graduation day!!

dating an idol

Mi Do: I can't believe we're done with high school!

Me: I know! Now we can finally achieve our theatre degree and make it into the acting world!

Mi Do: I know! I'm more happy that we got into the same school together! I thought one of us weren't going to make it.

Me: I know. *sigh* I'm happy. Let's go celebrate!

Mi Do: Right now?

Me: After the ceremony dummy.

Mi Do: I'm going to celebrate with my family.

Me: What? Am I not invited?

Mi Do: I thought you were busy?

Me: Busy with what?

Mi Do: With your family.

Me: *sigh* They're not coming..

Mi Do: How come? It's your big day. They should be here to congratulate you!

Me: I know.. *sigh* It's okay. I can come over tonight right?

Mi Do: Of course! You're always invited to our house. Let's go get into our spots in line. I'll see you after!

Mi Do walked all the way to the back and I was left alone. Yoon Mi Do has been my best friend since we were kids. Ever since then, we've been inseparable. She gets on my nerves sometimes, but so do I and that's what makes us even closer. There are times where I get very annoyed with her or she gets annoyed with me, but that's just how we communicate with each other. Some of the students thought we were sisters because we hang out a lot. We got that so much that we just decideded to go with it. We acted like sisters and now we're even closer than before. Mi Do is my best friend and I wouldn't want to replace her with anyone else. We're even taking the same classes once we enter Seoul Arts School since we're majoring in the same department.

*graduation music starts*

Fixing my cap and gown, I waited patiently for our turn to walk out of the entrance into the arena. I wasn't disappointed that my parents couldn't make it, as long as I was sharing this moment with my best friend is all that matters. My parents had never been there to watch me graduate each grade and now my high school graduation. Something every parent should find time out of their schedule to see their child graduate high school and enter college, but no. My parents are totally different than the other parent(s). My parents main focus are business related things. They were disappointed that I was going into the theatre department rather than taking business classes and getting into the business world just so I can take over their company one day, but I stood up for myself and told them that I never intended to take on such a big responsibility and decided to go my own route at life. After all, it is my life, not theirs.

-2 Hours Later-

The graduation ceremony ended and everyone left the arena. I caught up with Mi Do and exited the building together cautiously. We finally got outside and Mi Do called her parents. I checked my phone to see if I received a congratulations from my parents, but of course, nothing. *sigh* I should've known. I followed Mi Do towards her parents and greeted them as well. Mi Do's parents are like my second parents who actually cares about me. They know what my parents do so they don't ask questions as to why my parents didn't come to our graduation.

Mi Do's Mom: Jaemi are you coming with us?

Me: If that's okay with you guys?

Mi Do's Dad: Of course it is! You're like our second daughter! Let's go.

Mi Do: Wait! Appa, can you take a picture of us?

Mi Do's Dad: Of course. How do you want to do this?

Mi Do: Let's do that same pose we did on during our grade 5 photo.

Me: Okay!

We got into position and posed for the camera. In that photo we took, I was on top of Mi Do and she was on the bottom with both her arms out like an airplane and I was doing the same but had my arms opposite of hers while doing the same silly face we did.

Mi Do's Dad: Say 'cheese'! 

Mi Do: Let me see! *looks at photo*

I got besides her and looked at the picture and laughed. This is great! I call Mi Do's parents Umma and Appa, because that's what they prefer me to call them since they're like a second family to me. We started walking to the car and talked amongst ourselves.

Mi Do: Did you guys park far?

Appa: No. It's just across the street.

Mi Do: Okay. My heels are hurting my feet.

Me: Who told you to wear those? You should've gone with the other one.

Mi Do: But that one didn't match my dress.

Me: *laughs* I guess.

We finally got to the car and we all got in. On the way back to Mi Do's house, I got a call.

Me: Hello?

Eomma: It's us. How was graduation?

Me: It was okay. I thought you guys forgot.. *sulking*

Eomma: How can we forget your graduation? You finally finished high school and going to college. Did you reconsider your major?

Me: Umma, I thought we talked about this already..

Eomma: Really Jaemi? Still that theatre department?

Me: Yes and I'm not going to change my decision. 

Umma: *sigh in defeat* Fine. Have it your way. Are you heading to Mi Do's house?

Me: Yeah. There's nothing to do at home..

Eomma: You have the maids, servants and chefs.

Me: Eomma, it's not the same. Besides they all took their 3 month vacation.

Eomma: Oh right, I forgot. Well we gotta get going. We're proud of you honey. Bye!

She hung up right before I could even say bye.

Mi Do: Was that your mom?

Me: Yeah. She just called to congratulate us.

Mi Do: At least they called.

Me: Yeah.

Appa: Well, here we are. Let's go inside.

Mi Do: How come it looks like there's no one here?

Eomma: Appa closed the shop just for us to celebrate this special day!

Mi Do: Are you serious?

Appa: Of course. Let's go inside.

We all got out of the car and headed inside. Mi Do and I walked over to her room to take off our gown and cap.

Mi Do: *sigh of relief* I feel better.

Me: Are you keeping those?

Mi Do: Should I?

Me: I don't know. If you want to, but weren't you just complaining that they hurt your feet?

Mi Do: True. Do you think I can return it?

Me: Mi Do, Mi Do you threw away the reciept.

Mi Do: Oh right.

I grabbed my phone and logged onto my Twitter.

Mi Do: Checking out BTS again?

Me: Yes.

Mi Do: Aigoo, you and BTS.

Me: Hehe, love you too.

Mi Do: Let's head downstairs.

We walked downstairs and were surprised by all the chicken and many other foods. Mi Do's family owns  fried chicken place and I honestly never get tired of eating their chicken! It's the best!

Mi Do: Did you guys order all of this?

Appa: Yeah. We'd figure that Jaehee was coming over too, so we got a few of her favorites too. Come sit down you two and let's eat!

We both sat down and started eating! I felt like I was in heaven. Everything was perfect and tasted perfectly cooked as well.

Me: This is so good! The chicken is always perfectly cooked whenever I eat it!

Appa: Of course! Everytime I make fried chicken, it has to be cooked perfectly!

-An Hour Later After Eating-

Mi Do: That was delicious! I'm so full!

Me: Me too! Everything was perfect to the last bite.

Eomma: Well don't finish yet, because dessert is next!

Both of them walked over to the kitchen and came out holding a cake!

Eomma & Appa: Congratulations Jaemi and Mi Do! Quick blow out the candles together!

We stood up from our seat and blew out the candles. Grabbing a plate, I took out the candles and put them on the plate. Eomma grabbed a knife and cute the cake for each of us. The cake was nor too big or too small but perfect. 

Eomma: Let's dig in some more!

We all ate the cake at the same time and laughed. I love spending time with Mi Do's family because they make me feel like I'm a part of an actual family. To be honest, I like being with Mi Do's family rather than my own. Considering my parents are rarely home and I'm just home with the staff, it gets a bit boring. We all finished the cake and I helped gather all the dishes in the sink and Mi Do and I washed them while umma and appa rest.

-20 Minutes Later-

We finally finished washing the dishes and walked over to the table.

Eomma: Now that we're done, let's do some singing! Yeobo bring out the karaoke machine!

Appa: Okay!

Mi Do: I'm an expert at karaoke!

Me: Are you sure? Need I remind you about last time we karaoke?

Mi Do: *laughs* No!

Appa came down with the karaoke machine Mi Do and I use all the time whenever we would have karaoke night with eomma and appa. Appa started plugging the machine to the tv and it was time to start.

Appa: Alright, who should start first?

Mi Do: Let's do teams!

Eomma: Teams? This is new.

Appa: Yeah. We never do teams.

Mi Do: I'll team up with Jaemi. Eomma and Appa together.

Eomma: Are we betting something?

Mi Do: No.

Appa: Is there a penalty?

Mi Do: Yes!

Eomma: What's the penalty?

Mi Do: The losing team has to sing a song chosen by the winning team.

Eomma: Are you serious?

Appa: Well that's not fair.

Mi Do: What's not fair?

Eomma: Jaemi and you had singing lessons. How about Jaemi with me and appa with you Mi Do?

Mi Do: Deal!

I walked over to eomma and we started the game. *Mi Do and her games!*

-After 10 Songs-

Me: Well looks like we won. Losing team has to sing the song the winning team chooses.

Mi Do: No fair.

Me: It was your idea to do teams.

Appa: Mi Do you should've never done teams.

Eomma and I discussed what song they were going to sing and we found the perfect one.

Me: Alright. The losing team has to sing Park Hyun Bin Shabang Shabang.

Mi Do: Are you serious?!

Me: Don't look at me. Eomma picked it out.

Appa: Honeyy

Eomma: Yes? You guys lost and plus you used to sing this song when we were dating.

Mi Do and appa both sang the song and finished it perfectly! Eomma and I clapped while laughing.

Mi Do: I hate you guys.

Me: We love you too!

Eomma: It's getting late.

Appa: Yeah. Jaemi do you need us to send you home?

Mi Do: She's sleeping over.

Appa: She is?

Me: I am? *confused*

Mi Do: Yeah. You have to. Being home alone is scary.

Eoma: It is. Stay here for the night.

Me: Alright.

I don't know how I got into this, but I'm glad I'm sleeping over. yes being home would be lonely, but not scary. We literally have security cameras all around my house and it's also gated. Mi Do and I walked back upstairs to her room and she gave me a set of pjs. Walking to the bathroom, I took a quick shower and put on my pjs. Walking back to her bedroom, I set my dirty cothes aside and grabbed my phone. Going on Instagram, I just scrolled down my newsfeed and saw so many posts about today and I saw the picture Mi Do and I took earlier on her page. Liking it, I posted a picture of mine with Mi Do as well. Just a bit more decent looking one and edited it a little to match my Instagram feed. Mi Do came back after her shower.

Mi Do: BTS?

Me: Noo.. I'm editing a picture we took earlier and uploading it on Instagram.

Mi Do: Which one are you posting?

Me: This one. *shows her the edited photo*

Mi Do: That one's nice.

Me: I know.

I quickly finished the edit an posted it. Turning my phone off and charging it, I laid down on the bed and fell asleep once Mi Do turned off the lights. 


Hey guys! How are you all doing? Is anyone going to KCON LA? I'm not going :( I want to go so bad but I don't have money!! :( BTS is performing on Sunday along with other idols and I want to go see them! I want to see Jimin Oppa!! And MIN SUGA! And Rap Mon, V, Jinnie, Hobi and Kookie!! :( Anyways I'm off to go start on chapter 2! 안녕 평!