Deal

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV 

 

 

After that gala night with Jiyong, I felt something has changed between us. It's like the kind relationship we used to have before Sohee entered the picture is slowly coming back. And my stupid heart is getting some hopes again because of it. Oh boy. This is not good. Being close with him like this again doesn't mean anything. When will my stupid heart realize that?

 

Then I blinked my eyes when my phone received a message. It's from Hae. Hey, I am outside your gate. I frowned then hurriedly go out and smiled upon seeing him. "What was that?" I asked him as soon as I open my gate. 

 

He smiled back then gestured the Tupperware container he is holding. "I baked salmon pasta that's good for sharing." 

 

"Really!?" Then I tried to peak and inhale it. "Woah, smells delicious!" 

 

He only laugh. When we entered my apartment, we directly went to the kitchen area and I hurriedly get a big plate. After transferring it, I smelled it once more while holding a fork. "You still have that habit." 

 

I smiled sheepishly. "Can I start tasting it?" 

 

"Of course."   

 

As soon as I put a part on my mouth, I moan. "Oh this is really delicious!" 

 

He laugh once more. "Glad to hear that." Then he looked around. "It seems you're not starting yet." 

 

I frowned as I started to munch the pasta. "On what?" 

 

He stared at me for a while then chuckled. "So you're still not aware that we need to evacuate in two weeks." 

 

That made me suddenly swallows the food resulting for me to cough. Good thing Hae acted fast and gave me a glass of water. "What in the world are you saying?" 

 

He grinned. "Where do you keep your bills?" He said instead. Though confused, I pointed him the first row of the drawer near the refrigerator then he stands up and look for something until he pulled out one envelope. "This letter came two days ago." 

 

I frowned again then get it from him. "What letter?" Then I started to read until I gasped. "Oh my goodness! Why they suddenly sold this area!?" 

 

He smirked. "I hope I know the answer." 

 

I groan. "I've been living here after college graduation." 

 

"That's a pity then. But what can we do about this? It is already sold so you can only do is to start finding a new house." 

 

I groan again. "Have you found a new place already?" 

 

He nodded. "Though I wanted for us to be neighbours again but it's quite far from Oasis. It's on the other side." 

 

I sigh. "Well, it seems I really need to start finding now." 

 

"I can help you." 

 

I shake my head. "It's okay, I know some expert in things like this." 

 

He nodded in understanding. "If you say so but even we are not neighbours anymore, I hope we'll still see each other." 

 

"Of course!" Then I started to eat the pasta again. "Just give me your address and I'll give you mine as soon as I find one." 

 

When Hae left, I found myself texting Jiyong.  Busy? 

 

Only few seconds passed, my phone rings and my chest pound hard upon seeing his name on the screen then I inhale deeply before answering his call. "What's the matter?" 

 

"Well, in less than two weeks, I will get evicted from this apartment." 

 

"Why? It's impossible that it's because you are not paying your dues." 

 

I pout. "I always pay on time. Anyway, the owner of the land in this area sold this to somebody else. No other specific reason was mentioned in the letter they sent two days ago." 

 

"If it's two days ago already, why you just mentioned it to me now?" 

 

I groan. "It's because I did not notice that I kept the letter together with my bills. If Hae didn't mention it earlier, I would probably clueless until the deadline." 

 

"So that man was with you earlier? In your apartment?" 

 

"Yeah." Then I groan again. "Stop scolding me, okay?" 

 

Few seconds of silence filled the line until he cleared his throat. "So what is your plan now?" 

 

"Find another apartment of course. That's why I texted you. You were the one who helped to find this apartment anyway." 

 

He inhale deeply. "I'll find one for you." 

 

"Thanks. Just update me as soon as you can." 

 

"Sure." 

 

As the call ended, I exhaled in relief. My chest still pounding hard. Oh boy. When will my heart stops beating for him?  

 

Later on, I went to Oasis. "You looked troubled, boss." 

 

I sigh at Taecyon. "I am going to be evicted from my apartment in less than two weeks." 

 

That surprised him. "What happened? You're not paying your dues?" 

 

Then he laugh as I hit his arm. "Jerk. The land's owner of the area sold the property to somebody else." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter