My Own Request

Death Brought Me You

Third Person POV

The group of guys finally walked out of the room and towards the exit, but not before a older couple went in front of them. The couple had tears in their eyes and reminded them of a certain someone.

"Have you seen our daughter, Son Yoonmi?" they asked, "We've been looking but we can't find her anywhere." 

The guys were shocked by the name and couldn't seem to form words.

Chan stepped forward and took their hands in his with a smile. "Don't worry! We are going to go to find your daughter and the other missing people. We are simply playing hide-and-seek. Son Yoonmi is a hider, we are the seekers!" He looked back at the others, "Right, Hyungs?"

The others smiled at the couple sweetly.

"That's right," replied Jihoon, "and Yoonmi is a really good hider."


Ma Ri POV

Acting like you're a helpless little girl was really tiring, not to mention uncomfortable. 

It has only been a few hours since I was captured. I was tied, gagged and put into the back of a truck with the others. The 2 of the hostages were completely overwhelmed. There were two girls and three guys. They were wearing top quality clothing so they were probably part of a high ranking family. The intruders were probably planning to threaten them in front of their families and ask for a lot of money.

I easily untied the ropes and took the rag out of my mouth. The others stared at me in disbelief. I walked over to them only took the rags out of their mouths. Right now, I was Min Ma Ri. There was no trace of Son Yoonmi to be seen.

"Hey you," stuttered one of the girls, "Aren't you going to untie us?"

I scoffed. "Let's get this straight brat, I'm not here to save your asses."

One of the guys was fairly young, maybe around Jihoon Sunbae's age, but he was the calmest out of all the hostages. Actually, he was smiling at me which kind of creepy.

"I just want to go home," sobbed the other girl.

I slapped her. Everyone gasped except that one guy who was smiling at me, which was still creepy.

"Save it for someone who cares," I said coldly, "because like I said, I'm not here to save your spoiled asses."

"Then why are you here?" asked the creepy, but handsome young guy with a smile.

I flinched. Why did I even listen to Seungcheol Sunbae? "I-I'm repaying a debt I owed a, um, a friend?" I answered hesitantly.

His smirk grew, "Are you sure? That sounded like a question more than a statement."

This guy was playing a game and he was very good at it. I, however, did not plan to lose. Yeah it may have been childish, but I'm only 14. Cut me some slack will you?

"You do realize that I could leave you here, right?" 

"You better stop, Jungkook. We didn't come all the way here just to be captured. We'll be needing her help," scolded one of the other guys. He was obviously the oldest and most mature here.

"Okay, Seokjin Hyung," said the creepy guy reluctantly. I guess his name was Jungkook.

I sighed. I was still wearing my dress from the party and with heels no less. So I ped my dress and began taking it off. The guys and girls all looked away quickly.

I smirked. "You dirty minded people. I'm wearing my gear on underneath."

They all blushed and tried to argue, but then I remembered the situation we were in. My expression hardened. 

"You guys are too loud, they might hear you. Shut up and follow my directions because I'm about to save all your lives right now."

I went to each of them and whispered the plan into their ears. Then, I put the rag in my mouth and tied my wrists behind my back again. 

I knew that Jun Sunbae would probably kill me if I didn't at the very least help these people escape. I was also pretty sure he got into some trouble because of me. I mean, the thought was funny but you never know with those Seventeen guys.

I looked at the other hostages. They were calmer than before, even looking at me to make sure that they were helping to execute the plan perfectly. I had already scouted the whole truck despite the darkness and put my dress back on.

I winked at them and we all closed our eyes, trying to get some rest before the truck stopped.

 

 

I didn't get any rest. I stayed awake the whole time to make sure nothing unexpected occurred while the rest were asleep. We only had one chance to escape and it was all going to go by fast.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I told Jun Sunbae to save me, but did you actually think I would count on them? It's called acting people. Who do you think I am? I'm Min Ma Ri, the unknown murderer of over 95 people who refused to help fund my parents' experiments. I know how to take care of myself and other people. Don't forget, this is how chose to I live my life. I don't need anyone else.

I don't need anyone else.

...

.....

"I don't need anyone else, right?" I questioned.

But, of course, I already knew the answer.

It was a cruel and hurt me more than the experiments ever did.

"Someone kill me already," I cried, but no one heard my voice that was muffled by the rag.

 


I felt the truck stop and whistled just loudly enough to wake the others up. They woke up quickly and looked at me fearfully. The two girls were scared and I couldn't really blame them. Growing up in a sheltered environment, they never took part in missions. I pitied them so took the rag out of my mouth and gave a small smile before quickly putting the rag back in. The guys seemed calm so I didn't worry about them. Actually, they seemed used to this, but with the lives of five people in my hands, I didn't have time to think about it. The plan was about to take action. 

The door opened, and the people who had kidnapped us were still in their disguises. Their footsteps get closer and closer until they finally stopped. One of the guys picked me up. I acted like I was scared and tried to scream for extra measure.

The other hostages knew the plan and began to back up until their backs hit the wall. The girls were already nervous so they didn't really need to act, but the guys were calm and acted like they were scared perfectly. I took note of that. 

The other kidnappers surrounded me and looked at me up and down. Two were pretty short, one was medium height, and the other three were fairly tall.

"Hyung, you weren't kidding were you? She really does look like Yura!" said a familiar high-pitch voice.

One of them took the rag out of my mouth. "What's your name?"

"S-Son Y-Yoonmi," I stammered.

"Oh, so this is who Prince Jisoo was looking for."

"Makes sense. They really do look similar, but I guess we interrupted their reunion since she was in the VIP room."

I was getting real pissed off that they were talking about me like I wasn't there but controlling my emotions is what I excel at. I whistled, signaling the start of the plan. I quickly wrapped my legs around the guy's arms and kicked him in the face as I did a flip. I untied the ropes binding my wrists and hit the other guys away from me and the other hostages. I quickly tore my dress in half as I pulled out one of my hidden knives.

I began to preform a bit of acrobatics as I pulled out my syringes that carried a knockout serum. I began to inject it into each of our kidnappers and they began to drop like flies.

I looked at my fellow hostages whose jaws were on the floor. "What are you waiting for?! Run out of here! Your rescue team is going to be here any minute and these guys won't stay out for long!"

"What about you?" asked one of the girls.

"I'll meet you there!"

"But we can't just leave you here!"

I looked at the Seokjin guy and he seemed to understand what I wanted him to do.

He picked up the girl and put her over his shoulder. "Come on Taehyung!"

The said male followed his friend's lead and threw the other girl over his shoulder. The two quickly ran out, but the last one didn't. He simply stayed in place and stared at me.

"What are you doing idiot? Go with them!" I yelled.

"Are you sure you'll meet us later?" he asked.

I nodded my head. He was beginning to get on my nerves.

Jungkook threw a small item at me and smiled. "Make sure you return that to me!" he yelled before running off.

I caught the item and stuffed it in my pocket. I guess he didn't believe me.

I closed the door and tied up the kidnappers. I lined them up beside each other against the wall. They soon began to regain consciousness and stared at me in shock.

I sat down across from them and put on a weary smile.

"Wanna be your star! Hello, we are Astro!" I let out an empty laugh. "Isn't that how you're supposed to greet people?"

I stood up and removed their masks. A sad smile formed on my lips as I saw familiar faces appear behind them. "What happened to you guys?"

None of them answered, they only stared with blank eyes.

"It hasn't even been a day since our goodbye, what could've happened to you guys that would make you do this?"

Eunwoo looked at me like I was a ghost. "Before we answer, who are you? Yura or Yoonmi?"

The sad smile on my lips wavered and I knew that my eyes portrayed sadness. I wasn't even going to hide it this time. "Neither."

He seemed to accept the answer as he stared off into space. "Right after you left, the company came and told us that the money we raise isn't enough. They needed more money and they needed it fast. They complained that they wasted their money on our debut and put the blame on us. The said it was our responsibility and that if we didn't get them the money, they would . . . our families . . . . . "

The other members couldn't seem to accept their reality and were completely spaced out. I pet their head and even gave a few small hugs. I could already guess the ending of their stories and it broke my heart. Six innocent guys forced to steal or else their family would be held responsible. They were me, exactly 4 years ago.

Eunwoo looked up at me. Nothing shone in his eyes except despair. "Can kill me?"

The other members finally reacted to his words and looked at me with pleading eyes. "Kill us too please."

The poor boys were broken. There was no trace of the innocent, happy-go-lucky guys anywhere, just six friends crushed under higher ups because of money. Truly a heartbreaking sight.

I sighed. "Are you sure?"

They all gave me tired nods.

"What about if I give you guys a new identity?"

They shook their heads. "It would still be too difficult to live here. We already kidnapped five people of high status and disrupted a party meant only for the higher ups. Not even the royal family could pardon us now. Unless you can get us into a different kingdom, we'll be killed for our crimes out of rage from the noblemen families, and our families would be shamed."

I combed through my hair with my fingers and went in my pockets to see if I had anything. I needed something to give them hope. I owed a lot to them and wanted to pay them back.I felt something solid and pulled it out and gasped. 

It was an emblem of our allied kingdom. Actually it was a rare emblem reserved solely for the royal family. Ideas quickly went through my head. When did I get this? I shouldn't have had anything besides my hidden supplies on me. Then I remembered what Jungkook had said to me, Make sure you return that to me.

"I can."

The guys looked up at me with small bits of hope. "Really?"

"Yeah. Just wait here for a quick moment okay?"

I opened the door and ran towards the other hostages. 

"I need your help," I breathed as I pulled Jungkook along with me back towards the truck.

I opened the door and pushed Jungkook inside.

"Hey, careful of the merchandise!" he complained, "What do you need my help for and why am I even back in here?"

I got on my knees and Jungkook stared at me in horror. "What are you doing? Get up right now!"

"Yura, you don't have to do that," said Eunwoo with pity in his eyes.

I ignored them both and kneeled towards Jungkook. "Please allow these six to live in your kingdom under your protection. I know they have done wrong but they had no other choice. I beg of you to protect them in your kingdom."

"Get up right now," said Jungkook coldly.

I obeyed and stood up.

"Why did you get on your knees for these guys?"

"I took care of them recently. They are my acquaintances who were blackmailed for unjust reasons. They are good people."

"If you want them in my kingdom, you would be responsible for them regardless of the distance."

"Of course."

"You would also have to get rid of their memories. A new life requires a new start."

"Of course."

"If they cause suspicion, it will be on you. Are you willing to die for these guys?" 

I smiled at Jungkook. "I could kill myself right now if you want."

He laughed nervously at my statement but smiled at my boldness nonetheless. "I'll make it work, but they do have to lose their memories. I'll allow you to pick their new names and even tell them that they are friends, but that's it. They will live under my protection and no harm shall come to them. Deal?"

I bowed deeply. "Deal."

"Can I go back now? Seokjin Hyung and Taehyung Hyung will worry if I don't return soon."

"Of course."

Jungkook soon left and I gathered the Astro guys into a hug. Their eyes were still lifeless but they showed a tiny bit of hope. 

"Thank you, Yura. We will forever be indebted to you," thanked Eunwoo.

I smiled kindly at them as I had them sit down again. "Since you guys will have your memories erased anyways, I may as well tell you," I stated, "My name is Min Ma Ri and I'm a 14-year-old female assassin with 97 kills under me."

The guys simply nodded and didn't comment on the new information. I pulled out my syringes carrying a serum that wiped out memories. I took JinJin arm and he smiled at me. 

"You know, Ma Ri," said JinJin, "Whether you're Yura or Ma Ri or even killed 97 people, it doesn't change how you've helped us. We still care for you either way."

He soon fell into a deep sleep and I kissed his forehead.

I then proceeded to repeat this process with the other members, each saying a final farewell before drifting off into a memory erasing sleep.

"I promise that I'll be more mature when I wake up. I'll be the perfect Hyung so don't worry okay?" whispered MJ sleepily.

Rocky gave me a tight hug and said, "I'll become a dancer so famous that you'll hear about me even when I'm in a different kingdom."

"I'll grow up soon and become a man of your dreams," joked Sanha.

"You should fall in love, Ma Ri. I bet someone you know already fell for you and you just haven't realized it," said Moonbin, "Also, I won't eat anyone else's food so relax."

I finally got to Eunwoo and took his arm in my hand. 

"Thank you for everything Ma Ri. I'm glad that I we're friends. Make some new ones too so that we don't have to worry."

A tear slid down my cheek. I was going to miss these guys. They were so kind to me and treated me with so much care that I didn't deserve. It broke my heart to let them go. I really didn't want to have to erase their memories, but I also didn't want them to become like me. At least I knew they would be protected. They deserved it.

Eunwoo wiped away my tear and caressed my face with a warm smile. "Smile Ma Ri, I want my last memory to be one of you smiling. The others may not be able to find peace in their new lives if they found out you were crying after you wiped their memories you know."

I put a smile on my face and inject Eunwoo with the serum.

"Thank you for existing, Ma Ri....." his voice trailed off and his sentence was left unfinished.

I gripped his hand tightly and broke down in tears. 

"Idiot, those should have been my words."