Less Grumpy, More Safe

Marrying By Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Hyuna was in Jung shin’s arms when Joon ran across the scenery and ripped her away from him, hugging her. Hyuna’s eyes were wide as ever as everyone whispered how cute the scene looked.

After gulping the embarrassment away Hyuna bowed to the crowd – apologizing her husband’s manners – and then dragged Joon to 4Minute’s waiting room.

As soon they stepped inside the waiting room Hyuna snapped at him.

                “Are you crazy or something? Did you eat something bad?” Joon was looking at her, twinkling eyes and trembling mouth.  “Tell me what’s got into you!” Joon pulled her again, hugging her closely. He kissed her temple and passing his hands through her hair, whispering something Hyuna couldn’t understand. “Y-Y-Ya…Lee Chang Sun.” He stepped back and took a deep breath staring at her again. Hyuna could see something was up and she started to feel concerned. “What’s wrong?”

                “I called everywhere, I didn’t know if you were okay…!” He sat on the comfy little brown couch, running his hand through his hair. “A guy entered our house. He was there already this morning. I just didn’t notice…  Did you notice anything weird after I left?” Hyuna shook her head, taking the place beside him.

                “How did he look like…? Did you saw his face?” Joon nodded.

                “He was pretty tall and muscled. He had tiny eyes but large ears…He was wearing black leather gloves.”

                “Did he have any particular element? Like a tattoo or a mole?” Hyuna’s voice was small, weak. Joon squeezed his eyes looking at his wife whose face was terrified. After thinking for a bit he nodded slowly; Hyuna swallowed. Hard. “Where?” Joon pointed to his right temple.

                “Right here.” Hyuna’s shut her eyes breathing deep as if gaining courage. The whole scene seemed, to him, confused and messed up. Hyuna was scared to death but she didn’t even have noticed that someone was at home. Does she know anything I don’t…? “We should report the case to the police.” Joon took his phone but Hyuna snatched it away from his hand.

                “Is there anything missing at home?” Joon was surprised at her harsh, defensive tone but still nodded negatively. “Then there’s no need to involve the police. He must’ve been looking for money and couldn’t find it. I’ll be more careful now, thank you for the concern.” Hyuna got up and walked out the door, ready to go back to filming and Joon followed suit. “What are you doing…?”

                “I’m staying.”

                “What?! Why…? I said I’m fine.” Joon took his phone from her hand and kept it in his pocket, clearing his throat.

                “Don’t you have an MV to shoot?” and he kept walking down to the studio. Hyuna smiled lightly and followed him – she was happy for once today. At that exact time there was another person who also felt happy; he had got some precious information just now.

 

                Hong Seung Sung was sitting beside Joon, admiring one of his best works – 4Minute. This CEO couldn’t be more proud of these girls; he thought of them as daughters and had them dears in his heart so, the sudden marriage of Hyuna was a complete shock – overall she was marrying a well-known player, it worried him.

The CUBE’s CEO took a look at the young man sitting by his side, discretely. Joon was good looking, had tons of money and came from a good family. Was that enough to please Hong Seung Sung? Of course not; this thoughtful man just wanted to see if there was any affection towards Hyuna – that was the most important thing above all.

                “Lee Joon-shi?” Joon nodded, refusing to look away from Hyuna – her reaction earlier was really suspicious and, of course, something could happen to her; he didn’t want to have out of his view, Joon disliked the feeling it caused him. “Why are you looking so attentively at Hyuna? She’s not going to turn into smoke and disappear you know?” Joon smiled a little but he kept looking at her.

                “That’s something no one can guarantee…”  The CEO smiled at his tone and words, coughing next.

                “Just tell me something right now – what do you want to do the most right now?”

                “About Hyuna…?” He asked distractedly – Hyuna had just gone a little bit more far and he had some difficulties to keep an eye on her.

                “Hum. Be sincere, please.” After a quick break he smiled again, looking at Hong Seung Sung for the first time.

                “I just want to be by her side so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter