still sleeping? Nevermind don't answer that. You've been busy with the office and training so you must have been tired. Okay so anyway since it's your big day tomorrow, I was wondering if you're okay with me coming over for us to just chill and hang out before you get all busy.. or busier. Or do you already have plans with Sooyoung Unnie?"

"Oh hey Hyemi, yeah you can come over. Soo is busy at work prepping for my comeback tomorrow. It's been 6 months since the accident and they're all worried that people have forgotten about me. They want everything to be perfect for this comeback and ensure it's a big hit." I answered a little disinterested.

"Hey, why does it sound like they are more interested in your comeback than you are? But anyway before you answer that, could you come over to open the door? I forgot the password again and erm I'm already outside!"

"Hahaha why am I not surprised. Alright, give me a sec. Be right there. Bye"

I grabbed a robe, wrapped it around myself and hurried to the door where I was greeted by Hyemi's hug. Hyemi wanted to continue the conversation immediately but I had other plans.

"Hey Hyemi, do you mind if I take a quick shower first? We can continue chatting when I'm done." I evaded, unsure myself about the answer to Hyemi's question. Well I wasn't exactly avoiding the question.... I guess I just needed a little more time to think.

"Yeah yeah sure. Of course. Go un-stink yourself" Hyemi said not noticing my slight evasion.

"Hahaha erm yeah. Thanks. Watch TV or something. I'll be right back" I said and hurried to shower.

Soon enough we were both lounging on the sofa and talking while the TV played in the background.

"So as I was asking earlier, why don't you seem interested in your own comeback?" Hyemi remembered to ask again.

"Well, I think... I just really want my fans to hear the song I wrote. It may not be the title track but  it means a lot to me and I hope my fans like it even if things don't turn out perfect. And I miss being out there and performing. I am interested in the comeback's title track too but my interest has nothing to do with it being a hit for the masses or anything. I'll let my company worry about that part. They believe in both songs as much as I do so let's hope we both get what we want." I said with a tentative smile hoping my explanation was clear enough.

"Ahh I get it, commercial success isn't your concern. You just want your fans to hear from you again and you miss them and wanna be out there again" Hyemi summarises earning a smile from me. Hyemi always got me.

"Yup I miss them. I miss it. Everything. It's been hard these couple of months regaining my physical strength after the accident, especially since I hurt my legs. And don't even get me started on the emotional roller coaster that came along with that struggle to even walk, let alone dance. My fan's comments and support on my social media meant a lot to me during this time. You and Soo as well. I wanna express my gratitude through this song. They deserve that. You deserve that. I probably haven't said it Hyemi but thank you. For sticking with me even when I was an idiot."

"Woah where did that come from all of a sudden?" Hyemi asked after my mini outburst.

"From my heart and this time I am not saying it to be all cheesy and annoy you. I mean it. I felt every bit of it as I wrote the song. I'm thankful that nothing serious happened to Soo when the accident happened. I'm thankful for the support and care from you and Soo. For the understanding of both my companies and for the continuous love from my fans. So I just thought I'd say it to you too.. since you're here now."

".... well it was my pleasure? Haha, cmon I know you weren't moody on purpose. And of course, I'd support you. You're family to me. Remember? So let's talk about fun stuff now alright? You're back! You're dancing again and making music you love. And tomorrow you're going to be back on the stage that you love. So cheer up!" Hyemi finishes and bear hugs me.

"Hahaha alright sure. Fun stuff! What do you wanna talk about?" I said smiling a little more this time, feeling thankful for having such a friend.

"Sooooo... haha *evil face* how's your love life coming along with Sooyoung Unnie?" Hyemi asked and earned a slap on the shoulder for the question and 2 more for the cheeky eyebrow raises she kept doing.

"That's private Hyemi!" I burst out while laughing anyway.

"Hey, I deserve to know! I knew Sooyoung Unnie liked you even before you figured it out!" Hyemi defended while rubbing her shoulder.

"Huh? You did? This is new information."

"Yeah didn't you know? I knew the day when you were a little confused about the Ackermans. You were upset about the way you had reacted to them. I left so Sooyoung unnie could talk you through it and when I came back there was a cute scene playing out for me to witness"

"What cute scene?"

"The one where you stood too close to her and she shoved you away when she turned around? Do you remember me whispering something to her which made her look all flustered and hitting a button on your laptop by accident? That's what led to us discovering your unfinished piece that became your debut single."

"Oh yeah, I think remember.. she backed up and hit a button or something. But wait but what did you say to her?" I asked suddenly very curious.

"Well I said... If you like her just go for it, gender has never mattered to her," Hyemi said with a smug smile, still proud of having said that to Soo.

"... wow, I really didn't know about this" I said as my mind drifted to Soo.

"Yeap she still took her time though probably because well.. I guess it's still Korea we're talking about. You have your whole career ahead of you and people finding out could be a problem for you. She's still your manager after all. You probably only found out because you made the first move. I bet she's still worried about it every day. She'd do anything to make sure nothing affects your career."

"Yeah... but sometimes it gets me thinking about how far she'd go. I hope she never leaves me thinking it's for the best" I said with a sad smile.

"Don't think that way, Ellie! Sooyoung Unnie loves you too much. She won't do that." Hyemi rushes to say. The mood was just starting to go up. She wasn't going to let it dive downward.

"It's how much she loves me that's got me worried" I mumbled, lost in my thoughts once again. Hyemi could sense that there was something I wasn't telling her.

"Ellie, is everything alright? Between you and Sooyoung unnie?" Hyemi asked carefully.

I lets out a big sigh before coming out of my thoughts to look at Hyemi.

"Everything is fine. It's great actually. She's amazing and I am so lucky to be with her. Everything's perfect. We've found a way to keep this a secret and make this work. But's that's just it. How long is it going to work? I'm scared Hyemi. Scared that.. something is going to come along and mess it all up"

"Ellie, have you talked to her about this? About coming out about the relationship?"

"Yeah, I did. She shut the discussion down almost immediately." I replied sounding a little defeated.

"She doesn't want to be out? She's not ready?" Hyemi suggested.

"No, she said she doesn't care if the society finds out and hates her or ostracizes her. She said she just doesn't want them to hate me and that she knows for sure that it will kill my career. She said she will make sure she does everything in her power to make sure nothing comes in the way of my success and that she thinks I've lost enough. It's this very conversation that started all my worries about us" I finished sadness no longer hidden in my eyes.

"Ok so here's the deal, she thinks you've lost enough right? She'll know that losing her will not be something you can deal with. She loves you, Ellie. She will never do that to you. You're both very much in love and you are happy. So shouldn't you be focusing on that? The Ellie I know always stays positive. I think you really need to get back up on stage and get your mojo back. You've been stuck at home for way too long that you're becoming all sad and mopey."

"Wow, You're right.Oh wow really.. What's gotten into me? I should focus on the good. I mean, that's what I kept telling people and so that's what I should be doing too right? I'm happy with Soo. And that's what matters right now.  Thank Hyemi. I guess I just needed someone to remind me of that... and smack some sense into me." I said finishing the last six words in English.

*SMACK*

"HEY! I DIDNT MEAN THAT LITERALLY HYEMI-ah hahahaha. How did you even understand that anyway?!"

"Of course I understand that by now. You always yell that at the TV when watching someone being an idiot or being stupid.  You'd be all 'SOMEONE NEEDS TO SMACK SOME SENSE INTO HIM' hahahaha and I know it's not literal but you needed to laugh so I smacked you"

"Sooo.. in order to make me laugh, you hurt me? hmmmmmmmm the logic is kinda whacked now don't you think? So should I make you laugh with a smack too?"

"NO. I'm perfectly fine, thank you very much. No smack required. Your smacks hurt. AHAHAHHAA. See I'm laughing just fine" Hyemi says nervously while standing up and backing away as she noticed me moving towards her slowly.

Within 2 seconds, hyemi dashes off, making a run for it and we ended up running around the house like little kids playing catch and laughing our heads off. I caught up soon enough and hugged Hyemi from the back and lifted her up with her kicking and scream-laughing.

"Well don't you two look like you're having fun?" Soo said with an amused expression.

Being too engrossed in their game, we didn't hear Soo come in and I stopped with Hyemi held up midair, both of us stunned for a moment. I snapped out of it first and put Hyemi down and turned my attention to Soo who was still a little further away than I would have liked.

"Yeah, we were. How was your day?"I asked as I started walking towards Soo with a small smile on my face.

"Everything's set. We're ready for your big day tomorrow and I know you are going to be great Ell- mmmmm". When Soo looked away for a split second to put her bag down, I took a few quick steps and pulled her into a kiss, a sweet and loving kiss, cutting her off before she could finish talking.

"Wow, what did I do to deserve that?" Soo asked as we pulled apart, her eyes registering a bit of shock from the sudden display of affection.

"Nothing. Everything. I just.. I love you, I really do" I whispered into Sooyoung Unnie's ear as I moved to hug her tight.

Soo's eyes softened and she pulled back to look at me and said "I love you too Ellie" before kissing me back.

"Erhehemmmm.. I.. I am still here if you've forgotten but erm anyway I'm getting late for one of my classes so I'll just.. I'll guess I'll just go. I'll see you tomorrow Ellie my superstar! All the best and yes don't worry I'll be there on time tomorrow to cheer you on! Gotta see my choreography hitting the big stage too now don't I?! Hahaha bye Ellie. Bye Unnie. I'll walk myself out. You can get back to what you were doing... or more hahahaha". With a few more cheeky comments from Hyemi and a few more yells to shut it from me, Hyemi was off leaving me and Sooyoung Unnie alone to enjoy time together before the big day the next day, my big comeback.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Read, comment and subscribe. Thanks for sticking around:)

-ThisIsWhyINeedYou