Chapter 10

Bloody Kiss: Oracle of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 10
__________________________________________________ 


Hyori sat on her desk with her long leg crossed as well as her arms as she looks from the nervous Junsu to Yunho. The look on her face was enough to tell anyone that she was not happy about what they did and she is even more upset that they left her out of it. Sitting next to her is the record that the Oracle of Light was after. Yunho had hoped to keep this a secret till the very end however things didn’t go as planned when Hyori show up at the kim’s mansion holding onto the record Yunho had left behind. When he ascended those stairs, he had switched the real record with a fake one that he spotted by the old book shelf. He had hoped to come back for it but when they got back to the mansion, Hyori was already there holding on to it. As it turns out they had forgotten that Hyori could also access their phone and turn on the tracking. This was one thing required by Hellsing in order to track a fallen hunter or find their body. Hyori knew they were up to no good but never would she think that they will actually find the record and had a show down with Ren and his men. 

“so you are telling me that Ren kidnapped Jaejoong and his hiding him somewhere….in order to get him back…Ren requested for the exchange of his record which you know the location off because of Won shik…am I right?” she asked to confirm the story once more

“For the last time…yes…” spoke Yunho

Hyori glared at Yunho “then why did you keep it a secret Yunho? This is a very important record that could lead to the destruction of the world if it is returned to Ren…none the less you broke the biggest and more important rule of Hellsing…By not revealing this key information…by acting on your own without permission….you have basically made yourself out to be a traitor….”

“that’s a pretty harsh word there Hyori” spoke Hojoon “he was only doing what he have to in order to save Jaejoong”

“jaejoong is a powerful vampire…possibly even more powerful then woojin…he could take care of himself…he doesn’t need you guys to be putting yourself in harm’s way none the less put the world at stake”

“How can he protect himself when he is put to sleep? He isn’t even aware what is happening right now” spoke Yunho with a hint of anger 

Hyori once again glared at Yunho as he shut his mouth “Yunho…I understand you love him…I understand you will do anything to protect him…but you also need to think of yourself as well and think about the safety of this world…you were close to handing over something that can empower the Oracle of Light….do you want to see more people suffer? Do you want to see more death and bloodshed for one vampire?”

Yunho clinched his fist tightly out of anger “I don’t know what your issue is Hyori but that one vampire happens to be the very same one who risked his life for this world…the very same vampire who fought against woojin and killed him. That vampire you spoke of with such a hateful tone is the one who I loved…the one who saved me so many times…the one who died for my sake and came back for the human’s sake…he sacrificed so much so why can’t we do the same for him?!”

Hyori didn’t say a word as she gazed at Yunho and his golden eyes. She can’t help but think that he does have a point. This wasn’t a topic that she could argue against.

“Look Hyori…” Yoochun spoke “I know what we did was wrong…and we are willing to accept the punishment but please try to understand…we aren’t doing this to pay back what he had done for us…this is us doing what we have to for a friend regardless if he is a vampire or a human…like you said…Jaejoong is powerful…someone so powerful shouldn’t be in the wrong hand…what would you do if Ren decided he wants to use Jaejoong to his advantage? We will be back to fighting a vampire war”

“We need to save Jaejoong no matter what…even if it cost us our job” spoke Junsu.

Hyori looked from Junsu to Hojoon then to Yoochun and finally to Yunho. She could see the determination in their eyes. 

“you said that Ren will meet Yunho tomorrow during the blood moon right?”

“yes…” Hojoon answered

She turn her attention to Yunho “when you were human the blood moon have no effect on you Yunho…now that you are a vampire…it will be a night of weakening…how do you expect to win against him?”

“That…I’m not sure…I’ll just have to keep him busy as much as possible while Changmin and the others goes to rescue Jaejoong…”

“Rescue? How? when they don’t even know where Jaejoong is being held?”

“I had placed a small tracking device onto Ren’s robe…its small enough to go unnoticed…”

“So your plan is to have the vampires go rescue their master while you keep Ren busy at Seoul Tower with this record?”
“yes…”

Hyori look at Yunho once more unsure how things will turn out. She can’t help but imagine the many outcomes that could happen from all of this. But as much as she distrust Jaejoong or fear him, she can’t allow Ren to continue to have possession of him. She reached for the record next to her before tossing it to Yunho.

“Take it…do what you have to do…”

“really?! you aren’t going to stop us?” Yunho asked a bit surprise

“Who do you think I am Yunho? I have lost count how many times I had to cover for your because you like to make trouble…this isn’t anything new…beside…you are a good person Yunho…you are devoted to your job and is one of the best hunter in Hellsing even before you went all undead on us…I have known you for a long time…when you do something like this it’s for a good reason…I don’t want to stop you from doing what you have to do?”

“But the records…are you okay with me taking it to Ren? I can’t guarantee that I can protect it”

“take it…but before anything…let Junsu study it…make copies of everything in that record…even if we were to lose the original to Ren…we will still have a copy to study and find out what is in that record that he wants back…but most importantly Yunho” she paused a bit before speaking “Don’t die on me…bring Jaejoong back…I want to see the both of you in my office after everything is over and in one piece…”

Yunho’s lip curved into a smile “Roger that…”

Jaejoong found himself sitting in a familiar surrounding staring at the one man he had hoped to never see again. To make matter worst he is no longer in control of his dream. That wonderful paradise he was living in has been replaced by this shadowy, foggy and eerie scenery with nothing but dead trees. He sat on a chair with a cup of tea in front of him and sitting across from him is none other than Han woojin. 

“This is too weird…drinking tea with the ert who terrorized the world…” spoke Jaejoong with a grin “is it that much fun living in someone else’s mind? If you don’t mind…why don’t you try living in changmin or MyungHee’s mind for a while”

Woojin only smiled “you are the same as always…just be lucky I no longer have a body…beside” he paused “I won’t be here much longer…my body has been destroyed thanks to you…”

“Your welcome” smile Jaejoong

“My power has been lost…what you are seeing is the little life I have left inside you…but don’t worry… I don’t plan to do anything to you…”

“I already know that…with that little power…you won’t even be able to move a tree…”

Woojin didn’t say anything as he only smiled before drinking the tea in front of him “how much longer do you plan to sleep Jaejoong ah? It’s not like you don’t know what had happen…I have taught you well enough to differentiate between dream and reality…”

Jaejoong took a sip of his tea without saying a word

“some people prefer to live in their dream because the impossible is possible such as walking in sunlight…dreams are filled with happiness…it isn’t as tainted as the real world…however…living in the dream too long will not be good for you…it’s going to make you lose all senses of reality…” he sat his cup down before standing up “you were my biggest creation…the one I’m proudest of…and the one who will carry on my legacy as well as my power…you will continue to get stronger….obtain more power Jaejoong ah…when that time comes…you will be engulfed by the dark power inside you and you won’t be able to see the right from wrong…it will make you hungry for blood…for death…for destruction…”

Jaejoong didn’t say a word as he kept his head low holding the cup near his pink full lip

“you know that as much as I do…however…” Woojin smiled as his body started to fade “you did find something I wasn’t able to find…you found love…friendship…maybe you might not end up like me…protect what you have found Jaejoong ah…it’s probably the most precious thing anyone could wish for…even me…” with that being said Woojin faded away leaving Jaejoong alone.

His presence was no longer there. Jaejoong could tell that what is left of Woojin has completely disappeared forever. He can’t help but think about what Woojin had said to him. The look on his face was one Jaejoong had never seen before. Jaejoong smiled feeling that in all the years…all the centuries that he served under Woojin, he was finally honest with Jaejoong about his true feeling. Rather seeing a monster full of dark power and endless sins, Jaejoong felt like he was seeing the more human side of Woojin. He lifted his head toward the darken sky above. 

Ren was in the room with Jaejoong deep in thoughts when he noticed Jaejoong’s finger twitched for a second before going still. He walked over to Jaejoong’s body to get a closer look but didn’t see anything move. The only thing that moves is his stomach from breathing. Ren started to wonder if what he saw was real but then again no matter how powerful one vampire is, he or she won’t be able to wake up on their own. He reached over to Jaejoong and found himself slowly wrapping his long fingers around Jaejoong’s neck when suddenly the door opens.

“Ren...” Came so min’s voice

“What is it?”

“How long do you plan to stay in this room with him? You need to rest…”

Ren could see the concern look in So min’s eyes. Ever since the fight with Yunho earlier, he had felt this horrible feeling from deep inside making him worry that maybe Yunho might actually have what it takes to get in his way. 

“So min…”

“yes…”

“How do you feel about fighting your brother? Do you feel sad? Do you feel sorrow? Do you show him mercy because he is your brother?”

“I feel nothing but disappointment and disgust toward him….unless he go through the punishment and is cleansed…he isn’t my brother…he is just another blood thirsty vampire…”

Ren smiled fully satisfy with her answer as he walked over to her “then do you think you can kill him for me?”

So min only looked at Ren “I’ll do anything you want me to…you saved my life…you taught me how to survive…my life belongs to you…”

Ren’s smile got wider as he reached over and gently pat her on the head “You have no idea how happy I am to hear those words from you…on the night of the blood moon…he will come with the real record…I want you to kill him and take that record from his bloody cold hand…that is what god wants…that is what I wants…”

“What about his punishment? Weren’t we going to cleanse him of his sins?”

“oh my dear So min…your brother’s fate is no longer in my hand…the fate that awaits him is death…he has been fully consumed by the darkness inside him…the only way to save him is to release him of his suffering and let god be the one to cleanse him…do you understand?”

So min only nodded her head

“We cannot be reckless like we were earlier…we can no longer underestimate them…We will have to treat them like some high level threat…in order to defeat them…you will also need to accept your fate on the night of the blood moon…”

So min stared into his bright red eyes

“Are you scared?” he asked

She shook her head “no…I’ll accept whatever fate has for me…”

“That’s a good girl…” smile Ren

As the sun rise high to the sky, Yunho made sure he was sound asleep so his body won’t weaken too much during the fight tonight. In the meantime, Junsu was busy making copies of the record and examining all the details inside. Hojoon and Yoochun assisted him in getting every single page copies and fetching whatever Junsu needed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter