Stubbornness

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV 

 

 

It's been almost six months already since my car accident happened but I can't still find myself to go back to the reality that I've been trying to escape so I am very thankful with the family that still keep me despite of my stubbornness. 

 

"Dara?" I got startled then turned around and smiled upon seeing Il Woo. He was the one who saved me from death. Actually, from attempted suicide and he works at the city so he only goes home every weekend. "What are you doing here alone?" I was currently at the balcony and looking at the sea before he arrives. "Anyway, here." 

 

I pout as I accepted the bag he handed. "I told you to stop bringing anything for me." 

 

He chuckled. "I can't help it. It was you whom I first thought when I saw that." 

 

"Really?" When he nodded, I opened the bag and saw a medium sized rabbit stuffed toy. "Wow. This is cute. Thank you!" 

 

He shakes my hair. "You're welcome so where's Mom and Dad?" Then he looked around. "Grocery time?" 

 

"Yep. Are you hungry? I can heat the lunch we had earlier." 

 

"I am hungry but I'll do the heating." 

 

"What? No! I'll do it!" Then I run towards the kitchen. 

 

"Dara, you're not a housemaid here." He said with a sigh after he followed me. 

 

I snorted. "This is the least thing I can do for you." 

 

"I already told you that you don't need to do anything for me. I just did what's right." 

 

I glanced at him then smiled. "And I already told you as well that I will still do something for you." 

 

"So stubborn." 

 

I giggled. "I thought you already know that." 

 

He only smirked. After a while, he started to eat. "Still no plan to go back? Your birthday is coming already, right?" 

 

I got startled then stared at him. "I don't know if there's still something left for me." 

 

"There's still Oasis. Seems Taecyon is managing it perfectly as it is doing very well." Since I told Woo everything, he volunteered himself to check the status of Oasis so he became a regular customer. As per his investigation, Bom let Taecyon manage Oasis instead of the first plan to stop the operation for the time being.

 

I bite my lower lip as I knew I am just finding excuses. "I am just still afraid, I guess." 

 

He stared seriously at me. "You cannot act like this forever." 

 

"I know but there's still more than a year left in my marriage contract with Jiyong." Upon saying his name, my chest automatically pound hard. Darn. At the time I left his house, I decided to live in my house once my emotions cooled off.  I rather totally break my own heart than to be slowly broke by him every day. But that accident happened and until now, I still love that jerk. Even without seeing him, my heart still beating for him. Only for him. Continuing to love him and it seems that I will really never get out from this feeling towards him. "I will return after that contract expires." 

 

He inhale deeply. "Like what I've told you, the scene you saw that night didn't mean anything. Sohee is almost on her due date but I guarantee you that it's not your best friend's baby." 

 

I sigh. Apparently, he is a colleague of Sohee's cousin from the detective agency so he was able to get some personal information. What a small world indeed. "I am still not ready to face him." 

 

"When you will be?" 

 

"I don't know." Then I cleared my throat as I felt a lump inside. "All I know is that I wanted to stop my heart for loving him more than as a friend but I don't know how can I do it." 

 

"Then tell him everything so he would understand why you wanted to stay away from him." 

 

"What about our friendship?" 

 

"To hell with it. From the moment you love him more than as a friend, it was ruined already. You know that it will never be the same anymore." 

 

I found myself sniffing when I can't imagine being not his friend anymore but I knew that Woo has a point. This heartache can only end once I tell him everything. Then I felt a gentle tap on my top head. I didn't notice that Woo is already at my side. 

 

"Take your time. I really didn't want you to leave because Mom and Dad likes you so much but I wanted you to finally find your peace of mind. You deserved to be loved unconditionally." 

 

I sniffed once more. "If I can only dictate my heart." 

 

He gently tapped my top head again. "Everything will be okay." 

 

As he left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter