Realization

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's POV 

 

 

Two months already passed since Dara became my wife and everything remain the same. Nothing truly changed and that irritates the hell out of me. We sometimes don't see each other because of her different working hours. It's like she just really stays to my house for sleepover. She even changed her work schedule as since Oasis' peak time is every weekend, she is working so she is going to her house every Monday and Tuesday instead and that only lessen my chance to see her, to talk to her. Damn. I thought that having her in my house will bring back the closeness we used to have. But it seems it will not be the case. 

 

"So what's really your problem? That's the agreed deal between the two of you and you were  the one who suggested it in the first place." 

 

I drink straight the alcohol in my glass upon hearing Seunghyun's voice. I summoned him to my house tonight to finally voice out my frustration that I've been holding. "I know but I don't understand her actions anymore. She confused me so much." 

 

He chuckled then drink as well. "Dara has her reasons." 

 

My face darkens. "And what the is that?" He shakes his head in disbelief then was about to get my glass but I snapped his hand. "What are you doing?" 

 

"You're drunk already." 

 

I hiccupped. "Not yet. I am still perfectly sober." 

 

"Dara will be here in few hours. Start cleaning your mess." 

 

I snorted. "She won't give a damn about it. She'll probably go straight to her room and sleep because tomorrow, she'll go to her own house." 

 

He rolled his eyes. "You're pathetic. Stop having self-pity party." Then he stands up. "Bommie is texting me already. Gotta go." 

 

"You're so mean, Hyung. Before Bom entered the picture, it's only me and you. Don't you remember?" 

 

He laugh. "Bastard." 

 

When he left, I only groan because I suddenly feel lonely. Darn it. Then I got startled as my phone rings and my chest start to pound hard upon seeing Dara's name on the screen. I grumbled before answering it. "What?" I said in grumpy tone. 

 

Few seconds of silence filled the line so I thought the call got cut off so I checked my phone but she's still on the line. She probably run into her office room because I hear some noises earlier but now, it's gone. "Seunghyun called me… are you okay?" 

 

I found myself snorting. "Of course." 

 

She sigh. "What's your problem?" 

 

I gritted my teeth as I honestly don't know now what to feel. "Nothing." 

 

She sigh again. "Jiyong, don't be so childish." 

 

"I am not!" 

 

"Then tell me what's going on with you. Seunghyun told me that you don't want to stop drinking but he didn't elaborate the reason. Is this because of Sohee again?" 

 

Despite my drunkenness, I felt her voice somehow cracked upon asking that so I inhale deeply and try to clear my head. Because no matter how she frustrates me, making her sad is a big no for me. I already taken her for granted before and I don't want to do it again. Whether it's unintentionally or not. "Sohee has nothing to do with this." 

 

"So why you're drinking?" 

 

"I am just frustrated." 

 

"With what?" 

 

I cleared my throat. "To myself." I found myself saying. 

 

"Why? What happened?" 

 

I groan. "Don't worry about it." 

 

She sigh once more. "Fine. Need to go back to work now. Don't drink too much, okay?" And before I could even respond, she already ended the call. 

 

I just sigh then start to clean my mess. When I am done, I quickly took a bath and lay down to my bed then stared blankly at the ceiling. According to Seunghyun, Dara has her reasons why she was acting like that. Is he just being observant? Or did she tell him something? If that's the case, why isn't she telling it to me? Didn't she trust me enough now? Because of what I did before? . When no concrete answers came out, I exhaled heavily then forced myself to sleep.  

 

As I woke up, I lazily get up and when I reached downstairs, my chest pound hard to see Dara at the kitchen then my chest pound harder when she turned around and smiled. Is she just an apparition? "Morning." 

 

I blinked my eyes then cleared my throat. . She's really here. "Morning." I casually seated though my heart is rumbling. "Why you're still here?" 

 

She chuckled. "You're throwing tantrums, do you think I can leave?" 

 

I groan. "It's just the effect of the alcohol." 

 

She rolled her eyes. "Let's have our breakfast now." 

 

I only nodded. As we eat, I felt some awkwardness. I don't know if it's because I feel ashamed on everything I said and did last night or because of something else. 

 

"So no hangover?" 

 

I lifted my head to look at her then shake my head. "I immediately stopped drinking after we talked." 

 

When she smiled, my chest goes back in pounding. What the hell. "That's good then." 

 

"So you're still going to your house?" 

 

When she shakes her head, I rejoiced deep within. "I was supposed to leave after talking to you but not anymore. Hae called a while ago, there will be a high school reunion tonight so I am going to attend." 

 

That instantly kills my mood. "Why it's so sudden?" 

 

She inhale deeply. "Apparently, some virus infected his phone and the contacts were mainly affected. It was only restored yesterday and he was just able to call me this morning." 

 

"What time is it?" 

 

"Good thing it's in the evening, I could still get some sleep."  

 

"Don't you dare to drink." 

 

She snorted. "You know that I don't really drink." 

 

"Yeah but it's a reunion and whether you like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter