16

TATTOO

 

“L was a new student just like you, several weeks before you. As you probably heard already that I’ve been missing for like 2 months or so. When I came back, I did change and somehow people didn’t like it and started to judge me with many things. They said I killed someone, I joined a gang because of the tattoo and how cold and how distant I am. But when L came, he ignored those rumors and kept made effort to be my friend and finally he broke through it and we somehow became close. Even people not spreading any rumors anymore since I’m close with L because they almost saw me like the old me. But then something happened, and I avoided L ever since then.” You explained to Zico who’s listening intently.

“So, what happened at that time? You know you can talk to me. To make you feel better and relieve your burden.” Zico said. You flashed him a smile and somehow he did it, assured you to trust him and so you trust him.

“I didn’t come to school for 2 months because I lost my best friend. She passed away in a car accident. I was driving at that time; she sat on the passanger seat. Loan sharks were chasing us. Minyoung’s parent left her with the debts and the loan sharks chased her; demand her to pay them off. And the loan sharks suddenly were in front of our car already and the hit was unavoidable. She died and I’m not. I kept blaming myself and that’s why I changed and I got tattoos. And apparently, Minyoung is L’s girlfriend. Pathetic, isn’t it?” You smiled bitterly while clenching your hand.

Zico patted your back. “So, you love L, huh?” Zico asked you.

“Love? Love is a strong word. I like him, yes. But, love? Not sure.” You glanced at him.

“You shouldn’t avoid him though. I mean it’s the past, right? You gotta move on. Never look at what you have lost. Always look at what is left with you. For example, me.” He winked at you. You chuckled at it.

“Wow, did I just hear this kind of words from a gangster?” You .

“Hey, I have a soft spot too, you know!” Zico snapped at you.

“Thank you.” You mumbled. He just smiled warmly at you.

“Anyway, I still got one wish for you to granted.” He broke the silence. You groaned.

“You remembered? I thought you forgot already!” You groaned again and he just smirked.

“I’m not wishing for something hard. I just want you to call me Jiho and always come to me if you’re having a hard time. You can rely on me and count on me.” Zico said softly. You softened at his sudden changed tone.

“Jiho?”

“Woo Jiho is my real name. You should be proud. You’re the first girl who called me by my real name. Wait, third I guess. First is my mom and second is my grandma.” He giggled.

“Okay, I will. Thank you so much. And for my wish..”

“You remembered too? I thought you forgot!” He groaned now. You just chuckled.

“Piggyback me later when we got off from the bus. Piggyback me until my house.” You winked. He stared at you in disbelief.

“Are you freaking serious? You’re killing me!” Zico yelled.

“Gosh! It’s not like I’m 100kg you silly! I love piggyback rides, please please please.” You begged him. He let out a sigh and agreed eventually.

 

You got off from the bus with a big grin on your face while Zico just rolled his eyes and reluctantly he kneeled down in front of you with his back facing you. You leaned down and linked your arms around his neck.

You snuggled more into Zico’s broad back.

“Enjoying my back too much, huh?” Zico asked. You just giggled and mumbled yes to him.

“Watch out, you’ll get addicted to my back.” Zico teased you. You slightly hit his arm.

“You wish!”

Then Zico made a sudden movement pretending that he’s going to drop you. “Yah!” You yelled as you hug his neck tighter.

“Hey! Are you trying to kill me by strangling me to death?” Zico snapped at you.

“Your fault that wanted to drop me first!” You pouted. Zico again just chuckled at it.

 

Both of you then arrived in front of your house. Zico kneeled down; you got off from his back then.

“You know, you should eat more.” Zico suddenly said to you.

“Eh? Why?” You asked him.

“You’re too light and seemed fragile.” Zico rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. You smiled warmly at him.

“Thanks.” You beamed happily at him. You bid goodbye then went inside your house.

 

‘One more friend. It’s getting better.’ You thought to yourself as Zico and L kept popped into your mind, which caused you smiled widely.