Their Contract

Marrying By Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

So there they were; it was Saturday’s twilight hour and the lovey-dovey couple was walking in the sidewalk beside the beach for the first time. The sunset behind them was the most perfect frame ever and they walking side by side was the most intimate image they ever displayed. All the paparazzi that were hidden had a single tear slipping down their cheek all the while they follow the couple around.

Suddenly Hyun Ah tripped but was kept in place by Joon’s hand that held hers tightly pulling her up immediately.

                “Aish! It hurts!” Hyun Ah sat on the bench taking off her right heel. “Oh, jinja…” she had a big water blister below her foot.

                “Does it hurt that bad?”

                “Just a bit; it will pass Chang Sun-shi, don’t worry. Let’s just go.” Hyun Ah was going to get up but he told her to sit and grabbed her foot.

                “You won’t be able to walk with this blister here and the car is far…” He looked far away thinking hard about something. Hyun Ah was looking at him trying to figure out what the hell he was thinking about. He turned still kneeling and pointed at his back. “Come up, I’ll take you there.”

                “Anni yo, jinja yo.”

                “Just do as I told you, come.”  He pulled her forward and she climbed to his back. He lifted causing Hyun Ah to squeal minimally – Joon smiled at her reaction and kept walking to the car.

Once they were next to the car he sat down and pushed her in. Hyun Ah bruised her arm when she hit on the doorknob of the car.

                “You could be gentler!” She said to him but he eyed her not really caring.

                “I carried you to here. You could at least thank me.”

                “In our contract there’s nothing about thanking.” She scoffed.

                “Oh really? Guess what – in our contract there’s nothing about being gentle either.”

                “What a block-head!” She crossed her arms and legs, turning away from him.

                “Stupid bear!” he said doing the same as her, looking out his window.Why did I sign that contract? Aish,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter