Awareness

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's POV 

 

 

Being rejected by Dara was something that I really didn't expect and though I was extremely disappointed, I respected her decision. I don't want to force her into something she is not comfortable doing so I'll maybe just try her suggestion to find another property instead. But I am not in the mood right now to start looking as I still honestly not feel happy with her decision. Darn it. What a selfish prick I am. 

 

Then I inhale deeply when a knock interrupted my thoughts. "Boss, here's the invitation." I cleared my throat as the door opens and saw Chaerin. "And you need to find someone to bring along with you." 

 

I frowned as I accepted the envelope from her. "Why?" 

 

She rolled her eyes. "I filed a week leave, remember?" 

 

I smiled sheepishly upon remembering the date. "Almost forgot about it." 

 

She snorted. "Why don't you bring Dara instead?" 

 

My chest pound hard. "Well, I'll ask her." 

 

She grinned. "If in case she said yes, just make sure to protect her very carefully." 

 

I frowned again. "What?" 

 

She rolled her eyes once more. "You're very hopeless. I really pity Dara. Why it's you?" Then she abruptly leave my room. What is that woman saying again? She was like this before and up to now, I still didn't know what she meant that time. 

 

Later that day, I went to Oasis and saw Dara with Taecyon. They are currently doing their normal routine before they officially open then disgust suddenly covered me as the two laugh together. Dara even hit his arm that made him laugh more. And I see red everywhere. "Dara." 

 

She got startled then turned around with Taecyon. Seeing them made me remember the night that I thought he was kissing her and I honestly don't like their closeness. They weren't like this before or I just didn't notice it? "Ji, what are you doing here?" Then she looked at Taecyon. "Seems everything is okay." 

 

He nodded. "I'll talk to others now." When he passed by, I just casually nodded at him and he did the same. 

 

"What brought you here?"  

 

"I just need to tell you something." 

 

She eyed me curiously. "Okay. Let's go to my room." As she started to walk, I quickly went to her side and walk with her until we reached her office's room. "So what you're going to tell me?" 

 

I inhale deeply. "Remember the event that I normally attend every year?" 

 

She nodded. It is an annual gala for the association of architects. "What about it?" 

 

"Well, Chaerin will start her one week leave on that day and I am thinking if you wanted to come with me instead." 

 

She frowned. "Do you really need to bring somebody along with you?" 

 

"It's not mandatory but I don't want to be there alone." 

 

"You probably know some acquaintances that will attend as well." 

 

"Yeah but still, they are competitors." 

 

"How about Seunghyun?" 

 

"Bom will get jealous." 

 

She snorted. "But I don't know much about your field." 

 

"It doesn't matter." Then I handed her the invitation. 

 

She sigh as she accepted it. While she is reading the content, I found myself staring at her then suddenly held my breath as she pout. Now I am curious if some bastard was able to taste those kissable lips of her. Then I mentally shake my head upon realizing what I just thought. What the hell I am thinking? "This is a formal event." 

 

I cleared my throat. "Yep. If you worry about the dress, I'll ask Chaerin to buy you one." 

 

She inhale deeply. "No need. I have my own dress." 

 

My face brightens. "So you're going with me?" 

 

She rolled her eyes. "You might suicide now if I declined you again." 

 

I laugh then put my arm around her shoulders. "Yeah. I might do that." Then I pinched her nose. "Thank you." 

 

"Yeah, yeah." When she freed herself from me, I suddenly had this urge to pull her back against me. "Now go home..." She said as she starts to walk towards her desk. "I need to work now." She said after she seated. 

 

I chuckled. "You really value your business more than me." Then my chest pound hard when that unnamed yet familiar emotion spark in her eyes and just like before, it vanished immediately upon blinking her eyes. 

 

"Of course! Because this business is my baby. I can't get any benefit nor profit from you." 

 

I pout. "That's so mean. I am your most handsome friend. That's a big benefit already." 

 

"No, you're not." After she stick her tongue out, she focused herself on her computer's monitor. When I didn't move, she tilted her head then raised an eyebrow at me. "What?" 

 

I grinned. "What are you going to wear?" 

 

When she winked at me and smiled playfully, my heart rumbled in my chest. "That's for you to find out." 

 

Man. Why I felt that she just flirted with me? Darn it. I feel so delusional at the moment. 

 

Days later, I can't feel any satisfaction on how I look so I keep on changing my clothes until I got startled as my phone rings. It's Seunghyun. "What is it, Hyung?" 

 

He chuckled. "I heard from Bommie that you have a date tonight with Dara." 

 

I smirked. "It's not really a date." 

 

He laugh. "But you sounded excited." 

 

I smiled sheepishly. "Well, yeah. This is the first time that we'll attend event like this together." 

 

"By the way, Bommie just left Dara's apartment. She helped her in fixing her hair and makeup." My chest pound hard upon imagining what would Dara wear and how she'll look like. "And take care of Dara, there are lots of bastards in that event." 

 

I found myself thinking what Chaerin said. This must be she was trying to say that time. Then I snorted. She should just tell me about it directly. Why women thought that men were mind readers? "Of course." 

 

"Anyway, have fun." 

 

"Yeah, thanks." 

 

After the call ended, I inhale deeply then finished clothing myself. Later on, I went to Dara's apartment and while driving, I received a message from her that Bom left her door open so when I reached her apartment, I casually open her apartment's gate but suddenly my chest start to pound hard when I was walking towards her door. What the hell is wrong with me? I am acting like I am about to fetch my prom night date. Damn. 

 

As I entered her apartment, my chest pound harder. . Am I nervous? After sending her a message that I am already on her living room, I try to distract myself by roaming around until I felt her room's door open then my heart thumped wildly upon seeing her. She is wearing a black dress and her shoulders are bared while there's a slit on her left leg. She's even wearing high heels and Bom did a great job on her hair and makeup. . I already know that she is pretty but tonight, she look extra pretty. She's gorgeous. Like a goddess. 

 

She smiled awkwardly. "Did Bom overdo everything?" 

 

I blinked my eyes then cleared my throat. "No. You looked so good tonight." 

 

It seems her face gets redder as she sigh in relief. "Thank goodness." Then she looked at me then smiled. "You looked good too." 

 

And I felt like an idiot because I felt my cheeks burned with that comment. "Ready?" 

 

"Wait." Then she hurriedly walk towards her couch and get the small bag. "Let's go." 

 

I smiled then gestured my arm on her. "I'll take extra care of you tonight." 

 

She grinned and when she encircled her arm around mine, I gulped as I felt her softness on my side. "You don't need to. I am a big girl already." 

 

I pinched her nose. "There are many wolves there." 

 

She snorted. "And so? I can handle them. I've been working with men for too long already." 

 

I chuckled then assisted her to get inside my car. "Yeah but still, I am your tonight so I have great responsibility to do." 

 

She rolled her eyes. "Egoistic jerk." I only laugh. After we reached the venue, I quickly pass my keys to the valet parking staff then walk hurriedly towards the passenger side and I grinned when Dara groan. "You jerk, I am not a disabled person. I can move on my own." She said as she accepted my hand. 

 

"I know that definitely but I rather leave impression." 

 

"What impression?" 

 

I encircled our arms together. "That you are with me." 

 

She got startled. "What does that mean?" 

 

Man. She seems not sensing that people especially men are looking at her. Well, that's good to know somehow. "Nothing important." Then we started to walk until we entered the venue and I silently growle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter