Biggest Mistake

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV 

 

 

That kiss in my dream was kept on repeating in my head because it feels real. But I know that it's truly impossible as there is no way that Jiyong will kiss me. He has no reasons and after getting drunk that night, I vowed not to drink too much anymore as he told me that he undressed me because I was too uncomfortable with my clothes. Oh boy. Imagining that particularly scene really embarrassed me. Maybe the lacy white bra I wore that night was too plain for him but anyway, why do I need to care about his opinion on my underwear? He probably closed his eyes while undressing me. Besides, he was acting weird since then. I can't describe it clearly but definitely something has changed. Maybe I did something terrible that night and he doesn't want to add it my embarrassment so he is not telling it to me. And I hope that I did not say my true feelings to him because I don't know what will happen to our friendship.

 

Then I inhale deeply and focused on what I supposed to do. Oasis' fifth anniversary is next week already so I am currently making some plan on how to celebrate it. We already posted something on the bulletin so the customers are expecting already on what will happen that night. And on the next day, there will be another celebration for the staff. It was an exclusive party for us only but I invited some close people to me. Hae, Hoon, Seunhyun, Bommie, her parents and of course Jiyong. But he will be attending an overseas conference together with his secretary, Chaerin so he couldn't attend. That saddened me but that conference was quite important to his business so I understand. He said that they'll try to catch a late afternoon flight back but I don't want to expect. When it comes to him, I shouldn't really expect anything. Because at the end, I'll be just disappointed. 

 

And I must always remember that I am just his wife for two years contract. I can even compare our situation to parallel lines, always close but never together. I shouldn't forget about that. I really shouldn't. 

 

As my phone rings, I cleared my throat and inhale deeply once more. "Good evening, Dara!" It's Jessie. 

 

I smiled. "What can I do for you?" 

 

She giggled. "I heard that Oasis will be celebrating it's anniversary next week but how come I did not receive any invitation?" 

 

I chuckled. "You might spill the beans." 

 

She laugh. "Of course not. We have an agreement and I'll honor it." 

 

I smiled again. "Just come on that day, we prepared something for the customers but you will be treated as one of our special customers." 

 

"Now I am excited!" 

 

After the call ended, I silenced my phone then focused myself back to work until someone knocked on the door. "Boss, we are closing now." 

 

I stretched my arm as I nodded at Taecyon. "Go ahead. By the way, how's everything down there earlier?" 

 

"As usual, we got good crowd and seems larger than last night. Most of them are already excited on the upcoming anniversary." 

 

I smiled. "That's great then. I can't wait either." 

 

He grinned. "Me also because you were too hands on with the anniversary celebration." 

 

I pout. "Of course. It's our fifth anniversary." 

 

He chuckled. "Yeah but take a rest as well. You looked restless." I groan. If he only knew that it's not all about the anniversary. "Do not think about work once you leave later. Use your two days off wisely." 

 

I snorted. "Yes, Sir." 

 

He only laugh. When he left, I checked my phone and got startled to see few missed calls from Jiyong. He even sent some messages. 

 

Why you're not answering your phone? 

 

Busy?  

 

Text me when you're available. 

 

Be careful in driving.  

 

I inhale deeply, trying to calm my heart then sent him a short message. I will. Thanks. Only few seconds passed, my phone rings and my chest pound hard upon seeing Jiyong's name but instead to answer his call, I just ignored it. My mind is in chaos at the moment so I am afraid I might blurt out everything. 

 

Later on, I reached home and tiredly lay myself in my bed. After getting some rest, I took a quick bath then found myself getting my guitar. With my current state of mind, it seems I can finish the lyrics for You or Me until tomorrow. 

 

After two days, I went back to Jiyong's house and my chest pound hard when I see him. "No work?" I asked him nonchalantly. 

 

He eyed me seriously. "You're not answering my calls and texts." He said instead. 

 

I smiled sheepishly. "I slept a lot." 

 

He crossed his arms together, he somehow looked pissed off. "I understand that but I did not receive even a single damn message from you. I was worried. I even planned to go to your house if I won't still see you today." 

 

That somehow made me feel guilty as I realized his point then I smiled apologetically. "Sorry. I was quite too occupied with the upcoming anniversary of Oasis." 

 

His face softens as he scratched his back head then my heart thumped wildly when he pulled me against him and carefully hugged me. "I know. That's why I was worried. I kept on thinking morbid things because I don't know what is happening to you." 

 

I bite my lower lip then gently tapped his back, my heart still thumping fast and since I am too tempted to hug him back, I made a few steps back away from him. "I am fine." 

 

Something sparks in his eyes then he inhale deeply. "So how's the plan you are making?" 

 

"Plotted already. We will start the preparat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter