01: Our Happy Family

dating an idol

Still in the labor room, I was pushing and breathing, pushing and breathing until I heard a baby crying. *he's here* Giving out my last breathe, I became super exhausted and tired, but I want to keep my eyes open so I can hold Jaemin in my arms.

Dr. Lee: Congratulations Mrs. Park. You gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

Me: Can I hold him?

Dr. Lee: Of course.

He walked over to me with Jaemin in his arms and gave him to me gently. I slightly sat up and held my baby in my arms.

Dr. Lee: Have you thought of any names?

Me: We decided to call him Jaemin. Park Jaemin.

I stared at my beautiful boy in my arms. He was sleeping quietly in my arms wrapped warmly. After a few minutes, the nurses took him to the nursery room with all the other babies.

-Half an Hour Later-

I woke up to being in another room. Manager Eonni was beside me on her phone and glanced me.

Manager Eonni: Oh you're up.

Me: Where's Jaemin?

Manager Eonni: He's in the nursery room. I called Mi Do and Min Soo to let them know.

Me: Did you call Jimin?

Manager Eonni: Not yet, I wanted to know if you were gonna do it yourself.

Me: Yeah. Actually I want to record a video for him.

Manager Eonni: I'll record for you.

Me: Okay. Did you see Jaemin already?

Manager Eonni: I did when I stopped by. He's beautiful. Looks just like Jimin.

Me: He does. 

We heard a faint knock and eonni went to go open the door. It was no other than Min Soo and Mi Do.

Mi Do: Congratulations Jaehee. We saw Jaemin. He so beautiful.

Me: Thank you.

Min Soo: Did you let Jimin know?

Me: Not yet. 

We heard another knock and the nurse came in.

Nurse Lee: How are you feeling Jaehee?

Me: I'm feeling a bit better.

Nurse Lee: That's good to hear. Do you want me to bring in Jaemin?

Me: Yes please.

Nurse Lee: Alright. I'll be back with him.

Me: Thank you.

She left the room and we were left to talk.

Min Soo: How was it?

Me: How was what? Giving birth? Tiring, exhausting, painful, but during all of that, I thought about holding him in my arms when it's over. It's beautiful moment to cherish forever and that first moment of laying my eyes on him for the first time ever is the best.

We heard another knock and the nurse came in with Jaemin. Everyone moved out of their way to make way for the nurse to come by my side. She gently picked up Jaemin and gave him to me.

Nurse Lee: I'll come in an hour to take him back to the nursery.

Me: Okay. Thank you.

She left and we were just inside the room looking and cherishing this moment forever. Eonni started recordering me and Jaemin together along with Min Soo and Mi Do.

Manager Eonni: Okay. I'm going to send it.

Me: Alright.

-Jimin's POV-

Me: Jaehee hasn't called me all day today. I wonder if she's okay.

Namjoon: She's fine.

*ding*

My phone rang and it was a video from Jaehee. I instantly clicked it and it was taking forever to load. After about 10 seconds it finally loaded and I watched the video. *she..* 

Me: SHE GAVE BIRTH TO JAEMIN!

Hoseok: Are you serious?! Let me see!

I showed everyone the video of Jaehee holding Jaemin and it was honestly the best video I have ever gotten from her.

Jungkook: Hyung, he looks just like you.

Jimin: I have to get back soon! I want to see him too.

Manager Hyung: You can. I'll drop you off.

Jin: Can we come too?

Managre Hyung: Of course. We'll all go, but I'm going to take Jimin first.

Yoongi: Alright.

I left the practice room with hyung and we drove off to the hospital she was in. On the way there I started feeling nervous. My hands we beginning to get moist and I kept shaking my leg. *will Jaemin like me?*

Manager Hyung: He will love you. You're his father Jimin.

Me: How did you know what I was thinking?

Manager Hyung: But wasn't that what you were thinking?

I nodded and looked at him.

Manager Hyung: It's a beautiful moment to cherish JImin, so don't feel so nervous about it. You'll be fine. Besides you've been waiting for this day for 9 months.

Me: I know, but Jaehee wasn't suppose to go into labor this early. She's two weeks early.

Manager HYung: Well, doctors can't really estimate the exact date a baby will be born.

I nodded and we arrived at the hospital. I got out of the van and walked into the hospital. I asked the front desk which room she was in.

Assistance: Park Jaehee is in room 301 on the 3rd floor. You can take the elevator behind.

Me: Thank you.

I walked around the desk and found the elevator. Walking inisde, I pressed the number 3 button and waited for the door to close. I took this time to ready myself and prepare myself.

*ding*

*cue XIA How Can I Love You (inst.)*

The doors open and I made my way to her room. Before opening the door, I ready myself one last time and opened the door gently. everyone looked at me and I walked in. Closing the door quietly behind me, I slowly made my way to the foot of the bed. Facing Jaehee and Jaemin, she waved her hand telling me to come closer. I walked over to her right side and she gave me Jaemin. I gently took him in my arms and held him. He started fidgeting a little before getting comfortable in my arms. *he's adorable.*

Me: He's beautiful.

Jaehee: He is. Jaemin looks just like you

Me: And you as well.

Min Soo: We'll leave you two to it.

Min Soo, Mi Do and Jaehee's manager left the room and we were by ourselves with Jaemin in my arms. I sat down on the chair next to Jaehee's bedside and looked at her. 

Me: You must be exhausted.

Jaehee: I am, but I don't want to miss this.

Me: We'll still be here when you wake up. 

Jaehee: Alright.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep. I just watched them both and appreciate what I have with me right now. A beautiful wife and a beautiful son. Nothing can replace this exact moment. This is really the most beautiful moment. I set a sleeping Jaemin back in his little bed besides Jaehee and stepped out to call my eomma and appa.

Me: Eomma.

Mom: Yeah Jimin? It's so sudden of you to call me at this hour.

Me: Eomma, Jaehee gave birth to our son.

Mom: REALLY! We're coming by right now! *in the background* YEOBO! GET MY JACKET AND GET READY! WE'RE HEADING TO THE HOSPITAL! JAEHEE JUST GAVE BIRTH!

Me: I'll see you later eomma.

Mom: Alright. Take care of Jaehee and Jaemin.

Me: I will.

I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket. I opened the door and walked back inside. Min Soo, Mi Do and Jaehee's manager all left since they had some things to do and they'll be back later on today. I sat down on the chair besides Jaehee and took a picture with her and Jaemin side by side. I logged on to Twitter and tweeted the picture.

My beautiful wife just gave birth to my beautiful son, Jaemin. They are both healthy and are resting. I don't know how to explain this beautiful moment, but I just want to cherish it forever. I am finally a father and I finally have the family I've been wanting. Thank you so much for your support lately with Jaehee's journey through the pregnancy and all the tips you've all given her. She made through the pregnancy well and I honestly couldn't ask for more.

-지민

After posting the tweet, Namjoon called me.

Me: Oh hyung.

Namjoon: How are they? Are they well?

Me: Yeah they are. They're just resting now.

Namjoon: Alright, well we're making our way to the hospital right now.

Me: Alright I'll see you then. Text me when you guys are here so I'll just come down.

Namjoon Alright.

I hung up the phone and heard a knock at the door. It was eomma and appa.

Me: Eomma. Appa. Jaemin and Jaehee are sleeping right now.

Mom: It's fine dear. 

She walked over to Jaemin and caressed his cheek softly and gentle enough to not wake him up.

Mom: He looks just like you Jimin. Jaemin has your nose and lips and he has Jaehee's eyes.

Me: He does. I'm glad he has both of our features.

We all talked quietly until Jaehee woke up.

Me: Good evening Jaehee.

Jaehee: Good evening. Oh, eomeoni, abeoji. When did you guys get here?

Mom: We just got here a couple minutes ago.

Jaehee: Oh, why didn't you wake me up?

Mom: No it's okay dear. You need the rest. Jaemin is still resting.

-End of POV-

Both Jimin's parents came to visit Jaemin and I. Jaemin was still sleeping besides me and we talked with our inside voices making sure not to wake Jaemin.

Eomeoni: How are you feeling Jaehee?

Me: Tired, but I'm hanging in there. When I heard Jaemin's first cries it was music to my ears and when I first held him, he was so beautiful.

Eomeoni: Aw, that's how I felt when I had Jimin and Jihyun.

Jimin: But honestly eomma, I was better looking right?

Eomeoni: Yes Jimin.

I just chuckled and looked over Jaemin. He was sleeping peacefully and moved a little. Soon later eomeoni and abeoji left the hospital and back home. Jimin decided to stay over for the night after the boys left. Jimin helped me on the wheelchair and we made our way to the nursery. I wanted to see Jaemin before I go to sleep.

-Nursery Room-

Nurse Lee: Oh hi there Mr. and Mrs. Park. Are you guys here visiting little Jaemin?

Me: Yes. We want to see him before we go to sleep.

Nurse Lee: Alright. If you two need anything, I'll be in the back.

Jimin: Alright. Thank you.

We found Jaemin and watched him sleep. I put my hand through the small hole where we can touch the baby and I gently caressed his small hands.

Me: He has small hands like yours.

Jimin: That's not good..

Me: What do you mean? I love your small hands. They're cute and Jaemin has small hands.

Jimin: I want to see him smile so I know if he has your smile or mine.

Me: I'm pretty sure he has your smile. He has your lips and your eyes.

Jimin: He got all the parts I don't really like.

Me: *sigh* Jimin.. Jaemin has every single part I love about you and you should too. 

Jimin: I know. I'm sorry Jaehee and Jaemin.

Me: It's fine oppa. I don't like it when you think like that and Jaemin doesn't like it either.

Jimin: Okay. Let's go get some sleep.

Me: Okay.

We left the nursery room and went back into my room. He helped me back on the bed and tucked me in.

Jimin: Goodnight baby.

Me: Goodnight oppa.


Hi guys!! It's almost finished!! Jaemin has been born you guys! I believe the next chapter will be the last one. Dating An Idol is about to come to an end and I am sad to finish it, yet overwhelmed because I can now publish another fanfic I've been working on, but it has been set on private since I've been trying to finish Dating An Idol and now that it is soon coming to an end, I'll make a poll and you guys vote which fanfic you want me to release after this. I also know that the last few chapters have been rushed is because I've been unmotivated to finish this fanfic and I kind of didn't want to drag it even longer to the point it's not interesting anymore, so I'm sorry if it seemed rushed. Anyways I'll see you guys in our finale chapter! 안녕! 평!