Her Sincere Feelings

Marrying By Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Birds were singing when Joon woke up in the next morning. The sun’s light was soft and it felt warm on his fingers and he smiled, memories coming up while he became awake.

                Hyuna smiling at him endearingly…

Hyuna’s messy hair while she examined him…

Hyuna on top of him….

Hyuna kissing him…

Hyuna on his arms, saying how much she loved to have his arms around her…

Hyuna, Hyuna, Hyuna…  Everywhere in his memory Hyuna appeared and Joon opened his eyes, shocked.

His arm was around her and she rested her head on his chest looking the most comfortable ever.

                “What the hell… When did I come here?” Joon tried not to move – so Hyuna wouldn’t wake up – while he tried to remember when exactly he had decided to come and lay beside her however such moment never occurred.

                He looked under the blankets but no undergarment was out of place and he breathed a sigh of relief.

At least he didn’t go overboard.

Joon was starting to suspect he was a ert when Hyuna twisted on his side a little and then a lot, fluttering her eyes open and staring at her very surprised husband who was staring at her too.

                They stared and stared and stared before finally realizing their positions. They pulled away quite awkwardly looking away from each other, feeling the most embarrassed ever.

                Joon got out of bed but he didn’t make any move to get out of the bedroom. Hyuna was sitting on the bed looking at the mattress. She looked slightly up and Joon saw how her hair was messy…just like in his dream.

                “I’m going to take a shower…” Joon excused himself feeling the weight on the pit of his stomach becoming heavier and heavier. He couldn’t afford to have it lower to his low parts so he rushed to the bathroom leaving a very happy Hyuna on the bed, smiling silly.

 

«»

 

                Hyuna had come down for a while now. She was in such a good mood that she decided to make something different for them – they would have pancakes for breakfast. She placed the apron on her waist, tied both the apron and her hair and started making pancakes.

What she didn’t noticed was that her husband had finished his shower for a while now and was watching her very pleased – more pleased she could ever imagine he would be for seeing her with an apron on. Joon loved to see her like this – it felt like she was truly married to him.

                As he kept watching her the more he liked and the more he liked the more he wished there was no contract, that their marriage was real and that they loved each other for real – he was tired of hearing the word fake whenever his marriage was brought up.

Joon wanted Hyuna to wake him up in the morning so he wouldn’t get late for work; Joon wanted to cook their meals together; Joon wanted to laze about in the couch with her, cuddling and eating sweets while watching dramas with him nagging her about how lame those dramas were; Joon wanted to see Hyuna with a big round belly…

                “Lee Joon! What are you doing?” Hyuna had come upstairs when Joon didn’t answer her. He had been staring into space for a while and she was actually freaked out for how far he seemed. She poked him on the cheek twice before he looked at her.

For having her so close Joon jumped back startled. He looked for support on the wall behind him for a few seconds composing his expression after. Joon cleared his throat before going down stairs saying it was nothing.

Hyuna was not convinced but followed him to the table and started eating.

                They were eating in silence, each lost in their own thoughts but it wasn’t awkward like previously – now they felt comfortable with each other.

Joon smiled at his absent wife’s face, loving how she would flip the fork in her fingers after each bite. It felt ultra natural – as if Hyuna had been made to execute that precise movement.

It felt real.

                Rain once said something to him about what was real and fake. Sometimes it’s not that different, he had said…

The day Hyuna had – supposedly – ran away with Hyunseung right before their engagement party Rain had said something to Joon that he was only remembering now.

                Even though it’s a fake marriage, he started when they were drinking that night, you’ll have to treat her very well. She is still your wife by law even if you don’t like it.

But the thing was that Joon liked it – he loved the fact that they were married and he wished it wasn’t just a fake marriage.

                After such conclusion Joon decides not to hold back anymore.

                “Ya, Hyuna – feed me!” His eyes were big and shiny like a little kid whenever they asked for something.

Hyuna felt her cheeks heat up, colouring in the reddest tone ever. Yet she held her spoon up and fed him a little of the pancake.

                “Want some more?” She asked when she noticed he had swallowed and Joon nodded, smiling child-like.

                While they fed each other and laughed his phone rang. Joon looked over Hyuna shoulder making her turn too – they were both deliberating whether to pick up the call or not.

Joon sighed definitely not in the mood to go to the company but Hyuna smiled softly and went for the phone – it was preferable she hadn’t.

The ID caller said ‘Nana’.

Hyuna breathed in before turning and giving him the phone. Joon asked why she looked so gloom but she didn’t answer and went upstairs, jogging.

One glance at the phone and Joon was reminded of why things with Hyuna always seem to take three steps back when he had already taken one forward – the answer was Nana.

Things couldn’t continue like that – it was bad for him since he couldn’t give it a try with Hyuna to figure it out what he truly felt and was also bad for Nana because she was still hoping their marriage would end, that they would divorce and that Joon would go back to her.

At this point even if he realized he didn’t want to be with Hyuna like that – if it was only his insane fantasies – he wouldn’t go back to Nana either since he had no feelings for her, he recognized.

Joon was going to be honest with her – he owed her that.

He picked up the phone call but before he could even say a word she passed out.

Joon ran out the door.

 

«»

 

                Hyuna was on her bed lying there when she heard the front door slam. She got up and went to her window only to see Joon rushing to his car and pulling it backwards. After that she could see only dust and he was gone.

Hyuna snorted displeased and sat on the floor, her head resting against the bed.  A tear streamed down but she cleaned it immediately finding it seriously weird. She knew she wanted Joon – maybe just ually, probably something more? – but she couldn’t say in what way, yet but she wanted to figure it out. However Nana’s call reminded her of something important – maybe Joon didn’t want anything else from what they had now. Maybe he was only waiting for the remaining time on the contract to expire and divorce like they had agreed. Maybe Hyuna was just a very close friend to him. Maybe…

                The lump

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter