Does that make him a hero?

Seohyun and her new love

~1 Week Later~

Kyoeun POV

Today is the day that I’m finally getting out of hospital. I’m actually pretty excited to see Seohyun outside of this tiny room. I actually hate this room so much. I don’t ever want to end up in the hospital again, but with my morals, I’ll probably do something that will make me end up here again. Well, I wouldn’t really mind it if I was protecting someone, but that’s it. I had nowhere to go once I got out, so I just wonder for a bit. I needed some real food for once, because all I’ve had for a week is ty hospital food.

Why are there never any good restaurants near hospitals?

This was seriously starting to bug me. I just walking down the sidewalk, until I heard someone getting beat up in the alley, but what appears to be 3 guys. Why is it always me that stumbles upon like this? I just kept walking, but I didn’t get far. I pulled my hood up over my face, and went back to that alley.

Hey! Leave him alone.

How about you , hero.

You know I can’t just do that.

The 2 men that didn’t speak then charged at me. The one slightly ahead of the other went for a clothesline. Big mistake. I grabbed his arm and used his momentum to swing myself around him and get him in a headlock. The other guy got a solid hook in, which caused me to break the headlock. They both began swinging their fists, which made my job easy.

After taking them down, I turned towards the guy that actually spoke. He was still standing by the guy they were beating up, who was on the floor. He looked pissed.

Now it’s one on one, your move .

I got a gun, and that means I win .

.

He pulled his trigger, but he was out of ammo. He knew that he was ed.

.

Have fun.

As he was reloading, I did a spinning roundhouse kick which knocked him down. The guy that got attacked got up shortly after that.

“Thank you for saving me.”

Just be careful from now on.

I turned and walked away, not caring what he had to say after that. I would have done some parkour, but there was nothing to climb on. I didn’t take my hood off until I was roughly a block away.

Wow, that felt good.

It really did feel good helping someone. I really should start doing it more.

Seohyun POV

I don’t know where I want to meet Kyoeun today once he’s out. He didn’t tell me when he’s getting out, so I’ll have to find out myself. I didn’t want to call him, because Taeyeon doesn’t know about him, and she gets suspicious when I call people she doesn’t know about. I guess that’s just her acting like a mum, and I don’t really mind it. So I guess a text would be better this morning, because no one has left for their schedules yet.

Kyoeun-ah, what time are you getting out?

I didn’t get a reply. I didn’t get a text back for hours. Why wouldn’t he reply? He replies almost instantly the rest of the time. Maybe his phone is just dead. That’s what I wanted to keep telling myself, because that’s the only logical explanation I could find. The following did appear on my phone at 3:00pm the next day.

Meet me at the café we had lunch at the first day we met, in 1 hour.

See you there.

I don’t know what this is supposed to mean. He doesn’t text me back for almost 2 days, and now he wants to meet me. I’m so confused, I really am. I did need to tell Yuri though.

Yuri-ah, in a little bit, I’ll be going out for a bit.

Why?

I’m going to meet Kyoeun-ah at the café we had lunch at.

Weren’t you supposed to hangout yesterday?

I think so, but he never got back to me.

Well you better get ready if you’re leaving soon.

I was already going to.

I got ready, got some glasses, and got a bottle of water out of the fridge. I headed to the door, but hesitated leaving. I wanted to see him, but I don’t know what he’d say. I don’t know if he’s avoiding me or not. I needed to find out. It did take me about 5 minutes to make up my mind.

Bye everyone. I’ll be back later.

I didn’t wait for a reply, I just walked out the door. I was nervous for the full walk to the café. I got to the café, and I couldn’t see Kyoeun anywhere. Where was he? But I got a text from him a moment later.

Side alleyway.

Great. Directions. I followed what he said. I saw hooded figure on the 4th level fire escape on the apartment building next door. I don’t know if it was him.

Kyoeun-ah?

He didn’t say anything. He just climbed down, and jumped down to the ground. How isn’t he hurt from that? That’s a big drop.

Kyoeun-ah, is that you?

Yes.

He then pulled the hood off that was covering his face.

Sorry that I didn’t call you yesterday. I was busy trying to create an identity concealer.

Why the hell would you want to create one of those?

Because I want to help people, without people knowing that I did it, and to protect people I care about.

What are you saying?

I want to become a vigilante. I saved someone yesterday from a couple of ers, and it felt good saving him.

You don’t need to be a hero to get that feeling.

I know what you’re saying, but it isn’t gonna help. I’m going to take down that gang called the ‘The Clique’. And I won’t stop until I’ve taken them down, or I die.”

Please don’t do that. I don’t want to lose you.

I’ll be fine Seohyun-ah.

No you won’t.

This sounded ridiculous. It is true though, I don’t want to lose him. I hugged him tight, like I wouldn’t let go. I didn’t want him to do this, but it’s gonna be hard to change his mind.

Seohyun-ah. Why are you hugging me?

I don’t really know. I just don’t want you to die.

I’m not gonna die. I’ve got help.

From who?

No one. But I’ve got this tech that can mess up electronics, and gives me different kinds of vision. Like night vision and thermal vision.

How the hell can you do that?

An old friend of mine made these special contact lenses that are connected to a device in my ear that can ‘read my thoughts’. It also has a built in mic that I can talk to others with.

That’s ridiculous.

Let’s go out for dinner tonight, and I’ll prove to you.

Ok. But how are we gonna do dinner?

We’ll just go to a nice restaurant, and then a walk later. I’ll be able to use my stuff on shops and people as we walk past.

That sounds like it will be funny. Yeah, I’d like that.”

Do you want anyone else to join us?

Nah, I just think we should go together.

Alright. I’ll call you at 6. I gotta go do something first. I got a tip for a drug deal.

Please be careful.

Of course I will.

He then gave me a hug, and kissed me on the cheek before disappearing. I’ve got this feeling in my chest that I’ve never felt before. It feels amazing. Is this what love feels like?

Is this a date?

I left to return home. I wanted to have a shower to freshen up before tonight.

Kyoeun POV

I think that tonight is the first date with Seohyun. I’m not gonna this up, but I got to focus on stopping this drug deal. I hope that there will be something there to burn the drugs, because I forgot my lighter and small container of fuel.

It didn’t take too long to get there, as I was traveling by rooftop. The drug deal did seem to be in the underground level of a parking garage, according to my sources. So I go in, and find where the drug deal is happening. I get close, then turn off all the lights, so that it’s pitch black. They were all confused, and my activated night vision.

“What the is that?”

Just get out of here.

I know that voice. It’s the guy from earlier. I just jumped them all, stole the drugs, and stuck them in the fuel tank of one of their cars. That would defiantly up their car, and ruin their drugs. And then I got out of there without anyone knowing I was there. I could hear most of them on the ground in pain, and the rest were confused as to what happened.

I’ve done well. Now I gotta go get ready for dinner with Seohyun. I don’t have many nice clothes, but I’ll definitely look my best.

______________________________

I hope you guys don't mind that this is a little bit longer than normal.