Safe and Sound . . . For Now

Death Brought Me You

Special shoutout to poop_reader11, xiao_hyung, Seventeen_Minghao, and LAJLover7877! This chapter is dedicated to you guys!

 

Ma Ri POV

I stopped running and stared at the scene of Jeonghan and Seungcheol arresting my parents. I was not the least bit happy. I had let them come into my world with the one requirement being to follow my instructions. They had one job! Literally! How could Jisoo disobey my one rule like that?! I thought he might've had a plan, but this one was terrible. So why was I so relieved?

"Jisoo!" I yelled.

He turned his head at the sound of my voice. A proud smile was put on his face. I ran up to him, ready to punch him.

"Look Ma Ri! Your parents won't be able to hurt you anymore now!"

That's when the thought sank in. I had almost forgotten that I could be freed, that my parents were weaker then me. I wouldn't have to be hurt like this anymore. I could finally live in peace. I dropped to my knees and looked up at Jisoo. It sounded too good to be true.

"I . . . . won't have to be hurt again?"

He gently pulled me back to my feet and wrapped his arms around me. The warmth he gave me seemed to melt my heart. I could feel my strong façade fading as I let him hold me. The thought of not having to pretend that I'm fine when I was in so much pain sounded too good to be true.

The tears just spilled out of my eyes involuntarily. They continued to pour out like a never ending spring. Words couldn't even come out of my mouth. I couldn't tell him how thankful I was. All I could say was, "Jisoo," before my voice cracked and more tears spilled out. 

As if he could sense what I was feeling, he gently my hair and rubbed my back, whispering things like, "You worked hard," or, "Let it all out." The others turned around out of respect. I guess those rich kids, excluding Channie, did have enough courtesy to let me cry in peace.

The, I suppose, 'touching' moment was spoiled when my dad started laughing. His laughter sent chills down my spine. My tears immediately stopped in fear. I hugged Jisoo a little tighter, and I may or may not have hid a bit behind him. You see, my father was not a man of many words, but the times he did speak were because he had a plan that he knew was foolproof. He didn't speak too often, much less laugh. 

I missed something. No, not missed, I forgot. What did I forget? My mind was racing. It was was like I were trying to fill in the blank for a test I didn't study for. Nothing really clicked, so I had no choice but to guess.

"Ma Ri?" Jisoo asked, noticing my tightening grip.

Before I could open my mouth to reply, my mother smiled wickedly and spoke.

"Your Highness, it is a shame really. I thought we could convince you to overturn your parents' law about human experimentation. It's quite fascinating, but," she looks at the handcuffs that were around her wrists and ankles, "I guess you don't see it in the same light."

Jisoo glared hard. "I respect my parents' decisions, especially after seeing this cruelty. I hope no one else has to be a part of this insanity."

"If I may your Highness, I'd like to have one last word with my daughter before you throw my wife and I into jail," my father requested.

I flinched when he mentioned me. I wasn't scared of my mother, but my father was a completely different story. I never felt comfortable being near him. In fact, I was always on guard whenever he was near. I could never relax.

"If you have something to say to her, you can say it to all of us." The words came from the shortest of the group, Jihoon.

My father kept a cool face. "That's fine as well. I just wanted to tell Ma Ri, you aren't alone."

I'm not alone? 

"Of course she isn't. She has us now!" yelled Channie.

No. 

That's not what he meant. 

The answer was on the tip of my tongue. 

What was it?

. . .

These god damn parents of mine have gone mad, and I'm incredibly stupid.

 

Chan POV

Ma Ri was free! I'm so happy, but I'm not going to lie, I was really scared that Ma Ri was going to be furious when she realized that we disobeyed her direct orders. When she cried in Jisoo hyung's arms, I assume she completely forgot about her chance of ever being freed. That's just how Ma Ri is though. 

Her dad is pretty stupid though. Of course Ma Ri isn't alone, not when she's got us to back her up.

. . . 

So I wonder why she looked so appalled . . .

 

Jihoon POV

Something was up. Her parents didn't even try to resist Jeonghan and Seungcheol hyung when they tied them up. Add the fact that Ma Ri hid behind Jisoo when her father started laughing, and you end up with something suspicious. She was obviously on guard around him, maybe even scared. Remembering what happened in the past few hours, I wouldn't be surprised if she was. I probably would be too. Honestly, at this point, I'm pretty sure that I'm scarred for life but whatever. YOLO I guess? God, someone kill me. YOLO? Really? That's he best I could do? How lame.

Where was I again?

Did I mention how disgusted Ma Ri looked yet? Because that's my reaction to my own words. YOLO, seriously . . . . .

 


Jisoo POV

"Seungcheol. Jeonghan. Junhui. Minghao."

The four saluted. "Yes, sir!"

"We are going home now. Bring these criminals with us and make sure they get put behind bars. Mingyu should have the enough evidence in that video," I ordered.

"Yes, sir!"

Ma Ri tugged on my shirt and looked at me with an awkward expression. "Sunbae . . . . where will I go?"

I frowned. I totally forgot about where she'd stay. She can't stay with me since I stay in the palace and it would cause a lot of fuss. Ma Ri prefers to not attract attention.

"She can stay with me!" yelled Chan.

Jihoon stepped forward. "Nah, Ma Ri's gonna be staying with me."

I gave him a questionable look. "Why can't she stay with Chan, Ji?"

Jihoon made a face. "Chan lives in a normal home with a normal family. He got into our school on a scholarship. One of our school's rules is that students are not allowed to live together, so we don't want Chan to risk losing his scholarship. Plus, I'm your best friend and rich. I can pull a few strings here and there."

"I mean, if it's okay with you then I guess Ma Ri will be staying at your house," I replied. Jihoon was rich, my best friend, famous, and lived alone. Everyone else lived with there families. It should be the safest place for Ma Ri. 

What was that? Am I worried that Jihoon might attack Ma Ri? Ha ha. That's funny. I said that Ji's rich and famous, not strong. Ma Ri could probably beat his little if she wanted to. Would she? I'm hoping not.

 

Hey guys, Moozie here~

I'M BACK! BACK FROM THE DEAD AND I GUESS MY ALMOST 5 MONTH HIATUS! Okay, okay, but seriously, you guys are the best. I have read all your comments, and each one will made me feel both guilty and special. I'm so happy that a lot of you guys like this story. I apologize for such a late chapter. My life has been quite hectic and I don't have much time for even myself. I just want to thank all of you who look forward to my updates and enjoy reading my stories. Hopefully, I can make some more time for this story and update sooner than last time. Oh, and as always, please leave comments down below about whose POV you want in the next chapter and any ideas you might have!