Chapter 6

TATTOO

 

That night you couldn’t sleep well since every time you fell asleep, the nightmare came and it made you couldn’t sleep in peace. You lacked of sleep that morning but you decided to go to school anyway. You’re planning to just sleep on the first lesson.

“Hey.” L greeted you. You smiled weakly and just nodded.

“What happened? Are you sick?” L asked you and he put his hand on your forehead but there’s no sign of fever.

“Nah, just lack of sleep. I couldn’t sleep well last night.” You muttered and you laid down your head on the table in hoping that you could sleep well.

But again, the same nightmare came. Those loan sharks. You were being chased. The familiar car you drove. The commotion. The yelling and shouting. You were shivering. L who saw you shivering on your sleep nudged you slowly.

“Yah.. are you alright?” L nudged your body softly so that the teacher won’t hear you two.

You woke up startled and the first thing you saw was L’s face who looked worried. Instantly you hugged him and cried soundlessly on his chest. He was bewildered by your sudden action. Thankfully, the teacher was busy reading the book out loud without even paying attention to the student.

L patted your back softly. But then you realized what were you doing, you quickly pulled out yourself from his embrace and wiped off the tears on your face and ducked your head above your hand on the table and completely ignored him.

‘Whoah, what was that?’ L blinked his eyes several times trying to digest what was going on just now.

 

The bell rang indicated the time for lunch. You got up and swiftly got out of the classroom and headed to the bleachers without even bothered to grab a tray of food. You lied down on the bleachers with one arm above your eyes. Then you felt someone’s presence beside you. You put your arms away from your eyes to got a peek, and you saw L sat beside you leaning with the support of both his arms with both eyes were closed.

“L?” You called him. Slowly, he opened his eyes and he leaned closer until his face was right above your face. You were flustered and trying to avoid his gaze.

“So, what was that all about? You owe me two explanations now.” L spoke softly to you and his gaze kept fixed on your face. You’re afraid that he would see that you’re blushing. You got up abruptly and combed your hair with your fingers.

“The nightmares kept coming back. I used to have it after the accident for two months straight but then somehow the nightmares are no longer haunting me and that’s when I decided to return to the school. And remember yesterday I saw those loan sharks, the nightmares came back.” You muttered.

“Accident? What accident? And, seriously, what’s with you and the loan sharks?” L asked you, he demanded an explanation, you could tell though from his tone.

“So, my friend as I’ve told you before who borrowed the money from the loan sharks, is actually not really the one who borrowed the money, more like my friend’s parent who borrowed it and my friend’s parent left without paying the debts and that’s why the loan sharks were after my friend. I was with my friend and that’s when the loan sharks were chasing after us. I was driving and it happened so fast.” You’re on the verge of tears already. L scooted over to get closer to you and he softly patted your back.

 

FLASHBACK;

“Yah! Step on it! They’re right behind us!” Your friend yelled as your friend kept looking behind the car. You stepped on the pedal even more, trying to make them off the trail. But those loan sharks were really fast and one of them even kept bumping to your car from behind.

Then one of the loan shark’s car speed up and they were already beside you and kept bumping with your car and then they stepped the gas even more and somehow their car was ahead of yours and then they abruptly turned their stir wheel and made their car blocked your car.

You couldn’t avoid it since it’s pretty sudden and both of the cars were in a high speed. Unavoidable, your car crashed pretty badly to the loan shark’s car.

Few seconds seems like few hours to you who were inside the car and banged pretty badly to the loan shark’s car that even made your car jumped up and rolled up in the air and crashed to the ground. You panicky glanced toward your friend and you saw your friend was unconscious already.

You could hear sirens and you’re telling to yourself to stay awake and you could see those loan sharks ran away as the police cars are approaching but you couldn’t help it and everything went black.

 

“And when I regained conscious, I was at the hospital already. The first thing that came to my mind was where is my friend. But then, the doctor told me that my friend didn’t make it and passed away. I couldn’t believe it. I kept screaming and yelling at the hospital until they put me to sleep.” You turned your head to see L’s reaction and he was a bit taken aback by your story. You could tell there were many emotions through his mind right now.

“Wow… Then? That’s why you didn’t come to school for two months straight?” L asked you and he kept patting your back softly.

You nodded. “Yeap, some of my friend’s friend are even blame me as the caused of the death. That’s why I put this tattoo, ‘Only God Can Judge Me’. Because I think they didn’t have any right to judge me, as they didn’t know the whole story, right. That’s why I changed my attitude. I’m scared people will somehow heard about it and they would blame me and judged me you know. That’s why I tried to distant from people and I couldn’t deny that I’m still blaming myself for my friend’s death.”

“You know, it’s not your fault. You didn’t know that the loan shark’s car would blocked your way like that. Don’t blame yourself. It’s not your fault. Ad yeah, only God can judge you. Just ignore them.” L muttered softly.

“That friend of mine was my best friend. And I was with my best friend and I’m the one who caused the death. But I tried to let it go nowadays, but it’s really hard especially after yesterday I saw those loan sharks again.” You sobbed soundlessly. L swiftly pulled you into his embrace.

“Don’t worry. Take it slow. You can let it go, I’m sure. And by the way, this best friend of yours, is a girl or boy?”

“It’s a girl. That’s why, I feel even more guilty.” You told him.

“It’s okay. She will be sad if you kept on dwelling with the past and blaming yourself like this. She surely wants you to be happy.” L spoke softly to your ear. You just nodded.

“I’ll try. Thanks anyway, and I hope you didn’t tell anyone about this. Only you who knew this.” You offered him your pinky finger to him and he linked his pinky finger with yours and made a promised that he won’t tell a single soul about this.

“And if those loan sharks came, I’ll protect you. Don’t worry.” You blushed at his last remark and you just nodded shyly.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update! I just got caught up with moving my stuffs to the new house. Yes, I moved in to a new house ;D
and there's no internet connection at my new house, and now I'm at a restaurant LOL


Finally, told you the reason of her tattoo and some of her past :)
Stay tuned for more shocking twists ;)
And sorry for the grammar fails :3 not really good with grammars OTL

@hyeminmints: there you go the reason ;) thanks for commenting and keep commenting! :*

@screamingaegyo: yeah you know the typical italic font for tattoo words ;;) keep commenting my number one loyal reader :* :*

@minieStar: yes he isssss <3 >< keep commenting :*

@sparklyprincess1308: hihi thank youuuuu stick around to my story :3 keep commenting :*

@thewolvesarecoming: so sorry for the grammar errors :( :( glad you enjoy it :) keep commenting :*

@_DNA_Fact_pACT: hmm soon! hehehe :3 keep commenting :*

@ShinSooAh: aww thank you so much :') glad you liked it! keep commenting :*

@lovekpop_shan: hello new reader! stick around to my story ;) thanks for commenting and keep commenting :*

@blockBteentop: thank youuuu! Stick around, aight? Keep commenting :*

@kpopfreak2010: hey new reader! stick around, ok? ;) thank you sooooo much :* keep commenting :*

@dindaAS: tee-hee yes :3 hope you like it :) keep commenting :*

 

READ. LOVE. COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE. ENJOY. TELL YOUR FRIENDS
THANKS FOR READING
NO SILENT READERS PLEASE :)
ME LOVE YOU