Another Quarrel

Marrying By Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

         The Kim residence was full of light. The big dinner table was set up marvellously to welcome its guests and all the house was immaculate and smelled fresh.

Everyone was sitting in the living room and silence subsisted for a while. Both her father and mother would stare at the couple, gulping each time their eyes met.

         “So Joon, tell me about the marriage… How is it going?” Hyuna’s mom began but regretted immediately.

         “The marriage life is just wonderful, right dear wife?” Hyuna growl lowly, rolling her eyes next. “I guess the only thing that Hyuna misses are her friends. Her dear, loving friends. Am I right, wifey?”

Hyuna was about to get up but the maid prevented her from saying anything, announcing that dinner was ready. They moved to the dining room settling down in their seats. Hyuna was supposed to sit next to Joon but she circled the table and sat right across from him.

         Her parents were completely surprised at the couple’s behave but said nothing. Dinner was served and they all started to eat in silence, once again.

Mr. Kim coughed lightly and touched his daughter’s arm.

         “So daughter, how is the food? Is it good?” Hyuna nodded smiling at her father. “Have you been eating? You seem too skinny.” Hyuna smiled again, nodding then. “Is your husband feeding you well, huh? That’s good, that’s good.”

         “I’m not health because of him, father.” Once she said that she actually regretted. Hyuna reminded of the table he set up two mornings ago and the breakfast he had prepared before the argument.

Hyuna peeked out and Joon smiled at her, taking some of the meat on his plate and placing on hers.

         “I’m sorry for that wife. I’ve been too busy to pay attention to your health.” Hyuna kind of trembled from the way he was looking at her – it was pure contempt. “What if you we do it like this – I’ll be more attentive and you’ll just enjoy more of your spare time. That way I won’t have to worry whether I’ll have your friends at our place once I get out from work, huh? Is that good?”

         “Ya Lee Chang Sun…” Hyuna stood abruptly, starling her mother right next to Joon on the other side of the table. Her father standing by her side only look at ground, sighing deeply.

         “What, wife?” He also stood, both pissed and glaring.

         “Eomma, thanks for dinner but I think I’ll have to go. I’ll call.” Flying out the room Hyuna took her handbag and big coat rushing out, to the street of her old house.

Joon bowed to his in-laws and rushed after her. He sprinted around the fancy block, trying to see if he would catch a glimpse of her and when he did he waste time – he ran after her.

         “Ya, Kim Hyuna!” She stopped on her tracks but didn’t turn. “Kim Hyuna why did you run like that?”

         “And you still ask?!” She turned, her make up all smudged, she was crying. “You are a jerk!” She ran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter