Chapter 4

Bloody Kiss: Oracle of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4

__________________________________________________

 

Blood spilled onto the ground below as the lycan quickly jumped a few feet back growling with its eyes glowing brightly. Standing in front of Jaejoong is Top with his sword drawn and lycan blood dripping at the edge. His eyes glows brightly in the darken night as the moon hovers above him. A large cut could be seen straight across the lycan’s chest as it’s brown fur begin to dye in a reddish color matching it’s eyes. Surrounding the entire area are all of Jaejoong’s direct links as they stare at the lycan like a delicious prey that has wondered into the wrong territory. All their eyes glows a beautiful golden color in the darkness sending shivers throughout the lycan’s body.  Jaejoong stood there protected by all his direct links as Changmin and MyungHee appear at his side.

“Get rid of it” glare Jaejoong as Top grinned widely.

Top and the other vampires dashed toward the lycan ripping it to parks as more blood stained the ground below. The loud painful cry could be heard by Ren as he lifted his gaze toward the darken sky above.

“Of course…knowing you…you probably have a few of your owns” thought Ren as his expression changed to one of sadness for another follower has died by the hand of a vampire.

“It tasted horrible” complain top as he spit the blood out from his mouth before wiping it with the sleeve of his sweater “they taste as horrible as they look”

“It’s strange…lycan don’t usually venture out this far from the city” spoke MyungHee

Changmin turn to look at jaejoong “why is it after you?”

“oi…don’t look at me like I was out making trouble…” spoke Jaejoong as he turn his gaze back to the lycan “I don’t think it was after me…more like it was probably sent here because of this”

Jaejoong held up the knife as it shines from the moonlight. Changmin immediately recognized the knife that made his hand numbed for a few hours. If he remembers correctly, this knife belonged to that woman he fought with earlier. But the question here is how did Jaejoong get it?

“But why would a lycan come all the way out here and even follows you for a mere knife? What is so special about it?” MyungHee asked

Jaejoong didn’t answer as he stares at it with a serious expression before turning around “who knows…if it’s that special then I mind as well keep it…it might become useful” he grinned before entering the house as the others follow.

“I swear…jaejoong is way to relax about all of this” spoke MyungHee and changmin can’t help but agree. Jaejoong is the type to take it easy and have no concern or worry. Even though the Oracle of light has return, even though they are also the target of this group, Jaejoong show no sign of fear or concern. He was expecting for Jaejoong to put together a plan for counter attack in case the Oracle of light decided to come to their front door but so far nothing from jaejoong. But knowing him, he probably already has a plan but isn’t voicing it out to changmin or the others.

“Come on changmin…the sun will rise soon” came MyungHee’s voice as changmin push his thoughts aside and entered the house.

Yunho stood in front of the closed glass door that leads to his balcony. He can’t help but stare at the hole on the door where the knife struck. He could feel the small breeze coming from the hole. Yunho wonder how he should explain this to the landlord. He let out a sigh before his thoughts wondered to what Jaejoong had just told him about Ren. Even though Yunho has been with Hellsing for a long time, he had never once heard about the Oracle of Light. He spent a great deal of time in the Hellsing library reading through all the kind of records but never once had he come across this particular group. Just what is their aim? What kind of records are they trying to get back from Hellsing? Could it be that there are some secrets that Hellsing is keeping from everyone? An image of the young woman and her silver hair lycan flashed before his eyes as he get this feeling like he has known her from somewhere even though he didn’t see her face. Just her voice and the air around her give Yunho a sense of familiarity.

As Yunho pounder on this thought, he continues to fidgets with the cross hanging in front of his chest. It continues to shine under the apartment lights when suddenly the chain that holds it in place snapped. This took Yunho by surprise for he had this with him for a very long time and it has never broken before. He turns his gaze from the glass door to the cross in his hand. He can’t help but get this bad feeling like something big is going to happen. Maybe it might be even bigger then what Woojin was going to do to the world. His thoughts soon landed on those worlds that Ren had spoken to him about bringing back the dead and even mentioned his sister. Just what kind of lycan would possess such power? None the less why do Ren someone Yunho doesn’t know and someone who had lived for a very long time know about him and his sister? There were so much questions swirling in Yunho’s head that he was starting to get a migraine. From the horizon, Yunho could see a bit of light started to peek through the large building as a sign that the sun has begun to rise. He let out a sigh before pulling the curtains to a close blocking all lights from the outside.

He picks up the two pistols sitting on the table before walking to his bedroom and yawned. Once in the room he laid the pistols on top of the night stand before lying down on the bed. He stared at the ceiling feeling totally exhausted. Even though it’s been 2 years he is still not use to the life of a vampire. He use to sleep at night and play during the day but now he sleeps during the day and play during the night. He can’t deny the fact that this sudden change did mess with his sleeps until he fully adjusted.

“I bet you miss the sun do you not? You probably dread having to live off of blood…not being able to do the things you once were able to do…I bet you miss being human do you not?”

These words from Ren ring in his ear as he turn his gaze toward the glass door and could see lights peeking through at the end of the curtain. He can’t deny the fact that he does miss being human, he does miss bathing in the sunlight and enjoy what the day light have to offer. At night there is barely anything to do because all the stores are closed. But no matter how much he misses it, there is no turning back. This was what he had come into terms with and this was the path he has chosen to keep.

After the first attack of the research facility, Hyori has increased the security and enforced a 24 hour watch. At night Yunho will still have to guard the place from a distance however for the last couple of days, the night has passed peacefully. Even the lycan’s activities have decrease. They have never gone through a week without a lycan attacking. Those who knew about the Oracle of Light can’t help but wonders what they are planning or when they will attack the place again.

The clock struck 3 am as Yunho returned to the office and sat down confirming that tonight will be another peaceful night as he left the guarding to the security team. However the look on Yunho’s face tells a person that he was not in the best mood.

“What is up with him?” One of the coworker asked Hojoon as they watched Yunho from the second floor

“Who knows…maybe the wife hasn’t been coming around much” smirk Hojoon

“Wife? When did Yunho get marry?” he asked clueless of the relationship between Yunho and the fearful vampire jaejoong

“If you want to know the details…you should Yunho directly” he spoke as he drink from his cup of coffee before descending the stairs and walked toward Yunho before he pulled a chair and sat down.

“Is there trouble in paradise?” Hojoon asked in a teasing kind of voice

Yunho only shot him a glare “I just don’t get him…sometime I feel like I’m the only one who really want to spend some quality time together…for a vampire who does nothing, he is always busy…just what is he doing that is taking up all his time?”

Hojoon felted like maybe he shouldn’t have asked because now he is stuck being a marriage counselor to Yunho “Look Yunho…you have to understand that Jaejoong is a vampire…”

“So am I…but you don’t see me hiding in an abandon cabin out in the middle of a forest…”

Hojoon sigh “Jaejoong isn’t just a vampire like you Yunho…he is a master…a leader to other direct links like yourself…he has the responsibility to keep them safe and out of trouble….just imagine…if he were to forget about his responsibility and started to spend all his time with you…one or two of those direct links will start to cause trouble…what do you think will happen if they decided to attack human…do you think the council will let them live?”

Yunho didn’t respond as he remind quiet

“The only reason the councils isn’t doing anything is because they trust in Jaejoong’s words that the vampires will not interfere with the human and that the vampire and human will not mix again…this peace has to be held by Jaejoong…either you know it or not…right now Jaejoong holds the key to this peace between vampire and human…”

Yunho let out a sigh before he straighten his poser in his chair “I just wish…I could spend more time with him you know…I feel like the longer I am away from him…the further he will stray away from my side…I fear one day he will just disappear like before…”

Hojoon looked at Yunho before speaking “you my dear friend…have some trust issues…”

“I do not…”

“Yes you do…”

“Do not!”

They started to shout back and forth when Hojoon spotted Junsu from the second floor with a hand full of books and papers heading toward Hyori’s office. He has experience enough to know that whenever Junsu head to Hyori’s office with hand full of documents, it means something interesting and important is about to be discussed.

“Come on” said Hojoon as he pulled Yunho to his feet

“Where are we going?”

“Listen in on a very interesting topic” Hojoon grinned

“In other words eavesdropping…”

Hojoon dragged Yunho to an empty room that is next to Hyori’s office as he closely listens through the thin walls. Yunho on the other hand was not interested at all as he sigh before turning his gaze toward the window to the darken night wondering what Jaejoong is up to.

“As you requested….I have brought over my findings” said Junsu “you can’t believe what I found”

Junsu placed a few documents that he had copied on top of Hyori’s desk  “it was hard finding records of them as I predicted but from what is available I was able to put pieces together…but do know that some of this is just my assumption…”

“It’s better than nothing…” said Hyori

“first let start from the origin….according to the earliest record…the Oracle of Light was established before Hellsing was…they were the first group to counter the growing vampire race…Back then it was made up of highly trained priest who specialist in so call exorcist….the removal of vampire. The head of this organization was a priest by the name of Choi Min Ki. During his training days, the village and the church he was training at were attacked by vampires. No one was spared…it was said to have been the worst massacre by vampire’s hand. Since then, he disappears and established the Oracle of Light with the belief that any demon or vampire killed by their hand will be forgiven by god and given a chance at rebirth….the Oracle of Light was built upon these beliefs…and for many years, they were doing a great job protecting people and fighting vampires…”

“If they were doing so well why did they disappear during the early 1900s…?” Hyori asked

“From the last record we have of them…it looks like the Oracle of Lights were exposed for experimentation…they were secretly working with alchemy….a process that was banned and seen as darkness….”

“Alchemy? Like turning stones into Gold kind of things?”

Junsu shook his head “it was the transformation of the human body…to counter the vampire’s strength…they experimented on live subject to see if they can transform a body into something like a superhuman…”

“So they were shut down because of that?”

“It’s unclear if that was the reason or if it was something else….”

“Well…what do you think?” Hyori asked

Junsu paused as he begins to think “if you ask me I think it was something else…if they were forced to shut down and disbanded…it will be part of the records. Not only that but they wouldn’t have just disappear without a trace…”

Hojoon who was listening in on the conversation wouldn’t believe what he is hearing. He has heard story about this Oracle of Light but he had always thought they were just rumors and stories. To think that they were actually real is kind of exciting.

“Unlike Hellsing Oracle of Light was far greater in numbers….even when Hellsing was established, nothing came close to the kind of work Oracle of Light could do…they were a very advanced group of people during those days…people actually started to see them as angels of gods that was sent to save them from vampires…” said Junsu as he paused a bit before speaking “but…for a group of people who believed that they could save a tainted soul….they are far more cruel them Hellsing….as soon as they heard that someone has been bitten, they will not hesitate to kill that person unlike Hellsing who keep track of who is bitten and take care of the task after the transformation has been completed. Family…friends…even children were forced to witness their l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter