Lies Like Bubbles

Marrying By Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                The day was bright and the sky was clear. Birds sang and the wind blows cool and soft; it almost seemed like a spring day if it wasn’t for the cold temperature. Everything seemed peaceful, perfect even. But then a scream came from nowhere and disturbed the lull previously settled in that particular side of Seoul.

                “Mwoh?! Neo michyosseo?” Hyuna felt like throwing herself off a bridge while yelling that her manager should have her nose ripped off. “Wae? Can’t it be like…Doojoon? Or someone else? Why do I have to do it with Joon? Shireo! Shireo!”

                “Ya! Are you some child? He is your husband; you must do it with him. It’s good publicity too…!”

                “Ani, shireo! I won’t do it!” Hyuna crossed her arms and turned her back to her manager who could do anything but frown.

                “Hyuna-ya, don’t be like that, huh? Everything will be fine. I mean what do you fear so much?” After hearing that Hyuna just got her handbag and bowed walking out. This can’t be happening to me! It can’t!, she thought while ruffling her hair and slipping to the floor.

“Eotteokhe? Eotteokhaji? Aish, jinja…! Did I betray my country in my previous life or what? Does God love to mess with my life?”

“Hyuna…?” Hyunseung’s voice startled her in such manner that Hyuna shot upright completely frozen after. “Is something happening? Why are you crying?”

“Mwoh?” Hurriedly Hyuna touched her cheeks and there they were – tears; tears she didn’t even noticed shedding. “I didn’t even…” Hyunseung passed her a tissue and she thanked, cleaning her face and eyes. “I’ll get going.”

“Wait! Why were you crying? Is something up?”  Hyuna just looked away and sighed. Bowing and trying to get away Hyuna took a step back but Hyunseung got a hold of her. “Tell me! I know something is up! You look… scared!”

“Hyunseung, let me go. Please!” Hyuna tried to pull her wrist but Hyunseung grabbed the other and Hyuna felt trapped. “Let me go. Even if I have any kind of problem it’s not your place to concern. It’s my husb –” Hyunseung brought her close to him and hugged her, patting her head. Her heart was jumping like crazy and her breathing was short and rapid. Hyuna felt her eyes wide and watery.

                “Whether you like it or not I will always try to solve your problems, I’ll always hold you when you need it… I’ll always be yours.”

                “Hyunseung, let me go please…!” Her voice was surely small and weak and Hyunseung couldn’t help but to feel hope; she was given into him. However to Hyunseung’s misfortune Joon was there and he didn’t like what he saw.

                “YA, JANG HYUNSEUNG!” Upon hearing Joon’s voice Hyuna jumped and struggled under Hyunseung’s hold. The second she was free Joon was pulling her away from Hyunseung. He didn’t realize how possessive he looked right now but Hyunseung clearly did and he didn’t like it one bit. “The next time I catch one finger of yours touching my wife I’ll rip it off in that same instant.”

                “You better do it now because I’m not going to leave her side. She’s the woman I love!” Joon pulled him by the collar and narrowed his eyes at him.

                “Try saying that again!”

                Hyuna pulled Joon away and pushed him hard to the exit door, fearing something worse could happen if they linger one second longer there.

Inside, Hyunseung was left alone with his thoughts. Thoughts and theory he wasn’t fan of but there might just be true.

***

                “What happened? Why was he hugging you?” Hyuna sighed hard and held her breath gritting her teeth. Even though she tried to hold it in, tears fell off scaring the hell out of Joon. “Woman speak, please! What’s wrong with you?”

                “CUBE wants you in my next MV.” Joon was now puzzled. Is she crying because of that…?

                “So?” Hyuna snort and started walking away but Joon held her back. “YA! Kim Hyuna, you better start talking!”

                “I don’t want it, that’s all!” Joon looked right into her eyes and saw something was terribly wrong; the woman-bear he knows wasn’t there. “Don’t ask why… I can’t explain it, please just…” Joon pulled her into his arms and hugged her tighter. He kissed her forehead and rested his head on top of hers, sighing too. “Ya, Lee Chan Sung, there are people looking…” A small number of people were gazing at the scene and taking pictures. “Cute couple” and “they look good together” were some of the things understandable from the mutter surrounding.

                “Let them look.” With that Joon pulled slightly away and looked down at her. “I’ll be in your MV. Whether you like it or not…” After another soft kiss on her forehead Joon pulled Hyuna to the car where she felt more depressed and also confused.

I cried for him…?

***

                Two days after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter