Only a favour

Marrying By Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

             “Ya, Lee Joon!” Hyuna turned getting free from his embrace. Joon was surprised for an instant but then smiled at her outburst. Behind them Hyunseung stirred in his sleep making them both breathless. Only after he started breathing deeply again did they sigh relieved.

Hyuna gestured him to stay quiet and to follow her. Joon did it, obediently silent loving to see how pissed she was.

             When they got to her room she started freaking out again.

             “Lee Joon, how can you say absurd things whenever it feels like it?” Joon was puzzled for a few seconds before remembering that maybe she was seeing his proposal as a joke on his part.

Serious as hell, he approached her and smiled.

             “I’m not being absurd – I want to run away with you.” Hyuna was speechless from both absurdness and hope.

             “How can you say something like that after coming from where you came…?” That was a sting to his heart but she was right but so was Joon.

             “That’s exactly why I’m telling you this.” Utterly confused Hyuna just turned her backs on him and went for her pyjamas. Joon stepped outside the room neither happy nor sad – he just didn’t know what to make out of her response. Her eyes were full of sadness and yet empty, distant.

He sighed and went to his room to try and sleep for a while. Tomorrow he would try again.

 

«»

 

             “Please, Hyuna!”

             “No! I’m not doing something so… incomprehensible!” She was washing the dishes from their breakfast (a very late one) while Joon nagged her.

He grumbled but tried again – he needed to convince her to go out of town; for his sake and hers. Joon hadn’t forgotten about the men who had been around the house. Their target was Hyuna and he would protect her.

             “What’s so incomprehensible about wanting a proper honeymoon with my wife?”Hyuna stopped washing and stared at him, divided. What conclusions could she make from that sentence?

After her long stare and silence Joon thought that maybe he had said something wrong so he played his words over and over in his head until he caught the double meaning of it.

He didn’t try to explain it better – that wasn’t the main point of this whole thing… was it?

             “Hyuna yah, let’s just go okay?” She turned back her attention to the dirty dishes, puffing her hair off her face. Once, twice, thrice; her ignoring him was getting on his nerves and – thoughtlessly – he grabbed her arms and spun her around, pressing her against the table. “Can’t you do me that favour?!” Hyuna looked down – she felt so embarrassed by her thoughts that she couldn’t even look him in the eye. That was why she didn’t answer him but Joon – completely clueless – held her chin up so she was facing him. He took the hair out of her face gently and smiled, pleading with his eyes. “Do me that favour.”

Hyuna nodded and two hours later they were heading to Songnisan National Park.

 

«»

 

             “He is here again, Unnie…” Ga Yoon announced quite amused.

Even though she would never let anyone one know Nam Ji Hyun was super duper pleased herself.

The rest of 4MINUTE spread around the dance practice room, mixing with the back dancers leaving only Ji Hyun alone in the middle of the room while she practiced their newest routine.

             She was dancing when Hyunseung entered the room – Ji Hyun saw him in the mirror – bowing to the rest of the people. She could see also her band members giggling crazily at the corner.

             “Hi.” Ji Hyun didn’t even look at him and kept dancing, very much focused. “Did you think about my proposal?”

             “No.”

             “Why not?”

             “Because the answer would be the same even if I had given some thought to the idea.” Ji Hyun stopped and sat on the floor to drink some water. She was all sweaty and sticky and she hated it.

             “Then why did you kiss me? You don’t like me.” Ji Hyun kept drinking water completely unfazed by his words. “Ya! Nam Ji Hyun – go out with me!” She stared at him for a while, deciding about something but what?

Hyunseung was praying to all angels, asking for a satisfactory answer.

             “Do you really want to go on a date with me?” He nodded, eagerly and sincere. Ji Hyun smiled looking at her water bottle and got up. She took two steps and turned to him. Everyone behind her was waiting – probably more anxiously than Hyunseung – for her answer.

Charmingly and somewhat shy Ji Hyun smiled and looked at Hyunseung with the loveliest face ever.

             “No.”

             She walked out of the room with a triumphant smile on her lips, very much pleased that he had all the trouble to go ask her out again after she had already said no once before. Sincerely she was enjoying this game of having him chase after but she knew it wasn’t going to last – men got tired fast and besides that he still loved Hyuna; Ji Hyun felt it.

             “Yeah, I should protect myself before anything else…” She murmured as she walked to the locker room.       

Ji Hyun took her shower and got dressed prettily like usually. She headed out first because she could not handle any question at the moment – if she was caught by her band members she wouldn’t be able to escape being questioned.

What she wasn’t expecting was Hyunseung waiting for her outside. The moment she saw him Ji Hyun tried to walk back inside the building but it was too late since Hyunseung had already seen her and was jogging in her direction.

             “Ya, Nam Ji Hyun! You don’t have the right to kiss me and then bail on me just because!” She was surprised at his choice of words but tried not to show it.

Her heart skipped two beats.

             “What do you want me to do? Take responsibility?” Ji Hyun was joking so she laughed a bit but Hyunseung wasn’t laughing – at all. “Ya! It’s not like I got you pregnant or anything. It was just a kiss!”

             “Do me this favour, please!”

             “Why?”

             “Just do me the favour will you?”

             “No.” She turned leaving already when she heard him screaming.

             “YA! WORLD, LISTEN TO ME! THIS WOMAN RIGHT HERE – yes, he pointed at her while saying this part – DOESN’T WANT TO GIVE ME A CHANCE, OH? DO YOU THINK IT’S FAIR?” Many people were staring at them both whispering already. Ji Hyun felt she was going insane, seriously.

             “Ya!” She ran to him and joined her hands over his mouth, covering it. “Are you crazy? What are you doing? Do you want a scandal in social networks tomorrow morning?” He fought against her hands over his mouth so he could talk.

             “Go out with me!”

             “Would that change anything between us?” He took a moment to think and then nodded.

             “Most probably, yes.”

             The silence was felt by everyone – them and the ones surrounding them. People who were only passing by stopped to see the end of their moment.

JI Hyun could feel all the stares on her back and see some o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter