Decision

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

Being not present in Dara's important event really made me feel down. I supposed to be with her. I supposed to witness her happiness. I supposed to cheer her up. I supposed to . And knowing that somebody else will do everything what I wanted to do just double this negative vibe I am having. Darn it. I really didn't want to go but this conference will be beneficial to my company. 

 

"Stop sulking like a kid there. We shouldn't leave at the first place if your willingness to go isn't really hundred percent." 

 

I groan at Chaerin. We are currently having our breakfast and today is the last day of the conference meeting but it's still a whole day event so catching later flight back won't be possible. "You know how important this conference to the company." 

 

"More important than Dara's event?" That startled me and when I did not respond immediately, she rolled her eyes. "Anyway, as far as I know, we are fully booked already for the next six months and I believed that many customers will get our service for the following months." 

 

"You know that we are targeting the international market." 

 

She raised an eyebrow. "Yeah but this kind of conference will definitely happen again." 

 

I sigh when I realized that it's futile to argue with her especially when she knows that she'll win in the discussion. Well, she is truly right. "I am so stupid." 

 

She grinned. "Glad you admit that." 

 

I pout. "You're enjoying this too much." 

 

Her grin grew wider. "Well, it is really fun to see you like this." 

 

I chuckled. "One day, I'll have my revenge." 

 

She snorted. "Anyway, you won't really attend the exclusive celebration tonight?" 

 

"How can I do that? This conference is whole day." 

 

Once more, she rolled her eyes. "Just leave after this breakfast so you can catch the earliest flight then I'll stay here until tomorrow as planned." 

 

I gaped at her. "You sure?" 

 

"Yeah. I can manage. Dealing with these guys is my thing and maybe I’ll meet someone here once you leave." 

 

I smiled widely. "Just don't get married yet. I still need you." 

 

"That's gross." 

 

I only laugh. After breakfast, I immediately packed my things then hurriedly travel to the airport. 

 

"Sorry, Sir but unfortunately, the next two flights are fully booked already." 

 

As soon as the airline officer said that, I wanted to throw curse but I remain calm despite the ruckus deep within me. I cannot rant here because I know that this happened because of my stupidity. "Even up to business or first class seats?" 

 

She smiled apologetically. "Yes, Sir. The first available schedule today will depart by four in the afternoon." 

 

. If I'll take that, I'll arrive past midnight already. The celebration will probably end by that time. Then I inhale deeply, trying to calm myself. "Will there be a chance for me to be accommodated in these fully booked schedules?" 

 

"That's what I cannot guarantee. But I can put you on priority waiting list for chance passengers." 

 

"Yes. Please do that. Thanks." 

 

"You're welcome, Sir. Please leave your number here so I could contact you immediately." 

 

After doing it, I tried different airlines but unfortunately, they are also full. What the hell. Just like what I did to the first airline, I leave my number. Then I waited until my phone rings.  

 

"Good Day Sir." Then she introduced herself. She's from the third airline that I talked to. "Glad to inform you that we can get you to our two in the afternoon schedule, are you going to avail it now? This is the only seat left for our business section." 

 

"Yes." This is much better than that four in the afternoon schedule of other airline. "I am on my way now to your counter." 

 

As I boarded the plane, I breathed in relief. I can still catch the celebration with this schedule. Upon closing my eyes, my chest pound hard when Dara's face popped in my mind. Damn. As much as I wanted to send her a message that I am on my way already, I restrained myself. I am going to surprise her instead. 

 

Later on, I finally reached home. After putting my things, I got startled when the main door's intercom buzzed. Is it Dara? But she knows the pin number combination. Then I hurriedly walk downstairs to check the monitor and got surprised to see Sohee outside. What is she doing here? My last news about her is that she was seeing another man already. 

 

When I opened the door, she smiled tentatively. "Hey, Ji." I smiled back then gestured her to enter. "So you changed your pin number." 

 

I chuckled. "For a change." Then I glanced to the time. "So what brought you here?" 

 

"Are you going somewhere?" 

 

I scratched the back of my head. "Actually, I just arrived from overseas conference but I need to leave in any moment because tonight is Oasis' fifth anniversary."  

 

Something sparks in her eyes. "Oh I see." 

 

I eyed her curiously. "Why you are here?" She inhale deeply then I got startled to see her eyes suddenly get teary. "Did something happen?" 

 

She bites her lower lip. "I am pregnant." 

 

I frowned then glanced to her stomach. "You don't look like you are pregnant and if I am not mistaken, we did not do anything from the last two years we've been together. Well, not exact two years but almost." 

 

Her face flush in embarrassment. "Yeah, I know. I am only on my sixth week anyway and I am just telling you this because…" She inhale deeply again then seat slowly at the couch. "I got somehow desperate after knowing my condition and my friends were not good companion when it comes to this kind of drama so I badly needed someone to talk to and you are the first person who comes to my mind." 

 

I crossed my arms together like a father who is ready to scold the daughter. "So where is the father?" 

 

She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know." 

 

That instantly made me furious. Even I parted ways to her already, still, who wouldn't react if you got a response like this? "What the hell that does mean?" 

 

She blinked her eyes many times. Obviously not trying to burst out crying in my front. "The man I've been dating disappeared after I told him that he got me pregnant." 

 

Damn. "What is the name of that bastard?" 

 

She groan. "I already asked my cousin's help to track him but it seems he is already out of the country." That cousin of her was working in a detective agency. 

 

I clenched my fist then inhale deeply. "Don't waste your time to that bastard anymore. Just focus on your health and on your baby." 

 

Her face saddens. "I k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter