Choice

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV 

 

 

Say no, Dara. Say no. 

 

For the past days, this has been my mantra as I don't want my heart to win. I can't let Jiyong to further hurt me unintentionally. This is my problem that I need to overcome and agreeing with him will only worsen everything. I don't want our friendship to be ruined just because of this stupid heart of mine. Well, I shouldn't let myself fell in love with him in the first place. Darn it. 

 

Then I inhale deeply, trying to return my focus on working. As I started to concentrate, my phone received a message from Jessie. Hey, Dara! I only wanted to inform you that the two songs you latest submitted were truly such a hit! I found myself smiling. For the past two years, I deliberately avoid reading any news or even signing up in any social media applications so this kind of information was really very heart-warming. You know DJ Goddess, right? Your songs were her current favourite. She mentioned it on her recently book signing event that even the songs have sad lyrics, it still moved her. She could feel the torn emotion of the protagonist in the lyrics. My smile grew wider. That woman was awesome. I used to tune in with her radio program Nights With Me when it was still airing because it was really informative. I even applied some of her advices but too bad, it did not work.  

 

After replying a brief thank you message to Jessie, I decided to buy DJ Goddess' book tomorrow. Maybe I'll find something valuable information that I need to apply in Jiyong's tempting offer. 

 

As the next day comes, I went to the nearest bookstore and immediately buy DJ Goddess' book. After paying, I quickly leave the bookstore and got startled to see Hae walking on the same street. "Bought something?" 

 

I smiled then nodded. "Going somewhere?" 

 

He caressed his stomach. "I'm looking for a nearby ramen house." 

 

My face brightens. "I know one! Can I join you for lunch today?" 

 

He grinned. "Of course. Lead the way then." 

 

After a while, we entered the nearest ramen house. "How are you doing by the way?" I asked him as we started to eat. 

 

He smiled. "Doing well so far. My new colleagues are being friendly and I am really glad that we are neighbours again." 

 

When I giggled, he frowned. "Well, I suddenly remembered how we fought with those bullies before from our neighbourhood." 

 

He laugh. "Unfortunately, we are no match with them." I laugh as well. "By the way, I heard from the guys in our class before that they are planning to have a reunion." 

 

I got startled. "Really?" 

 

He nodded. "It's been ten years already anyway since when we graduated from high school." 

 

I groan. "We are so old already." 

 

He chuckled. "You never age, Tokki." 

 

I raised an eyebrow. "Was that a compliment?" 

 

He grinned. "Of course." 

 

I giggled again. "Anyway, just tell me if that reunion will push through. I'll definitely go with you." 

 

He smiled once more. "Sure." 

 

Later on, we went back to each other's apartment then I started to read DJ Goddess' self published book until my chest pound hard as I reached the part of the book that is very suitable to my situation. 

 

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

 

It seems that this book is really made for me so I bite my lower lip in order not to get too emotional. 

 

Moving on from someone who does not love you the way you love that person was not something that could be done in a snap. It was never easy. Never. This maybe painful to know but there is a process. There are actually steps on how to move on but that doesn't apply to everyone. Others could move on by totally cutting ties with that person while others face it bravely.

 

Then what shall I choose? Avoid seeing Jiyong totally? Or confront him? But this is not his fault in the first place because he was not even aware about my feelings for him. I already tried to avoid him but in the end, the plan backfired on me. So I need to do the opposite? My chest pound harder as I continue to read the book until I realized that it's almost time for me to fix myself for work. I sigh then stretched my arms then closed the book. I'll just continue to read at the office. Only few pages are left anyway. 

 

As I reached Oasis, I did my usual routine with Taecyon. Checking each area. "It seems everything is okay." 

 

He nodded. "By the way, I am curious on something." When I frowned, he chuckled. "I did not see the man you brought here before." 

 

"Hoon?" He nodded. "He is currently overseas." 

 

"I see. How about Jiyong?" My chest automatically thumped fast upon hearing his name. "Haven't seen him as well for the past nights." 

 

I inhale deeply. "Maybe busy." 

 

He eyed me curiously. "Had a fight with him again?" 

 

I stopped for a moment. "No. What makes you think that?" 

 

He g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter