This Can't Be Happening

Our Cinderella Story (BTS Jungkook)

Author's note: Hello to all my readers! I know it's been quite a while since I updated anything here. So sorry for that. High school is pretty crazy and I'm graduating in a few months! YAAAY! I hope this chapter doesn't disappoint you guys and thanks so much for reading and voting my fanfic! 

-Jungkook's POV-
-3 weeks later-

"Jungkook! Get out of bed and come finish the final wedding preparations!"

I got out of bed just so my mom would stop nagging me. Sheesh. I gotta do everything she says and she won't let Jiyoon come over for dinner yet. It's been 3 weeks already...

I walked down the stairs and saw my mom sitting at the dining table with a catalog for wedding decorations.

"Good morning sweetie, Eunseo will be here any minute to decide the decorations with you. Then the wedding will be all set," said Omma.

"Omma,"

"Hmm?"

"When can Jiyoon come over? It's been 3 weeks."

"Has it really?" Omma said while flipping through the pages.
"She can come tonight if you would like."

"Really?!"

"Yeah sure, why not."

"Thank you Omma! I'll tell her right away."

Finally, I can give Jiyoon the dinner I promised her. I feel so bad, I've been pushing it off for 3 weeks all because of this stupid wedding.

-Last Week-

Jiyoon walked with me through the park holding my hand, looking as beautiful as she can be. 

"Kookie?"

"Yes babe?"

"What ever happened to that dinner at your house?" Jiyoon pouted. . My mom hasn't approved of a date yet.

"I-I'm so sorry Jiyoon. It's just, my mom is keeping me busy with the family wedding and stuff." 

"Haha I was just joking around Jungkook. If you can't find a time, we can always do something else. I don't have to have dinner at your house~"

Her smile was so pure and beautiful that I dreaded the wedding even more. If my mom doesn't like Jiyoon, then my love will have to get her heart broken...by me...

-Now-

I texted Jiyoon to let her know. Finally, I can keep my promise to my lovely girlfriend.

~ding dong~

"Ahhh my precious daughter-in-law is here!" My mother rushed into the door to let Eunseo in.

"Hi Mrs. Jeon. How are you today?" Eunseo beamed.

"Oh Eunseo, honey, please you can call me Omma."

Eugh. 

Eunseo looked at me and said "good morning Oppa!"

Ugggghhh I hate it when girls call me oppa. She's not even younger than me >:c

She sat down next me and hooked her arm with mine. 

"Let's pick out our stuff okay?" Eunseo jumped right into the book. I didn't really care about what she picked. I just sat there and let her pick everything. All I could think about was dinner tonight with Jiyoon. 

Several hours passed by but all the decorations were finally done. All of our - I mean -  the wedding preparations were done. I quickly got dressed and went to pick up Jiyoon.

I parked right in front of her house and knocked on the door. I was hoping that Ms. Kim wouldn't open the door. 

The door creaked open. YES! My prayers have been answered.

Jiyoon stood in front of me, adorable as always, in a nice casual dress, and ready to go. I held onto her hand, turned her around, and have her the biggest hug ever. 

"I missed you Jiyoon."

"I missed you too Kookie," she giggled.

We finally arrived back at my house. I was extremely scared. I don't want her heart to get broken. She's so precious to me. It already hurts just thinking about what might happen to us.

She introduced herself to my mom and I recognized my mom's fake smile from anywhere.

We ate our dinner while my mom made small talk with Jiyoon. Once dessert was served, Omma put down her spoon.

"So Jiyoon, are you coming to the wedding?"

I froze. No. She can't be doing this. Not now.

"Wedding?" Jiyoon asked.

"Oh have you not heard?! My son here is getting married! Since you're such close friends with Jungkook, I thought you should definitely be a guest at his wedding."

I can't believe she just did that. Jiyoon's face was blank. She turned and looked at me.

"Jungkook, are you really getting married?" 

"I..."

"Well of course he is! Here is the wedding invitation. You're the first one to receive one. You should feel special Jiyoon," Omma interrupted. 

"Thank you Mrs. Jeon. I...I think I will go home now." Jiyoon stood up and headed for the door. "Thank you for the dinner. The food was really good. I'll see you around at school tomorrow Jungkook."

Jiyoon walked out without looking at me. I immediately ran after her.

"Yah Jeon Jungkook where are you going?!" Omma shouted.

I ran around the corner and saw Jiyoon walking. I called out to her.

"Jiyoon! Wait! Please!" 

She just kept walking. I ran even faster and finally caught up to her. Damn, she's a fast walker. I grabbed her shoulder and turned her around to face me.

There she was, my beautiful girlfriend standing in front of me while I'm huffing and puffing. 

"Jiyoon, let me explain, please." 

"You don't have to explain anything Jungkook. You're getting married. That's great so congratulations. I'll see you around tomorrow." She turned around again but I stopped her once more.

"Babe it's not what you think."

"Jungkook, if you're getting married, I don't think it's a good idea to have a girlfriend on the side. I don't want to complicate your life any further. I'll see you around." 

She slipped out of my grip, turned away and walked to the bus stop. The bus just happened to stop by and she was gone. I can't believe I lost her this fast. There were so many things I wanted to do with her, but now, I won't be able to. She doesn't want to be with me anymore. 

I watched the bus slowly drive by. I looked at the bus windows. I saw Jiyoon's head resting against the window. She didn't look at me at all. I had no other choice but to walk back home.

-5 minutes later-

I walked back in the house where Omma was waiting. 

"Yah where did you run off to?! Do you know how worried I was? How dare you run off after that servant girl!"

"She's not a servant girl," I said through gritted teeth. 

"What did you say?"

"I said, she's. Not. A. Servant. Girl. She's my happiness. She's everything to me. Yet you always happen to take away my happiness." I didn't even notice my voice slowly rising. 

"How dare you raise your voice at your mother!"

"You took away everything from me Omma! I do everything you want me to yet I don't get to be happy. I'm tired of you always thinking about your status and money. Jiyoon isn't a servant girl. She's the best girl I've ever met in my life. I love her and you pushed her away. What are you gonna take away next huh? I have nothing left here. If you lay a finger on my hyungs at school or Jiyoon again, you'll regret it."

"You ungrateful son! I spent all this time helping you prepare so that your wedding will be spectacular!"

"Who's wedding? It sure as hell isn't my wedding. I'm not going!"

"You're going whether you like it or not. Your whole future is already planned with Eunseo. Don't ruin it child."

"Congratulations Omma, you officially took away your son's happiness. I'll make sure I arrange a trophy for you." 

I turned around and headed to my room, ignoring all of the shouting from Omma. 

I laid in my bed thinking about what just happened. I'm going to be legally tied with a , the girl I love doesn't want me anymore, and my mom is crazy. My phone buzzed. I grabbed my phone hoping it was Jiyoon. She would always text me after dinner. I was just a reminder to study for next week's test. I tossed my phone aside and felt a tear slide down my cheek.