Sweet Torture

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV 

 

 

As soon as I saw the proof that Jiyong and I are officially married, my heart still could not help but to feel happy about it even though I know that this is only temporary. 

 

My heart was truly simply a masochist. 

 

"Let's celebrate." 

 

I blinked my eyes upon hearing his voice then casually slid the certificate in my bag and looked at him with frown. Acting like my heart isn't rejoicing. "What for?" 

 

He pout. "You're so mean. Is it really bad that you married me?" 

 

My chest pound hard then smiled sheepishly when I realized that somehow, I was wrong asking that. "Not sure though." 

 

He grinned then wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Then I'll show you that this marriage will be somewhat fun." 

 

I elbowed him. "May I remind you that this is only temporary and nothing should change as agreed." 

 

He became silent for a while so I looked up at him then he suddenly pinched my nose. "Let's go. I'm hungry." He said instead. 

 

I only sigh. After we eat, he pulled me inside of a jewelry store. "Is this really necessary?" 

 

"Of course. We need to be prepared because that attorney will surely ask a lot of things." 

 

"But these…" I pointed the glass cabinet of wedding rings. "Will cost you money." 

 

He chuckled. "I had lots of money." Then he grinned as I groan. "Dara, stop over thinking about this marriage. Just…" He inhale deeply. "Trust me, okay?" 

 

I stared with pounding chest at him until I found myself nodding. "Fine." Then I roam my eyes around and acted nonchalantly. 

 

"Choose now." 

 

I got startled then looked at him. "What?" 

 

He grinned. "It will be your ring so choose according to your preference." 

 

My chest go back in pounding hard. "What about you?" 

 

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'll be fine with whatever your choice." 

 

"It's your money." 

 

"I don't mind." And before I knew it, he already grasped my shoulders and gestured me to look in the rings. "Choose now." 

 

I inhale deeply then try to calm my bursting chest as I stared into different wedding rings. His body against my back is giving me too much feels as well. "These are all expensive, I don't know what to choose." 

 

"Just ignore the price and only look at the design." 

 

I inhale deeply again then carefully check each ring until something caught my eyes. "This one." I said while pointing my finger on it. It's an infinity ring with diamond in the middle. 

 

"Alright." Then he called one of the staffs. In few minutes, the woman gave it to him. "Let's see if this will fit you." My heart thumped wildly as he grasped my hand and when he slowly inserted the ring into my finger, I don't know why I suddenly feel wanting to cry. "It fits." He said in a low voice and as we lifted our heads, our eyes meet then everything went in slow motion while I could hear my beating heart and when he flashed his gummy smile, I blinked my eyes then not focused myself on the emotions he is giving me. "It seems this was made for you." 

 

I snorted. "How I wish. Anyway, buy it now. I am hungry already." 

 

He only chuckled. After he bought two rings, we went to the nearest restaurant which serves Japanese cuisines then while waiting for our food, I excused myself and went to the bathroom. 

 

Dara... I tapped my both cheeks while looking at the mirror. Don't get too involved in this arrangement. This is only temporary. Always remember that. He only sees you as his good friend. His best friend. Don't ever forget about that. Good thing no one is around otherwise I would definitely look crazy as I am talking to myself. Literally. 

 

When I went back to our table, the food is being served already. "You're just in time." 

 

I smiled sheepishly then smell each food like a dog. "These are heaven." 

 

He laugh. "Let's eat." 

 

"Itadakimasu!" 

 

While we eat, we talked about some random things until someone went to our table and I got startled to see who it is. "Sandara, it's nice to see you again." 

 

I smiled awkwardly at Dongwon then hoped that he won't spill any information about why we really knew each other. "How are you doing?" 

 

"Good so far. Thank you for asking." When he looked at Jiyong, they shake hands. "I am already looking forward on the upcoming renovation." 

 

"We will never disappoint you." 

 

"Glad to know that." Then he looked at me and smiled. "Still not changing your decision?" 

 

I scrunched my nose. "Yes and it will never be." Then scream in my head: Go away now!  

 

He only chuckled then excused himself. After he left, I realized that having someone to know your secret was not really a good thing. That secret was in danger to be revealed in any moment.  

 

"You two seem very close." 

 

I looked at Jiyong then snorted. "We are not even friends. That man was just really persist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter