I Cause a Misunderstanding

Death Brought Me You

Special shout out to ottokajibear and Angel28 for commenting on my last chapter. This chapter is dedicated for you two!


Ma Ri POV

Being held up for those Seventeen boys to see was not what I call a subtle introduction. I was wearing a skirt for crying out loud! I do not enjoy being treated like a thing. The only people who could do that to me were my brother and parents, and the only reason my parents could do that was because of my brother. I was not going to be treated like that by anyone else.

"OUR CHAN HAS A GIRLFRIEND!" shouted out the guy holding me up.

The other members of Seventeen's jaws dropped as they continued to stare at me. I frowned. I was not going to continue being held up. I brought my right leg forward and swiftly brought it back. My foot hit the poor guy right in the crotch. He quickly let go of me and I landed to the floor.

It took a moment for the others to realize what just happened. Then, they all ran to the guy I just kicked while asking if he was okay. The guy that was carrying Chan put him down and ran to the one on the floor. 

Chan, however, ran to me and hugged me.

"I'm so sorry for my hyungs. Please forgive them Yoonie," he begged.

The others looked at him with wide eyes. "YOONIE?!"

I broke off Chan's hug and bowed. "Hello, my name is Son Yoonmi. I am a first year, and I do not enjoy being held up like an object."

The others bowed back, still in shock. I noticed two guys and bowed again deeply. "I apologize for kicking your friend in his . . . precious area, Prince Jisoo and Prince Hansol."

Jisoo shook his head. "No need. It was my friend that was the one that held you up like an object. If anything, I should be the one to apologize."

I almost smiled, almost. Prince Jisoo was true to his nickname, always acting like a gentleman.

One of the guys, a slightly chubby looking one, came forward. "So are you our Chan's girlfriend?"

Another guy, this time one with long hair, came out and hit the guy on the head. "Don't be ridiculous, Seungkwan. Chan is our maknae. There's no way that he would get a girlfriend first. Chan, whose baby are you?"

"Jeonghan's," answered Chan. 

I almost laughed right then and there because of how ridiculous the situation was. I just kicked their friend in his most precious area and they were arguing if I was Chan's girlfriend or not. Maybe I should put on a little show, I was an actor after all.

I hugged Chan and pouted cutely. "Channie is not your baby, he is mine!"

Chan began blushing as Jeonghan fainted and fell into the arms of another member who reminded me of a camel. His friends were so amusing.

A guy that I recognized to be Kwon Soonyoung stepped up. "I remember now! You were that ghost girl!"

"Ghost girl? Really Hyung?" questioned a short boy with pink hair.

"Chan's girlfriend is a ghost?" asked an emo looking guy.

"So she is Chan's girlfriend?" asked the tallest.

"Junhui Hyung and I saw them hugging," added the guy that carried Chan.

"That means that they're dating right?" questioned a guy that was smiling.

Chan was blushing like crazy by then. "HYUNGS!"

They all stopped and looked at him.

"We aren't dating. Yoonie was just my first friend when I transferred over here. She saved me from some bullies and helped me meet Soonyoung Hyung."

I hugged Chan protectively and made him blush even more. "I'm actually a 01 liner."

I smirked as their eyes widened once more. It was so satisfying to see the great Seventeen act like jealous friends, but then I remembered what I was doing before being led away by Chan. I looked at Chan and pecked his cheek. "Sorry Channie, but I have to go home now. I promise I'll teach you my moves later. I just don't like attention." Then I looked at the others and bowed. "Please take care of Channie. It was nice to meet you all and I apologize for kicking your friend."

Jisoo was the first to recover and quickly blocked the door. "Please let us make it up to you."

"Please excuse me Prince Jisoo, but I really have to go home now. It's the weekend and my parents are expecting me." 

I wasn't lying. I really did have to go home, but it was to report to my parents and begin my hell again. I wanted to stay with Chan and his friends. I wanted friends. I was lonely. I finally found a friend after 4 years of suffering and being alone.

Jisoo thought about it for a moment. "Then meet us here on Monday. We'll make it up to you."

I tilted my head and thought about it. I should be able to come back Monday since I am able to complete my missions quickly, so I nodded.

Chan ran up and gripped my shoulders. "Promise me that you won't disappear again. You have to promise me Yoonie." His voice sounded desperate and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

I held out my pinky which he took quickly. "I promise, Channie."

And with that, I went out the door and back to hell.


Chan POV

Mingyu Hyung smirked at me. "Just friends huh?"

I blushed, remembering how she kissed me on the cheek, but nodded firmly.

"I didn't know that you had such a cute female friend," teased Seokmin Hyung.

Seungkwan Hyung stepped forward. "Yeah Chan. When were you going to introduce us? If not for Junhui Hyung, we would have never met her."

"B-but you don't understand! Yoonie disappeared right before Soonyoung Hyung came and I haven't seen her until now! You don't even know how hard I tried to find her. I asked all her classmates and they didn't even know who she was!" I quickly explained. Then I blushed, "By the way, please don't call her cute. She's like my hero and I want to keep that image of her as much as possible."

"AWWWWW, OUR CHAN IS GROWING UP!" 

I pouted and yelled back, "I'm not a baby anymore!"



Seungcheol POV

I didn't trust her. Something told me that she was dangerous. Call me judgmental, I don't care. It was my job to make sure that my childhood friend and first prince of the kingdom, Jisoo, was always safe, and I took my job very seriously. 

I dragged Jeonghan, Junhui, and Minghao into a separate room from the rest while they were teasing Chan.

"What's up Cheol?" asked Jeonghan.

I looked at them straight in the eyes. "I need to know how you all feel about that Son Yoonmi girl. I don't want to seem too harsh, but I, for one, can't bring myself to believe that that girl is all she seems to be."

The three all looked down. This was a very serious conversation and they all understood that.

Jeonghan looked up first and we all looked at him eagerly. "I don't trust her."

"Something seems off about her," confessed Minghao.

"Chan's story doesn't help her either and when I was holding her up, she was extremely light. Also, when she kicked me, I don't think she used a lot of strength. I don't know about you guys, but Minghao and I were trained to not let that be our weakest point. Her kick held no hesitation in it," added Junhui.

Minghao nodded in agreement. "Also, Junhui Hyung and I have been trained to be able to erase our presence, yet that Yoonmi girl was able to find us right away."

I bit my lower lip. "Well . You two were the top of your private classes, too. I'm afraid she might be using Chan to get closer to Jisoo and or Hansol."

I looked at the three. "Jeonghan, I want you to always be with Jisoo no matter what. Junhui, I want you to watch over Hansol. Minghao, you'll be with Chan as per Soonyoung's instructions. Understood?"

The three saluted.

"What about you Cheol?" asked Jeonghan curiously.

"Me? I'll of course be watching over Son Yoonmi."



Ma Ri POV

Going back 'home' was always a pain. I had to take this long, tiring walk to get back to my parents' lab. I reached up, held my necklace, and closed my eyes. It gave me peace of mind and helped me 'switch' characters. I opened my eyes again and my expression changed.

Now I was Min Ma Ri, a cold-hearted assassin with 95 kills by the age of 14. 

I took a deep breath and began walking. 

After about 10 minutes, someone began following me. I smirked and sped up. The stalker also sped up. I took a few turns and the person was still following me.

This person's good.

I dashed behind a corner and took a secret passageway that only I knew of. When I came out, there was no one, and honestly, it was a little disappointing. They could only do that much huh? I guess they weren't worth my time.

I was soon within 5 minutes of arriving at my destination and my footsteps got heavier with every step. I didn't want to have to go back, I never did. It was like volunteering for your own death, which I had essential done but we aren't going to talk about that anymore.

I finally arrived at the lab and knocked on the door. My mother quickly opened it and pulled me inside. She dragged me by the arm to the lab station and forcefully shoved me inside. I took off my uniform and put on the gown. Afterwards, I stepped into the testing chamber and strapped myself to the chair.

It was a process I've done so many times that I did everything like a robot. I was just a doll that my parents played with. It was nothing new and nothing surprising, so why was my heart racing like it was?

I looked at my mom who carried a syringe towards me. It was probably a stronger poison than last week's. My mom inserted the syringe and left to reunite with my dad. 

The poison circulated through my body quickly and my body began to heat up. My eyes widened at the realization. It was different. Why was the poison different?! I looked towards my parents who were smirking towards me.

"What's wrong?" asked my mother.

My head began to pound.

"Does it feel different?"

My arms went numb.

"I heard that you made a friend at school."

My legs felt like I just ran a marathon.

My mom walked in with another syringe.

"Is that true Ma Ri?"

My chest was in so much pain and it felt like an elephant was stepping on my chest.

"Answer me before I give you another dose! I know you won't die from it since you've already built an immunity to a lot of poisons," threatened my mom.

I turned towards her, but my vision was so blurry that I could barely make out her figure.

"I-it . . . it's," I tried saying.

My mom injected the other dose.

" . . . true," I managed to say before my body was hit with another wave of pain, numbness, and other forms of torture.

After struggling for about an hour, my body finally gave up and everything went black.


Hey guys, Moozie here~

Here is another not proofread chapter, I'm sorry. Anyways, tell me whose POV you want in future chapters and I promise that I'll try my best to do so. Please leave comments and ideas, I love them. I'm welcome to any criticism. Who do you think was trying to follow Ma Ri? The answer will be in the next chapter, though I'm sure you all know who it is. I hope you enjoy this chapter and thanks to all my new subscribers for subscribing.