Grateful

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyong's POV 

 

 

After seeing Dara glowing like a goddess in her gown earlier, I almost make her to just stay at the house and lock her in our room. But it seems she is looking forward to this event so I need to be a supportive husband. 

 

"Stop scowling." 

 

I snorted. "I am not." 

 

"Yes, you are and I told you to just stay at your house---" 

 

"Our house, wifey." 

 

She rolled her eyes. "To just stay at our..." She gave an emphasis to that last word. "House if you will just act like this." 

 

I chuckled. "You know that I always wanted to be with you." 

 

She sigh. "Just don't be a pain in the ." 

 

"Nope. Because I'll be your bodyguard." 

 

"Slave, hubby. Slave." 

 

I grinned. "Sure thing, baby." 

 

As we arrived at the hotel, I immediately locked Dara on my side. "You're too close. I can't walk properly." 

 

"But I don't want you to get tripped." 

 

She groan. "I'm not a damsel in distress." Then she hit me on the side using her elbow. "Don't make me visibly hit you in public." 

 

I laugh as I entwined our fingers together. "You're such a bully." 

 

"Then stop acting like an ." 

 

I only laugh again. Later on, we entered the venue hall and I tighten my hold to Dara's hand when she gained attention from different bastards. Damn. This is the event of an entertainment company so there are celebrities as well but the venue wasn't technically crowded. They maybe only have few guests aside from their staff and artists. I didn't even see media people around. This event seems private. That's a relief then. 

 

Few minutes passed, an usherette assisted us to our designated table. Dara and I politely greeted our seatmates and thankfully all of them are women. 

 

After an half hour, the buffet tables finally start to serve food. While eating, Jessie went to our table. "Finally found you!" She hugged Dara then she looked at me. "Good evening. Nice job by the way." 

 

I smiled. She definitely refers to the recently finished renovation of Phoenix Entertainment. "Thank you." 

 

She smiled back then looked again at Dara. "I'm really glad that you finally attended tonight." 

 

Dara smiled a bit. "You know why I declined before." 

 

Jessie giggled. "Of course. I am just really happy that you are here. Anyway, I'll talk to you again later. Need to roam around first. See yah!" 

 

When Jessie left, I looked at Dara. "You don't know anyone from here?" 

 

She shakes her head. "I only talk to Jessie." Then she roam her eyes around. "There are lots of celebrities here." 

 

I chuckled. "You're more beautiful than them." 

 

She laugh softly. "You're more handsome than them too." 

 

I only grinned then get her hand and kissed her knuckles. As the event program officially started, Dongwon give his opening remarks. 

 

"Thank you everyone for coming here tonight. I hope you all are enjoying the food." Then he inhale deeply. "Another good year is coming to an end and let's make next year a good journey as well." When he smiled, I silently chuckled as I heard some giggles. "And I will not talk for too long so enjoy the rest of the night." 

 

Then the empty space near the stage slowly gathered people to dance.  

 

"I need to go to bathroom." Dara said.  

 

I stand up. "Let's go." 

 

"I'll be fine. You can stay here." 

 

"No. I'll go with you." There are lots of bastard around and I don't have any plan to leave her alone. "I need to pee as well." 

 

She only chuckled. After we went to the bathroom, I almost give in to my desire to punch every bastard that's looking at her like she's not wearing our marriage ring! But thank goodness, it she seems oblivious with them.  

 

"Dara!!!" Jessie hugged her side when we go back inside of the venue. "You should dance with your husband." 

 

She immediately shakes her head. "We'll be fine." 

 

Jessie groan then looked at me. "Bring her to the dance floor." 

 

I smirked. "Maybe later. She's quite shy." 

 

Jessie giggled as Dara pinch my arm. "Alright. The night still young anyway. Enjoy lovebirds!" 

 

After Jessie left, we go to our table. "You really don't want to dance?" 

 

She pout. "I'm not comfortable." 

 

"Come on, they don't know us personally. Do you still remember our college prom night?" When she quickly nodded, warmth covered me. It seems she also remember everything that happened that night. "We still dance together even we don't know yet each other enough." 

 

She groan. "That's different." 

 

I chuckled then grasped her hand. "By the way, do you know who sing your songs?" 

 

That question startled her. "No. Jessie will just text me that the song did well. I am not really checking it personally." Then she inhale deeply. "I don't think they'll play those songs here. The lyrics were kind of sad." Though she seems didn't mean anything but still, what she said gave a little punch on my chest. Words on those lyrics came from her broken heart. . "Those songs are not appropriate here." 

 

I cleared my throat. "Will you just create new lyrics once Jessie needed your help?" 

 

When her eyes suddenly spark, I felt relieved. "Actually, I started to write again few days ago and it's almost finished." 

 

I frowned. "I didn't notice it." 

 

She chuckled. "You really won't." 

 

"Why?" 

 

She smiled mysteriously. "I won't tell you." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter