Chapter 2

Bloody Kiss: Oracle of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

__________________________________________________

 

In a small cramped closet a soft cry could be heard. There was nothing but darkness in the closet as eerie red and orange lights could be seen emitting from the little gap under the door.  A little boy shivers in fear and cries for his parent who is no longer alive. All kind of thoughts went through the boy’s mind when suddenly he hears the door knob to the closet started to shake before it turns. The boy was expecting to see the beast with sharp white fangs that has taken his parent from him. But instead he came face to face with a young girl with an expression of relief. Behind her are flames that have gone out of control. She quickly reached over and grabs hold of him before trying to make their escape through the burning house. However no matter where she looks, all the paths have been blocked. They both started to cough as black smoke filled the air and quickly into their lungs. She knew that if she doesn’t find a way out, both her and her little brother will burn to death. They had already lost her parents; she was not going to lose another family member.

“Nuna…” the little boy cried as he clanged to her dress tightly “are we going to die?”

The girl mastered a smile and gently touched his cheek “of course not…we are going to live…we are not going to die here”

She quickly looks around and spotted a chair. She quickly grabs it and started to bang the large window until cracks started to appear. With one last swing, the glass broke. A sign of relief could be seen as now they have an escape. She quickly turns around and only took a few steps toward her little brother when part of the ceiling caved in on top of her. She let out a painful and horrible scream as her little brother quickly dashed toward her.

“Nuna!!” he cried

She tried to push the large wood off of her but it was no use. Her body is completely pinned.

“listen to me Yunho” she reach out and grasped his hand “you have to climb out of the window”

“but..what about you?”

“I’ll be fine! You go ahead…I’ll follow right after you…”

“No! I won’t leave you here alone” he shouted too afraid that he might not see her again if he climbs out of the window alone.

She only smiled at him “Yunho ah….you are a good boy right? You told me you will listen to everything I say right? Are you going to disobey me now?”

With tears streaming down his face he shook his head

“No matter what you have to live you hear me…you will have to fight…not just for me but for both mom and dad as well…it is your responsibility to take revenge…it is your duty, your destiny to kill all those vampires that has made us suffer….so don’t be scare…be strong…be brave…”

“Nuna…” he cried

“Now go…please Yunho…go!!” he shouted

With all his courage he stood up and walked toward the broken window and glanced back at his sister “you promise you will follow after me right?”

“Of course”

With that confirmation, Yunho quickly climbed out the window. Luckily they are on the first floor so the ground wasn’t that high from the window. After stepping on the grass, Yunho run for safety. He turns around to see if his sister was behind him but to his surprise, the house sudden blew up engulfing the entire house in its flames.

“N-N-NUUUNNNNAAAAA!!!!”

Yunho shouted as he quickly sat up sweating with his entire body completely drenched in sweats. His breathing was out of rhythm as his body begins to shake endlessly. This caused Jaejoong to wake up as he notices his lover in complete terror. The expression on his face was one he had never seen for so many years. Jaejoong sat up and gently grasped yunho on the shoulder startling him. It wasn’t until Yunho see his concern face did his body started to calm down.

“what’s wrong? A bad dream?” he asked

Yunho recalled his dream of when he and his sister were trapped in the burning house. After their parents were killed by vampires, a relative has taken them both in. However just a few months afterward everyone suffered the same faith as the house was set a blazed by a group of joy seeking vampires. However it has been a very long time since Yunho last dream of this or even thought of his sister. Just remembering it brings back the familiar sorrow and the familiar self-disgust of leaving her there.

“Yunho?”

Upon his name Yunho smiled before leaning forward and leaned his forehead against Jaejoong’s bare shoulder. Jaejoong waited for Yunho to speak but after hearing nothing from him, jaejoong reached over and gently pat Yunho on the back before pulling him into a tight hug.

“Whatever you dream of…whatever is going through your head…it wasn’t your fault…” smile jaejoong as he gently sooth him.

Just his word alone was enough to calm Yunho as those familiar feelings quickly faded and a smile is spread across his face. Only Jaejoong could calm him this easily and wash away all the dark thoughts that fill his mind.

Meanwhile back at the office, Junsu has arrived after being called in by Hyori. His now blonde hair attracted the attention of the workers for they were not use to Junsu with such bright hair. In fact, it’s been years since they last saw him. After the victory of the 2nd blood war, Junsu was given the opportunity to work at a research facility in the United States which he took the offer.

“Yo Hyori!” he called out the minute he saw Hyori in the staff room talking to a few other workers. Upon her name, Hyori turn around but was stunned to see the blonde hair. Junsu wasn’t bold enough to actually do something like this, in fact this was outside of his comfort zone. Even his glasses is now gone. Like the old saying goes, new places will change a person.

“What is it?” Junsu asked upon the stun look on Hyori’s face

“what…did you do to your hair?” Hyori asked

“my hair? Oh right I dye it blonde…what do you think?” Junsu asked with sparkles in his eyes hoping for good compliment.

“It may look good on Jaejoong but it doesn’t suit you” Hyori spoke with honesty crushing Junsu’s hope for compliment

“Why do people keep saying that to me…I on the other hand think it looks very nice on me”

“Whatever floats your boat…now come on” said Hyori as she lead him to her office.

Once inside, she closed the door and headed to her office before sitting down. Even after being gone for so long, Junsu was amaze at how much the room remained the same. It’s as messy as he last remembers it to be.

“What is the urgent matter you spoke of?” Junsu asked as he took a seat

“There has been attacks on Hellsing’s research facilities….these are the footage that was capture…there is one particular photo that caught my attention…hopefully you can confirm my thinking…” Hyori took out the photo and handed it to Junsu who took a look at the photo. It was a footage of the people who attacked the facility. There was a symbol on the back of their robe which Hyori had it blown up closer. As Junsu took a closer look his eyes begin to widen. There was no doubt about it, this symbol was something Junsu has become familiar with in all the years of research he had done in the past.

“This…” he turn to look at Hyori with a shock expression which confirmed her thoughts

“So it is them…”

“But that is impossible…they could be a group of copycats”

Hyroi didn’t say a world, she was quiet while trying to sort out her thoughts before speaking “that is unlikely…a group of copycats will not be able to trespass to so many Hellsing’s research facilities not to mention kill so easily and set the place on fire. This takes skills and a great deal of guts if you ask me”

Now it was junsu’s turn to be quiet as he continues to look at the symbol “But Hyori…this symbol belonged to a group that has said to vanish during the 1900s…it’s impossible for them to still be active in this generation….”

“That’s what I thought as well…but until the truth is known…we can’t rule out any possibilities…I want you to dig in this matter…find out when was their last activities even if it was back in the early 1900s....I only remembered the symbol but I don’t have a good grasp of their history…I want a full report on them by the end of the week if possible…”

“Hmm…that will be hard…there is almost no records of them….from my experience….almost all records of this group was burn in a fire before they vanish…”

“do what you have to do…find out as much as you can…I want to know if what we are going to be dealing with is  the real thing or not…”

Junsu sigh “I swear…everything you call for me it’s almost a hard assignment…”

Hyori smiled “but you like challenges don’t you?”

“You know me too well…” he returned the smile before it faded to a serious expression “but Hyori…if…if these are the actual people and are the real thing…we…”

“I know…I hope it’s just a group of copycats and if not…” Hyori turn her gaze toward the window as the warm sunlight filled the room “we are in it for more complicated troubles…”

As the daylight slowly begin to fade and the familiar darkness begun to appear, Yunho awoken from his slumber. He was already dressed and ready for the night watch as he reached for his pistols from the counter. He checked the bullets before stuffing extras into his bag. He reached for the silver cross hanging on the wall that he has had with him since he was a child. Yunho brought the cross closer as he looks at it remembering the dream from earlier. Even though it was just a replay of his past trauma, he can’t seem to shake off the familiar feeling. It’s been so long since he last thought about it and been years since he last thought of his older sister. If he remembers correctly, this cross was given to him from her on the day they became orphans. It was her way to comfort him, her way to make him feel safe since vampire is said to be afraid of silver and cross. Without another thought, Yunho placed the necklace around his next and placed the cross in the middle of his chest. He then turns to the bed where jaejoong was still sleeping soundlessly. He smiled before walking over to him and gent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter