The Rescue Team

Death Brought Me You

Junhui POV

The car ride was pure torture. There was a heavy silence hanging in the air most of the time with Chan occasionally asking if we were close yet. No one else spoke a word, I even answered Chan with a shake of my head. I didn't want to die yet. Jihoon, Jisoo, and Chan would all kill me if the device Hyemi didn't function properly. 

Wait.

I just realized something.

My life literally depended on a small tracking device?

Wow, good job me.

I was definitely gonna get killed today.

I looked back at the screen and noticed that the dot had stopped moving. We had began to actually get closer and according to the device, we would be there in 20 minutes.

"Seungcheol Hyung."

"What? Are we almost there yet?"

"Yeah. Approximately 20 minutes still we reach the site."

Chan suddenly straightened up. "Are you serious Hyung?"

I smiled tiredly, "Yeah."

We had been traveling for about 2 hours and were basically in the middle of nowhere. We had taken 2 vans since there were going to be a lot of people. Everyone was sleeping with the exceptions of Seungcheol and Jeonghan who was driving, Chan who was too anxious to sleep, and me who was in charge of the tracking device. I can't blame them, though. None of us slept during the night, and besides Minghao who Seungcheol ordered to sleep, the rest weren't trained to be able to stay awake for a couple days and nights.

Chan was Chan, though. He was an exception.

 


"Chan wake up the others," I ordered after 10 minutes had passed. We were now only 10 minutes away and the three of us began to get restless.

Almost everyone woke up instantly, with the exception of Mingyu who just wanted sleep. Wonwoo hit him till he woke up, so it was all okay in the end.

As soon as we saw the vehicle, Seungcheol and Jeonghan stepped on the breaks and we all flooded out of the vans. Honestly, I'm sure that every single one of us could care less about the other hostages. Only one name went through our minds: Yoonmi


Ma Ri POV

I sniffled as I pulled out name tags that I just to happened to have and a marker. I looked at the Astro guys and smiled. I already knew what I was going to write.

Hey, I'm Kim Myung Jun and I was born March 5, 1994. I'm your reliable Hyung! 

Hey, MJ. I hope you enjoy our last little joke.

The name's Park Jin Woo, and I'm the leader of our group. I was born in 1996. 

You had two Jin's, you should at least be able to keep one. I'm really hoping that you will still lead these guys.

Nice to meet you! I'm Moon Bin and I'm a '98 liner! I love to eat~ 

The others have received my warning, but please don't steal anyone's food. Also, your name is too beautiful to change, I hope no one notices.

Dancing and rapping are my life! My name is Park Min Hyuk, a '99 liner!

You better keep your last promise to me, Rocky. I'll be waiting. Forgive me for giving you such a common name, but I'm sure that you'll make it special.

The not very manly, but aegyo master born in '00, Yoon San Ha here!

You don't have to become a manly guy to be the guy of my dreams because you already a stole my heart with your cuteness.

Hi. I'm Lee Dong Min, born in 

Yours is the only one I really changed. I hope you don't mind, Eunwoo. I may just be selfish, but I wanted to come up with a name for you specifically. Thank you for being my best friend these past few days. I only regret telling you my secret too late.

I pulled out a piece of paper and began writing.

Dear Myung Jun, Jin Woo, Moon Bin, Min Hyuk, San Ha, and Dong Min,
     You guys probably don't know who you or the other guys are, where you are, or even your names, but don't worry. Your names have been written on paper and taped on your chest. You six are all friends. You are now under the protection of Prince Jungkook, but you do have to go to school and get jobs. If you find yourselves struggling, try something new. Maybe Myung Jun, Moon Bin, San Ha, and Dong Min can try singing. Jin Woo and Min Hyuk should try rap. Min Hyuk knows how to dance extremely well and Moon Bin knows how to dance, too. I hope you guys stay safe and stay happy.
Best wishes ~A Past Friend

A tear slid down my cheek. It felt like someone had taken a knife and stabbed me in the chest with it. Why did everyone that treat me well have bad endings? It wasn't fair. Yes, I know life isn't fair, but it was being especially unfair to those that were kind to me. I hated it. I hated who I was, and I hated those whose lives had taken a turn for the worse after treating me with so much generosity.

Thank you for existing.

Those were Eunwoo's last words to me. I felt guilty. Those should have been my words, but he was the one who had said them. My existence caused you and your friends your memories and life.

I looked up at Eunwoo's sleeping face. He seemed to be at peace, happy even, but his position looked uncomfortable. I wasn't about to let him get stiff neck, so I placed his head on Moonbin's shoulder. I looked at the other members and they were all in an uncomfortable position. I began placing their heads on the others' shoulders and made them all hold hands. I wanted to make sure that they had each others' comfort and that they wouldn't go through this alone.

I smiled at my work. I felt like a mother taking care of her big babies. It didn't matter that they were all older than me since they didn't really act like it. 

Tears began streaming down my face. It hurt. It hurt so bad to know that they would never remember me. It hurt to know that I wouldn't be able to see them again. It hurt to know that they might get lost and end up hurt. It hurt. It hurt so much.

I hugged Eunwoo tightly and began crying. "What do I do Eunwoo?" I asked through my sobs. "Not only my brother, but you guys as well," I cried. "Who will leave me next? I don't want to be alone anymore! What do I do to stop people from leaving me?" Eunwoo remained unconscious and left me to drown in my own tears. 

"Please," I begged, "Please help me, Eunwoo . . ."

 

My tears had stopped and I was sitting across from the Astro guys. My expression was blank and my eyes were dead. I'm sure that if anyone saw me, they would think I was a corpse. I just couldn't move. My whole body felt numb as I sat down there pathetically. 

I pitied myself for being so weak. I thought I had changed, but I was still the same as four years ago. Nothing had changed. I was still a pathetic little girl who couldn't protect anyone. Why? I had worked so hard for so long. Why couldn't I protect anyone? 

Losing the Astro guys was the last straw. I was done. I was done trying to become someone I could never be. The only thing I was going to do was protect Eunwoo and the others from anyone and anything that might hurt them from the shadows. I would listen to my parents and kill without hesitation. Simple. It would be so simple.

The door to the truck began to open, but as long as they didn't try to take Eunwoo and them, I could care less about who they were.


Jisoo POV

We all ran out of the vans and towards the hostages. Two girls ran towards me with open arms, but Jeonghan and Junhui stepped in front of me and stopped them. 

"Sorry we're late ladies," said Jeonghan smoothly.

Junhui sent some y gazes at the girls and they seemed to melt under his stare. "Don't worry, we're here to help you."

Seungcheol smirked at his friends' actions. "Jeonghan, Junhui, Wonwoo, Hansol, Seungkwan, and Seokmin," he ordered, "stay here and comfort our guests."

I scanned through the group and noticed a certain someone. I immediately bowed, "Please forgive our kingdom for allowing such a thing happen to you," I glanced up, "Prince Jungkook."

I ignored the others' gasps and concentrated on the person in front of me. I gulped nervously.

"Don't worry about it! It was kind of boring since I had to act like was weak, but thanks to that, I met a really interesting girl!" Jungkook replied excitedly. 

I looked around at the mention of 'interesting girl'. I couldn't find her. "Do you know where we can find this interesting girl you spoke of?"

He nodded and pointed towards the truck, "She's in there. We made a deal earlier so I was letting her do what she wanted."

I nodded and the rest of us immediately ran towards the truck. I lifted the door and almost dropped it when I saw what was inside. Six guys were unconscious and all holding hands for who know what reason, but what almost made me drop the door was Yoonmi. She was sitting, if you could call her position sitting, across from the six guys. She wasn't injured in any way, but she was just sitting there, looking at the six guys with an unfocused stare. Her eyes, my god, they just broke my heart. There was no life, no focus, no nothing. They were just empty. Her breathtaking gray eyes seemed to voids holding only tiredness, but in a way, it was beautiful, beautifully heartbreaking.


Hello guys, Moozie here~

Okay, let me start with an apology. I'm so sorry that I haven't updated for a whole month. I was experiencing a writer's block, so every time I tried writing a new chapter, I was completely dissatisfied. But now it's over! Yay! I'm really hoping that you guys liked this double update. This is my first time doing it so I hope you guys are happy and will forgive me. Also, I didn't want to do ruin this double update with a shoutout at the top so I'm going to do it in my author's note.

Shoutout to WonZiGyuMin for commenting on my last chapter!

Special shoutout to Live_JasmineV for correcting me on my first chapter! (I can't believe I put December 30 for Christmas, so thank you so much for correcting me on that!)

Okay, carrying on now. Time for the usual. Please comment down below about any ideas you have for my story, an scenes you wish to request, any member's POV you want to see, basically ANYTHING and I will do my best to make it happen. I welcome criticism and am always looking forward to your comments. I don't bite so please leave some comments! Hm, I think that's it, right?

NOPE.

TO MY NEW SUBSCRIBERS - WELCOME TO THE FAMILY AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY!

TO MY OLD SUBSCRIBERS - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STAYING THIS LONG! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND I LOVE YOU ALL.

Okay, thanks the end. I hope you guys enjoyed these two chapters and I think I'm going to try to update every other week at the bare minimum. Anyways, I hope you guys will forgive me for not updating in a whole month for this double update!