Chapter 8

Our Cinderella Story (BTS Jungkook)

Hello everyone! I am back and I am so so sorry for being inactive for so long! I just started college last fall and it has been hectic. I hope you all enjoy this update and my future updates as well. Thanks for all the support and don't forget to vote and comment if you like this chapter ♡

-Jiyoon's POV-
I got back home from the bus ride and rushed back to my room. The moment I got into my bed, I let my tears fall. They've been threatening to fall ever since I told Jungkook that maybe our relationship wasn't good for the wedding situation. I finally thought that I would have at least someone in my life that will make me happy, but I guess my step family will take him from me too.

I cried throughout the night not caring about the chores or homework. The next thing I knew, I fell asleep.

- BEEP BEEP BEEP -
My alarm woke me up. Crap, I slept through all my alarms; this one was the last one. Minseo and Eunseo are gonna beat my for not making breakfast. I can hear them already.

I rushed to wash up and get everything ready for school. I ran down the stairs to find breakfast already cooked and the two devils eating. I was about to head to the stove to grab some food when Minseo stopped me.

"Jiyoon, darling, would you like to join us for some nice breakfast?" She said with the fakest smile ever.

"I'd love to but I'll be late to school," I replied. I don't want my day to start off with them yelling at me again.

"Oh but sweetie I insist that you eat with us. I have some important things to talk to you about." Eww, why is she being so nice and calling me sweetie.

I hesitated but pulled a chair across from the two.

"What is it that is so important step-mother?"

Minseo looked so irritated that I called her anything that would suggest we're related but she held her tongue.

"Well, after last night's dinner flop, I'm sure you'll be considering attending Jungkook and Eunseo's wedding."

"Actually, I don't think I'll be going."

"Oh honey, why not? Isn't Jungkook your very close friend? I'm sure he'll be upset if you aren't there." Minseo is smiling so much right now, I don't know what to feel.

"I just think if I go, things will not go well."

"Well, you must go," Eunseo said out of nowhere.

"And why is that?" I gave her a weird look.

"Because I need a bridesmaid and why not make my step-sister one? After all, we are family." Eunseo smirked.

I was shocked. I can't believe I will be forced to attend the wedding. They knew that this would hurt me even more. They just love rubbing salt in the wounds. However, I can't show them weakness.

"Well if you need my help with the wedding, I guess I have no choice." I responded quietly.

"Oh that's lovely darling! I have the dress and everything ready for you!"

This is probably the best treatment I'll ever get from these two.

"I think I'll get going to school now. Thanks for the food."

- School Hallway -
Man, that breakfast took up so much time. I'll be dead if I show up late to class.

UUMPH.

Why do I keep bumping into people?! I rushed to pick up my stuff when the guy I bumped into helped me out.

"Thanks."

"Why do you keep bumping into me babe? And why haven't you been texting me?" Dang it. I was hoping to avoid him. Who knows what an interaction with him will do to me today.

"Jungkook, I thought I told you that our relationship will make your life harder with the wedding and everything. Please, just pretend I don't exist."

Jungkook's cute smile faded. My heart is about to shatter.

"But Jiyoon-"

"Please just leave me alone. Please."

"But Jiyoon you're my girlfriend!"

"Was. I was your girlfriend. It's not good for you to have a fiance and girlfriend who are two different people. I'll see ya around."

And just like that, I pushed my way passed Jungkook and rushed to class.

"Park Jiyoon you're late!" The teacher scolded.

"I'm so sorry. A family emergency came up." I bowed and quickly headed to my desk. From the corner of my eye, I saw Eunseo smile the most evil smile ever.