The Last Straw

In Love with My Nerdy Oppa

The next two weeks, I kept having that dream of mine repeat itself over and over again. I would wake up, sweat dripping down my forehead, Sulli or Minho Oppa having to pull me to their bed and comfort me until I fell asleep in their room. Sulli as an exception, she was kind enough to take me outside and we would just sit in silence, me trying to calm myself as I took deep breathes.

 

I sat in my chair, tapping a finger on my math textbook. The class wasn't empty. Infact, there were students throwing apples and erasers around the class. I reached my hand to the corner of my desk, where my lollipop was supposively placed just a moment ago. I frowned. It wasn't there anymore. I rubbed my eyes, leaning back for a while. It was there just now, how could it have... "Huh?" I chuckled lightly, as I reopenned my eyes to find that the strawberry lollipop placed right at the corner. Again. I quickly unwrapped it. Must be my exsaustion due to the past sleepless night. I sighed in happiness, as I stuck the candy inside my mouth, ravishing it.

 

CLASS! Quiet down!" Mrs. Song bellowed. I looked up, feeling a slight bit uncomfortable. Headache? I still managed to look up though. "Jung In-soo?" I looked up. "Come up here and answer this question please."

 

I walked up, my vision blurrying. . Obviously this wasn't just some normal thing humans face everyday. I sighed, as I rubbed my temple. Could it be the candy...? Or... No. I couldn't have been. I laughed at my ridiculousness. It was merely a candy, besides, everyone in the room was occupied at something of their own interest. No one would poison me. There was no reason for such a ridiculous attempt. I took two deep breaths, trying hard to focus on the black board's writing. Behind me, I could hear people whispering at how pale my face had looked. Whatever.

 

It wasn't until I felt my whole body crumple, and hit the floor, that I realized how severe this was getting. My breathing hitched, my vision became noticibly blurry. Blurry enough for the room to seem dark, as I out completely. The only problem was, my mind was still functioning. My body shut down, but apparently my brain hasn't. This only happened in movies though. Then again... Those horrible nightmares I had only happened in movies too. Proving my point; The nightmare wasn't infact just a dream. It was a reality waiting to strike any minute.

 

In-ah!!" I heared Junhyung yell as people started to shuffle around. I tried to lift my hand. No use. It was as if I was in one of those scary comas, where you couldn't help but try to wake up, until the last moment when you are discharged from the hospital, and sent to your death bed, the only problem being that you were technically still alive. I shruddered mentally at the thought. Through the next hours, Kikwang and Sulli, Junhyung and unfortunately Hee-jin were all by my side, Kikwang clutching onto my hand as he blamed himself for not taking care of me well. How I wanted to comfort him, tell him it wasn't his fault. But who was I kidding? I didn't even have the strength to lift my eyelids.

 

In-ahh... Ottoke?" Sulli sobbed, holding onto my other hand. "Minho Oppa and the others are all so worried about you. Yet they can't come, because they're all the way in Paris, performing for Smtown Live." Another sob. "I swear... When I find the or tard who did this to you, I'll stab them to death with my own bare hands..."

 

My breathing hitched. No. No, no Sulli! It reminded me of my dream. I struggled. Fighting within myself, I managed to whisper-yell out a slient "Ani...". I lifted my heavy eyelids, which felt like they were weighed more than a ton. "Sulli-ah... Don't say that,"

 

Kikwang quickly fell to my side. "JUNG IN-SOO!! You ok?!" he shook me by the shoulder, as I smiled gently. "Answer if you are, In-ah ANSWER!!". Yet all I did was stare. Not at Kikwang, but at Hee-jin. Who seemed stunned at my sudden awake. Someone looked guilty... And also unbelieving that I was still alive.

 

N-neh..." the chuckled nervously, her face pale. you, Yoon Hee-jin. You can't simply put me to rest like this... The candy wasn't enough to kill me, unfortunately for you. "I-I can't believe this... But I though you were in a c-coma... Y-You can't be awake."

 

Ani." I stared on. "I'm awake and alive now aren't I?", I smirked.

 

Hee-jin suddenly pulled something out of her clutch bag. "B-But no! Look here! Peroxidizing comsumables are supposed to poison you to death! How could you have-"

 

WAIT." Sulli snapped. We all stared at her in confusion. "How. The. . And. Why...", she glared. "Do you have that printed out?!"

 

I froze. Oh my god. "And how do you know that it was whatever crap you just said I had consumbed?".

 

Hee-jin froze. "I-I...". Sweat tickled down her forehead, as everyone stared in utter shock. "I just thought I might've needed it!" she chuckled. "For... For you know... Since I am the nurse... I.... I SHOULD KNOW EVERYTHING A STUDENT MIGHT BE ILL FOR-"

 

Nice try Hee-jin.." Kikwang whispered. His head hung low, face dark with anger. "Did you really want me that much?..." Silence.

 

Hee-jin's POV:

 

As I ran out of the room, eyes b with tears, I clutched onto the sheet of paper.

 

Stupid. Show stupid I was, for printing it out and showing it to them. Now my plan had not only failed, but also had been uncovered. That girl's body did wonders. Nobody with NORMAL antibiotics could have handled it. She must've gone through something similar while she was young, that was the only way.

 

I let the paper crumple, as I bit down on my lips. Hard. Until I tasted the irony blood, seeping through the damned cut. "I'm sorry, In-ah.. But now I have no choice...". I flipped open my cellphone, and dialed a numbed. "Annyon? Neh. Get my knife ready and polished, wrap it with plastic and put it in my golden clutch purse Umma brought for my birthday last year." I paused for their response. "Neh. Kamsahamnida, I'll get her done and gone before midnight tomorrow. Annyon." 

 

  Well... Let's just say something reaaalllll spooky and deadly's about to happen. Anyone scared? (; Hehee, anyways. As always, the more then comments, the more the subscribers, the sooner the next update will be. HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!! 'Till next time, ANNYYOONNNN!! ^.^