Relief

Second Chance At Forever v2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's POV 

 

 

Is Dara avoiding me? I hope not. Because I can't think of any reason for her to avoid me. Maybe she was just really busy on something else. Or could be with someone else. 

 

Then I inhale deeply when this familiar irritation occurred me upon thinking that she is now dating some guy. Well, I should be happy if she'll have the man who will treat her like a queen. She deserves that. She was always there for me especially whenever I encounter relationship problem with Sohee before. 

 

Sohee. Yeah. It's been months already since I started to feel that something changed between us. I wanted to say that I still love her but it is no longer same as before. Not the same when we were just started our relationship. So as soon as she comes back, I am going to talk to her. I know that she was feeling the same way as I am.

 

"Overtime again?" 

 

I blinked my eyes then looked at the door. Chaerin, my Secretary is now walking towards me. "Not really. I am just finishing something." 

 

"By the way, where is your girlfriend? Haven't seen her for a while." She was not an ordinary secretary to me because she was a college friend so formality is no longer needed between us and our working relationship has been very good.

 

"Overseas." 

 

Something sparks in her eyes that made me frowned at her but she immediately smiled cheerfully. "Oh I see. I'll leave now." 

 

I nodded. "Be safe." 

 

"You too." 

 

As she leave, I inhale deeply again and checked my phone. There's still no new message from Dara. When I tried to call her, it was just sent straight to her voicemail. Darn it. 

 

After I left the office, I decided to visit Oasis. The staff gave their normal greetings then I looked for Taecyon. "Is Dara here already?" 

 

He became silent for a while then shakes his head. "Gotta work now." 

 

I sigh when he abruptly leave. He is hiding something. Then I stayed for about two hours but there’s still no sign of Dara. As I paid my bill, I casually leave Oasis then made my way to go at the back area where there is a way going to the kitchen and I got startled to see her car. She is definitely here. Why she doesn't want me to see her? That give me some heavy feeling. When I can't find any reason, I just go home.  

 

On the next day, I tried again to call her but she's still not answering her phone until I received a message from her. Sorry to missed your calls. Been busy bee, will talk to you soonest!  

 

I gritted my teeth to realize the possibility of her avoiding me. But what reason? So when afternoon comes, I left the office and drive towards her apartment then my chest pound hard to finally see her. She was about to get inside of her car when I parked my car outside of her apartment's gate and thank goodness, I thought she is going to ignore me. "Hey, it's been a long time." I said as soon as she open the gate.  

 

She smiled apologetically. "Yeah. Sorry for not returning your calls."  

 

"Too busy?"  

 

When she nodded, the very familiar irritation covered me. "What brings you here by the way?"  

 

"Where are you going?" I answered her with another question. Well, I really had a lot of question right now. 

 

"To Auntie and Uncle because I am not available this weekend to come to their anniversary celebration."  

 

I frowned as I totally don't expect it. "What's making you busy?"  

 

She suddenly laugh. "Why you have a lot of question? And why you are really here? You don't have a date with Sohee?" 

 

I stared at her for a while then inhale deeply. "She's currently overseas because of her job."  

 

She snorted. "So now you remember me because she is not around." She said jokingly. 

 

I chuckled then found myself wrapping my arm around her shoulder. Damn. It's really been a while since we got too close like this. "Don't say things like that." 

 

"Anyway, I need to go now. Auntie and Uncle are waiting for me." She said instead. 

 

An idea immediately entered my mind. "I'll go with you."  

 

She got surprised. "What? You don't need to." Then some emptiness covered me when she freed herself from me. "Seriously, I don't need a companion and you'll see them this weekend." Then she abruptly entered her car. "Please close my gate and be careful in driving, okay?"  

 

I stared at her again until I nodded. "You too."  

 

She only smiled then as she closed the door, I run my fingers through my hair. What is going on with her? She seems bothered by something and I hate to think that she doesn't want to share it with me. Then my phone received a message from Mom. 

 

Jiyongie, we haven't seen you for a while so have dinner with us tonight, okay? 

 

I chuckled then replied Yes, Mom. 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter