A... Pre-proposal?

In Love with My Nerdy Oppa

I stood. Speechless. The moment I thought everything would be fine, that I would finally get my happy ending. Surprise there, my unnie just got down on her knees over my man. I stared, mind going blank. What would I say? 'Oh, yeah, by the way I love him too , so back off'? Or, should I say 'HAHA! I thought I actually liked HIM?! No way, you go get him gurll!'. Yea, I don't think so.

 

Why?" I managed to choke out. "You... You really like him that much?" I ushered over to her, trying to help her up. But she remained motionless. I in a sharp breath, looking into her eyes, emotions hidden. I was mad. Mad at myself for not able to stand up for the guy of my dreams. I was frustrated, frustrated that Kikwang wasn't here to help me. That no one was here. And most of all, I was never the less happy. Happy, that the man another woman was fighting for, belonged to me. "Please, Unnie. I-I don't know what to say now, I-"

 

I won't get up. For as long as you reject my offer." I felt my jaw drop, frowning upon what I just heard. This, was friggin rediculous. "I know, I sound extremly selfish right now." I bit hard on the side of my cheek to keep from spitting out the words 'You think?' at her. "But I really, really truly extremely love him. If you don't mind me saying... Much more than you do, and than you think."

 

I knelt down to her level. Uncertainty was in her eyes. Sorrow. "I'm sorry.." I whispered. I slowly stood up, turning away to meet Kikwang, as I heard her slightly gasp that I was actually leaving her there, kneeling down. Sobs. Desperate sobs echoed in the empty hallway. Yet I knew that all I could do was walk away and continue on with my life, unless I wanted to watch as my man got snatched away from my hands. No way.

 

WAITT!!" I stopped in my tracks, turning my head lightly, to look at the older, kneeling. "If you don't agree... Fine." A pause. "But you will regret it. Because I swear on my damned life, sooner or later........ SOONER OR LATER!! Kikwang, will return to me..." I clentched up my fists, and ran out of the building. Tears were welling up in my eyes, yet I let it draw back. No crying. No crying, In-ah... Be strong...

 

Oh- Yeobo! You-" Kikwang stopped dead in his tracks. He slowly walked over, raising his right hand, lightly caressing my cheek. "You look sad... Are you ok? And uh.... Sorry... If you don't want me calling you Yeobo just yet, I'll..."

 

No." I smiled. I held onto his right hand. "I like it..." In need of attention and love, I held onto his arm, as we began strolling, we began heading over to the nearby park. My heart was fluttering. I felt happy and relieved that we were together now. But... Officially? I'm not sure yet. He hadn't really confessed or anything... But... Oh whatever. I smiled once again, my bottom lip slightly sticking out in a pout. "Yah. Lee Kikwang." He looked down, his dreamy eyesmile melting my heart once again. "Explain to me, EXCACTLY what happened between you and BEAST."

 

The entire way to the park, he told me how he got dragged out, how they explained to him -Junhyung excluded, obviously- how much they admired his outgoing, kind personality. And, how much he surprisingly enjoyed his makeover. I noticed that he was instead wearing contacts now.

 

Kwangie-ah... But, you do realize BEAST includes dancing, singing, performing and such. Not just good looking -Which you are absoloutely wayy beyond expectations. In my opinion, Lee Kikwang is the hottest no matter what." I giggled.

 

He pinched my nose playfully. "Don't worry, how did you think these muscles got here, eh?" he winked. I gasped. He... He danced?! "Yeaupp. I took private dance lessons until the previous day." he lifted his leg, shyly. "Ankle injury..."

 

I puffed out my cheeks. "Mien... Oppa..."

 

Kikwang widened his eyes. "O-Oppa...?" I nodded slowly. He cleared his throat, cheeks obviously heating up now. I couldn't help but hide a giggle. "In-ah, do you... Want an icecream?" he glanced at the icecream parlor nervously.

 

Neh, Oppa!" I laughed, pulling on his hand. But he quickly put us to a halt.

 

U-Uh... Actually. I heard there was free cotton candy near the stadium today. Ah, RIGHT!!" He chuckled, pushing me a bit. "Free cotton candy, er... Get one for me too, kay, In-ah? Thanks, bye! I meet you right here!" he quickly pushed me to a little girl. I was confused. Huh..? "AH, donsaengie. Do you mind taking this unnie for a stroll in the park? In-ah, this is Kisung, my little sister, Kisung, this is In-ah. Key have fun guys!"

 

Without hesitantion, the little girl, named Kisung I think, pulled on my hand, her pony tail bouncing uo and down as she smiled up at me. I smiled back, leaning down so I was at her eye level. "Kisung-ah, how old are you?"

 

I'm 9 this year. And unnie, you are 19, height 167, favourite colour baby blue, neh?" she beamed, as she pulled me along.

 

U-Uh..." I nodded awkwardly. How did Kikwang's little sister know so much about my personal details? Especially the colour and height thing. Unless... She could read minds?

 

She giggled. "Oppa told me ALLLL about you. Infact, he started bragging about you ever since I was 3." she rolled her eyes. "If I wasn't so sure, I'd would have thought he was some crazy fanboy stalking a pretty celebrity unnie."

 

I blinked, hard. Kikwang liked me ever since we met in SM Middle School?! I felt my cheeks heat up. I quickly changed the subject. "So Kisung-ah, where's the free cotton candy that your Oppa wanted?"

 

She stopped in her tracks, looking up with curious, lost eyes. "What free cotton candy? The ajusshi who sold them never gave anything out free... Cheapo.." she muttered under her breath. I nodded, rasing my eyebrows in confusion. Okayy... This was getting just a TINY bit freaky. After a long, long walk, we were finally back, where Kikwang was chatting with the girl who was busy scooping up the icecream. Oh damn this... Was he hitting on another girl on the first day of our relationship?! I quickly went over, purposely looping my arm around his.

 

Kwangie Opppaaa!!" I pouted. "Where's my icecream? Hm?"

 

Kikwang looked nervously at the girl, who just winked and nodded. Huh. I think we would be having a little... Chat, later. Lee Kikwang, you- "HERE!" he grinned, holding up the icecream in my face. Took him... 17 minutes and 5 seconds for an icecream? Yes, I was counting. I bit into it, savouring the vanilla cream, tingly on my tastebuds.

 

How is it?" he asked nervoulsy, as if something was about to- OUCH. I winced, as I felt myself bite on something hard. I quickly stuck my finger in the icecream, until I pulled out something shiny, round... A... RING?!

 

As I felt myself gasp, eyes litterally threatening to pop out, Kikwang got onto one knee. "Jung In-soo, will you be my girlfriend?"