Meeting Lee Chan

Death Brought Me You

 Hey guys. I know I haven't talked to you in a while, okay 2 years, but at least it's less than last time right? God I'm such a loser. I'm already 14 and here I am talking to imaginary people and writing in a diary. But seriously, I seem desperate don't I? It's not like it really matters though, this is my story after all. 

Anyways, I guess I should update you guys on these past two years right? Don't answer that because I'm going to tell you anyways. So, like I said earlier, I am now 14 years old. My parents still continued to inject me with stronger poisons every other day so now I have an even stronger immunity, but it still hurt like hell. (Yes, I'm still going to complain all I want. Deal with it) I now have the stamina of an elite athlete thanks to all the running I had to do and not bragging or anything, but I can hack into any system, including the kingdom's top security. I also attended junior high for the last year and was offered a scholarship into Pledis Academy, the most elite school for the rich, nobles, and even royalty. 

However, I am still a spy. It is a fact I can't deny and it isn't something I'm proud of. I've killed 95 people already it feels like I'm slowly dying even though I'm the one doing the killing. Almost all of my targets were terrified when I went to kill them, and it hurt so bad. I remember all their names of course, and I felt so guilty killing them when they haven't even done anything bad to me, but it was the only way I could protect my brother. 

Speaking of which, I haven't seen or talked to my brother in four years. I wasn't allowed to make any contact with him as part of my contract but it was killing me. I missed him so much. The only thing I had to remind myself of him was the necklace he gave me for my tenth birthday. It keeps me strong, but I still feel like dying. Everyday is like hell and I don't know how much more I can take. 

Actually, forget what I just said. That was too depressing. Sorry about that. Anyways, I do have good news. I convinced my parents to let me go to Pledis Academy since I got the scholarship for it. It didn't take much to be honest. My parents were ecstatic when I got the scholarship and already gave me my next mission.

Mission #96 - Attend Pledis Academy and obtain information that can be used for blackmail



I walked through the excessively designed entrance. I was finally going to attend high school like a normal person, for the most part anyways. I walked into the auditorium and listened to the boring speech given out by the principal. I was so excited. Call me weird but going to high school was like a dream for me, but I did have to obey one rule given to me but my parents.

Don't attract attention to myself.

It was a simple rule and I didn't really mind it. I was just happy enough to be allowed to go to school. High school life here I come.


One month later. . .

Okay, I take back what I said earlier. Not attracting attention to myself was extremely boring. It wasn't that it was a hard role to act out, it was just the fact that being a nobody meant no friends, no socializing, no talking whatsoever. Nobody noticed me and the classes weren't any different without me. In fact, even my teacher sometimes forgot that I was there. Should I continue complaining? I'm not even going to listen to your answer because I'm going to tell you anyways. No one pays attention to me, I already learned all the lessons that they were teaching us, the school is so corrupt that I don't know where to even begin with that, and everyday I have to listen to all the girls screaming for a group of 12 guys. I don't even understand how they remember all their names. Ugh, this was not how I imagined my high school life, not that I did that. And the worst part is that I haven't seen my brother yet. Yoongi loved music and was talented. He should be attending Pledis Academy, yet I didn't get to see him. Everything was stressing me out.

Oh, and if you didn't already know, since I am a spy and spys tend to go undercover, I was going to Pledis under a different name.

Welcome to the world of Son Yoonmi. If anyone asked, my background went something like this: My parents were part of the kingdom's elite group of scientists. I was an only child and got into Pledis on a scholarship for my acting and athletic ability. I was the quiet wallflower that never drew attention to herself. 

Quite cliche if I do say so myself. It was cheesy, but it was my role to play and execute perfectly.

Now let me get back to the actual story.

I was just walking to my next class when I heard a loud noise. I looked over and saw a group of girls ganging up on a short boy. I knew those girls. They were some kids who got in because they were rich and thought they were better than everybody. They were honestly just a group of snobby rich kids, but I did know their names; Haerin, Hyemi, and Soohyun. It wsa part of my job to know all the students names, especially the ones that were easy targets for blackmail. The only problem was that I didn't know who the boy was. He was quite the cutie and seemed like an innocent child, but I never saw him before. He was already beaten up prety badly and it pained my heart to see him like that. I didn't know his name, but I couldn't stand bullying. Yes, I do realize that I sound ridiculous considering I kill people, but at least I made sure it was painless. I looked away and took a few steps. 

I wanted to help the kid, though I was pretty sure that we were the same age, but I couldn't attract attention to myself. That wouldn't be good.

I looked back at the cute boy who was being called all kinds of insults and getting kicked like a poor puppy. I closed my eyes and sighed.

I was going to be in so much trouble later.

I walked towards the bullies and the boy without them noticing. I stopped when I got behind the girls and karate chopped their necks just hard enough so that it would knock them out, but soft enough to not leave any mark. The boy looked at me with wide eyes and jaw already dropped. No one else was in the hallway since the bell would ring soon so it was just me, the cute boy that I just saved, and the three girls that were unconsious. I extended my hand without a word to which the boy gladly took. 

The boy looked at me with admiration and as much as I liked the attention, I couldn't get attached. I looked at the boy coldly, but he didn't seem to notice.

"You're like a superhero! You were so cool! How did you do that? Can you teach me?" asked the boy excitedly. 

I mentally laughed. Oh my god was this boy cute. It was like he was a puppy wagging its tail happily, but I didn't show any emotions and just grabbed his arm. "What class?"

"Um, I think right now is math!" The boy answered happily. "I'm Lee Chan! What's your name?"

I ran to his math class and push him through the door with a slight smile, "SonYoonmi, nice meeting you and I'll consider teaching you."

The boy beamed as he rushed to his seat. I closed the door and ran back to my class. I slipped inside without a sound and sat at me seat. The teacher didn't catch me. 

I stared through the window as I thought about the boy I saved. As I've said many times before, he was cute, but not my type. Let's just get that cleared up. He said his name was Lee Chan, huh? He was a good kid. I wouldn't mind hanging out with him again.

I thought about Chan until class ended and the bell rang. I wish I got to speak with him more. Maybe I could be allowed to make at least one friend.


Hi guys, Moozie here~

FINALLY! I am finally getting to meeting Seventeen! I apologize for taking so long on getting to the actual meeting. I just wanted to give you guys the whole background story of Ma Ri. Please don't be a silent reader and give me some feedback and leave your thoughts. I welcome criticism. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this short chapter and I'll try to make them longer.