Preparation

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV 

 

 

Am I really ready to go back now? Then I sigh when no definite answer came out of my mind. Again. Well, I've been dealing with this question since I called Bom and I am still nervous what might happen once I came back. But going back is the only way to find a closure to this feeling for Jiyong.  

 

"Backing out now?" 

 

I pout at Woo. He is currently driving me to Bom's apartment and Auntie and Uncle are also waiting for me. "You're no help." 

 

He chuckled. "I was just trying to lessen your nervousness." 

 

I groan. "I am not really that nervous. I was just somehow embarrassed I guess." 

 

He grinned. "You'll be fine. Based on your stories about your relatives, I'm pretty sure that they were not that judgmental. They probably just missed you and worried about you." 

 

I stopped for a moment then found myself smiling. "They were always there for me." 

 

He smiled as well. "See? So just hug them and apologize." 

 

I only nodded. Later on, we reached Bom's apartment. "Now I am nervous." 

 

He laugh softly. "You are here now. It's time to face the reality." 

 

Right. I just sigh inwardly. As I pressed the door bell, my heart is keep on pounding hard and it doubled when the door opens then I saw Bom together with Seunghyun. He smiled while her face brightens upon seeing me. "Dara!" Then she hugged me. "I missed you, ." 

 

I bite my lower lip then hugged her back. "I missed you too." When we released each other, we both laugh as we noticed our teary eyes then I gestured Woo. "This is Woo by the way." 

 

Bom offered her hand. "Thank you for saving this ." 

 

He smirked as they shake hands. "You're welcome." 

 

Then we entered her apartment and her parents hugged me. Too tight actually. "Glad you are back, Tokki. Don't do this kind of stunt again, okay?" 

 

I nodded at Auntie then I sniffed. "I'm sorry." 

 

She cupped my face. "It's okay." Then her face softens. "What matters now is that you are here again." 

 

When I looked at Uncle, he just smiled in understanding then he shakes hand with Woo. "Thank you for keeping our Dara safe." 

 

Woo smiled at him. "You're welcome, Sir. I just did what's right." As he looked on me, I smiled gratefully to him. He shakes my hair. "Dara already thanked me enough anyway." 

 

"I hope you don't mind this but…" He looked at Bom. "Are you still single?" 

 

I silently groan. She still really didn't know how to shut . 

 

"Yeah. Why?" 

 

She smiled innocently. "Just curious." 

 

I only snorted. After a while, Woo bid goodbye to us. "Since you are in the city every weekday, I'll just contact you and please also tell your parents that I'll visit them soon." 

 

He smiled then tapped my top head. "Will do." 

 

I smiled back. "Thank you again." As he left, I frowned at Bom. "What?" 

 

She grinned. "He is single and handsome." When I arched an eyebrow, her grin grew wider. "Why don't you try going out with him?" 

 

I rolled my eyes. "He already liked someone." 

 

"Seriously?" 

 

I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. "That's what he said." 

 

"Tokki…" I looked to Auntie. "Your birthday is coming already, any plan to have celebration?" 

 

When I shake my head, disappointment shows on their faces. Well, except Seunghyun. He was just observing for the whole time. "I don't have yet any plans on my birthday. I honestly never thought about it because I had one major reason why I finally showed up…" Then I inhale deeply. "I am going to talk to Jiyong." 

 

Silence filled Bom's apartment until Uncle cleared his throat while Auntie blinked her eyes. They all obviously got surprised. Well, except Seunghyun again. Now I wonder what's going on with his mind. "Alright. Then let's just plan once you are okay." 

 

I smiled to Auntie. "Yes, thank you for your understanding." 

 

She smiled then caressed my arm. "You're always welcome, Tokki. Well, we'll go ahead now." She kissed my cheek. "We are just always here." 

 

I smiled again then hugged her and Uncle. "Take care." 

 

After they left, Bom crossed her arms and stared seriously at me. "You're really ready to face Jiyong?" 

 

I smiled sheepishly. "Nope but seeing him and telling him everything is the only way so I could totally move on." 

 

"I don't think it'll happen." 

 

My chest pound hard upon hearing what Seunghyun said and I silently cursed when I felt my heart jumped like he said something good. Don't hope, Dara. Don't. Jiyong only felt bad because I am his best friend. He will be naturally worried about me. Nothing more, nothing less.  "What do you mean?" 

 

He smirked. "You'll know once you get a chance to talk to him." 

 

I snorted. He is being mysterious again. "Anyway, I'll also leave now." 

 

Bom gaped. "At this hour?" 

 

I frowned. "Yeah, what's wrong?" Then I checked the time. "Oasis just opened two hours ago." 

 

She groan. "It's not that. What if you got into another accident?" 

 

I rolled my eyes. "That is not going to happen. Don't be so paranoid. I'll take a cab, okay?" 

 

"No! Seunghyun will drive you there while I am going to clean everything here." 

 

I sigh. "Fine." 

 

Few minutes passed, I ride Seunghyun's car. "So you're going to talk to Ji tomorrow?" He asked while driving. 

 

I nodded. "How's he doing lately?" 

 

"He became messier since Bom told him your feelings for him." My heart pang in guilt. I learned from her that she told it to him when he celebrated his birthday with them. And that's few months ago already. Geez. "But despite that, he still did not give up on waiting and looking for you." 

 

I bite my lower lip. "So you didn't tell him yet about my return." 

 

He chuckled. "Of course. I promised it to Bom in exchange of telling me what's bothering her. Or rather what she's keeping from me." 

 

I laugh. "She really didn't know how to act." 

 

He laugh as well. "It's not the case, I j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter