Chapter 1

Bloody Kiss: Oracle of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The city of Tokyo slept silently through the night as no sound could be heard. The rain clouds gathered upon the sky creating a thicker blanket of shadows over the city as the moonlight faded from view. A second later a droplet of rain hit the ground and then a few more followed before the quietness is replaced by the soothing sound of rain falls. The cloak tower located in the middle of the city struck 3 am when sudden the ground beneath the city begun to shake. The souls that were silently sleeping were awoken upon the shaking of their home. Many begun to panic thinking an unexplained earthquake has appeared. It wasn’t until they pulled the curtain of their window and is met with a bright orange light from afar. A large fire has appeared in the middle of the city as the flame roared high toward the sky showing no weakness against the falling rains. Sounds of sirens and fire truck filled the air as flashing lights empowered the shadows from one street to another. The policemen and fire fighters worked hard to reduce the fire and luckily the rain is also helping in stopping the fire from spreading. Nearby neighbors looks out their windows while some stood out on the open street wondering what could have happen. On the roof top of a nearby building a group of people dressed in a white robe with the hood pulled over their head hiding their face in shadows stood watching the fire before them. There were about 8 of them as they glanced from the terrify people to the police officers and firefighters.

“It’s not here either” one of them spoke in a deep voice

“I guess the information wasn’t accurate after all” spoke the leader as strands of long black hair could be seen from under his hood

“What should we do?” a female voice spoke

The man with the long black hair sigh before lifting his gaze toward the darken sky “If it’s not here than there is only one other place it will be…”

“But you do know who is there right?”

The black haired man’s lip curved into a smile “it’s alright…I was planning to pay them a visit anyway…beside don’t you think it’s about time to meet him?” he turn his gaze to a young woman who stood at his side as she spoke no words.  They only looked at the scene before them once more before one by one they disappear from where they stood.

 Back in Korea at the Hellsing branch that Hyori managed, an uninterested and heavy sigh could be heard throughout the entire staff room. Hojoon who would have been out hunting at this late hour is stuck at his desk with mountains of paper works stacked upon his desk. It has already been 3 weeks and it looked like he hasn’t done anything to reduce the paper works that he had to go through. Ever since the second blood war ended and all the vampires has  been defeated, there hasn’t been much they could do except process paper works that have piles up during those years.

“Arugh! I can’t do this anymore!” he shouted before tossing his arm into the air in frustrations “if I have to sign another document, I’m going to cut off my fingers!!”

“it can’t be help…there aren’t as much hunting jobs as there was before…right now all we get are reports of lycans…and even these doesn’t come in often….maybe like 2 or 3 a week” spoke an older man who sat in the cubicle across from Hojoon.

“I know…but still…I want to at least fight something…this sword of mine is crying to slice something…” sigh Hojoon

The older man chuckled “you sound like a blood thirsty killer who is in need of blood shed…”

Hojoon was quietly for a moment before he let out another frustrated sound “damn it! Why is it that only Yunho gets all the hunting jobs!! It’s not fair!”

The moon brightly lit the city as twinkling stars filled the sky. The night has become warmer than usual because it’s almost summer and after a few days of endless rain falls, it was nice to finally have a dry night to hunt. Yunho could be seen walking toward an abandon warehouse that stood in the middle of an old shipping harbor. He dressed in a simple and light blue T-shirt with this gun holster visible, black jean with ankle high black booths. Tangling around his neck is a simple silver cross.

“Remember the plan Yunho” came Hyori’s voice over the ear piece “according to the report; this is a strong lycan…”

“What color is the fur?” Yunho asked as he reached behind his head and gathered half of his now long brown hair in his hand

“Hmm…the witness stated its brown…”

“Brown huh?” spoke Yunho as he tied the top half of his long hair into a pony tail before smiling “this is going to be an easy assignment”

He could hear Hyori snorted over the ear piece “cocky as ever I see…”

“Just keep your promise…after this assignment I get tomorrow off…”

“Yes…yes…just be careful”

“Rather I’m careful or not…it doesn’t matter does it?…after all…” Yunho open his eyes as a golden glow could be seen mixing in well with the light of the moon behind him “…I am no longer human…”

Yunho walked forward as he ready one of his pistol before pushing the old rotten doors open. The stench of rotting woods filled his nose as he made an expression of disgust. Dust flew everywhere upon the opening of the door as the moonlight filled the large room. Abandon crate boxes and other warehouse items could be seen all over. Spiders have also made this their home filling corners with endless spider webs.

“Now then…if I was a lycan where would I hide?” wonder Yunho as he ventured further inside.

He made sure to pay close attention to this surrounding and give no opening for the lycan to attack. His finger is place closely on the trigger as the safety has been unhatched. The light from outside caused the silver pistol in his hand to shine brightly when suddenly the two large doors behind him slam to a close. This started Yunho as he quickly swings around and pointed his gun but there was no one there. Luckily his vampire eyes could see the night like its day time. A few seconds after darkness filled the room, Yunho could hear loud growling coming from his right and then it switched to his left. It was as if this lycan is making a whole circle around Yunho trying to find the right angle to attack. But being a vampire, Yunho knew this wasn’t the case. There is more hiding in this place then just the one he is sent after.

“Yunho? what is going on?” Hyori asked

“from the look of it…I’m trap…”

Hyori raised one of her eyebrow “Trap? In what?”

“A box Hyori...I’m trap inside a box…of course it’s the warehouse…”

“Oi…don’t get smart with me Yunho…” Hyori spoke in a harsher tone of voice

“What should I do? From the look of it…I might be dealing with more than just one Lycan here?”

“How could you tell?”

“I can smell them…The one we are after is among them as well as maybe 3 others…”

“Retreat…” spoke Hyori

“uhhhh?! Retreat? You kidding me right?” his loud voice ringed through the air completely forgetting about the 4 lycans hiding in the shadows waiting to attack him

“Yunho even with your vampire abilities, to handle four lycan is impossible…”

“oi…don’t doubt my ability…”

“It’s not your ability I doubt…”

“then what are you….” Yunho was cut off when something suddenly flew toward him as he quickly jumped out of the way “sorry I’ll leave this for later…I’m going to be busy taking these lycan’s down”

“Oi yunho! Don’t do anything stupid!!” Hyori shouted but Yunho had already cut her off.

She clicked her tongue in frustration before tossing the phone to the side “this guy…he is always doing what he wants…never following the god damn rules…”

 Yunho closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again as the golden glow intensify and his lips curved into an excited smile. The lycan wasn’t going to wait any longer as it jumped toward Yunho from all directions as a group effort. Yunho didn’t show any sign of fear as he quickly disappear from where he was standing and reappear above the lycans. He aimed his gun and started to shot at them. Unlike vampire where one bullet can kill them, Lycans takes more time and more bullets before it can kill them. Yunho landed on the ground before but quickly jumped back as one of the lycan dashed toward him and tried to slash him with its large claws. Using the large crates, Yunho jumped from one to another until he stood on the very top crate that has been stacked toward the ceiling. The three lycans looked at him and growls in anger. It was at this moment where Yunho realize the fourth lycan was missing among them. To his surprise the fourth lycan appear from behind him and manages to push him back down toward the ground. He felt the pain of his back colliding with the ground below traveled throughout his body as the lycan hovers over him and tried to bite him. Luckily Yunho was able to pull out the second pistol and used both pistol to block the attack in time. The Lycans’s large mouth remained open in front of Yunho revealing its long and sharp teeth. He felt the hot lycan breath upon his skin as Yunho made an attempt to escape from the hold the lycan has on him. He smiled at the lycan before letting go of the lycan’s mouth and started to fire the bullets inside. The lycan’s roared in pain as it quickly got off of Yunho and backed away. Bloods begin to fill its mouth from the open wounds. Yunho wasn’t even given enough time to recover when the other three lycans attacked him. He continues to dodge them, block their attacks and fire as much bullets as he could. One of the lycan swing’s its large fury arm at Yunho knocking him off his feet as he collided with the wall as dust flew everywhere. The second lycan jumped at him as Yunho disappear from where he stood and appear above the second lycan. He aimed his gun and fired the bullet as it pierced through the lycan’s neck. It collapsed to the ground with a loud thud before it stopped moving. The reminding three tried their best to take Yunho down but he wasn’t like any hunter. He was fast, strong and unpredictable. Within minutes Yunho managed to take another one down leaving two left to deal with. At this point Yunho was starting to agree with Hyori, maybe handling four of them at the same time was a bad idea. The two lycans growled at Yunho as their red eyes glows with hatred. They stood in front of Yunho glaring at him as he aimed both of his pistols.

“come at me with everything you got!” he shouted

The two lycans dashed toward Yunho as Yunho stood there. He waited until they got closer before his fingers pulled the trigger however no bullets were fired. At this point, Yunho knew he was out of bullets as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter