The Nightmare Begins

Death Brought Me You

To say that I was prepared was a lie. A complete and utterly impossible lie. 
I wasn't prepared and never could be, especially not with my parents controlling the experiment. Unfortunately, I didn't have a choice. I was the one who proposed the deal, but that wouldn't stop me from being scared. 

Yes, I do realize that a spy wasn't supposed to be scared of stuff like this, but you can't blame me. I was only a 10-year-old girl, after all. 

Anyways, back to my situation.

I stood in the testing chamber with a hospital gown on. I could see my parents through a piece of glass in the wall. They were excited to try out anything and everything they had on me. 

"So what are you testing out on me?" I asked as my mom walked in with a syringe.

"Sadly, it's not much of a test. We are just going to put some poison in your system to allow your body to start building up an immunity to it," answered my mom. She took my arm and inserted the needle.

I tried to keep a straight face but failed. The poison made my body feel hot. I thought I was on fire as I dropped to the floor. My breaths became shorter and more desperate. I curled up in a ball and hugged my legs tightly. But soon enough, I was exhausted and out of breath. My body just laid sprawled across the floor. My vision became blurred, but I could make out my parents' figures writing down notes. 

I smiled, but I wanted to laugh at how pitiful I had become. Here I was on the floor of a testing room, trying to endure the small amount of weak poison in my body. I had mentally trained myself to become a spy for years, and now I was paying the price for not doing it physically. But I wasn't going to go down quietly, I would go down fighting.

But still, God knows how long I was on that floor before I willed myself to get back up. I pushed myself back on my feet and wobbled back to the seat. I sat down in the chair, and I smirked at my now-shocked parents. They scribbled down their observations quickly and wrote down my every movement.

My mom walked back in with another syringe and a smile on her face, "You proved our hypothesis wrong! Now let's see how much you can take before you pass out." She inserted the needle with an amused expression and left. 

It took a moment for the extra dose of poison to kick in, but as soon as it did, a surge of pain coursed through my body and I threw up. I didn't even eat that morning or last night, but something came out of my mouth. I could guarantee you that I didn't have anything left in my stomach after that. 

I almost fell off the chair, but I managed to stand my ground. I took that chance to walk, or wobble, towards the glass that separated me and my parents. I put one hand on the edge of the glass and used the other to flip my parents off. I smirked at them before my world went dark.

 

 

I didn't know how long I was out nor did I care. I just wanted the pain to go away. My whole body felt hot, and all my muscles ached. I was really regretting being my brother's replacement by then, but would I change that decision if I could? Nope, so I have to it up and deal with it.

I finally opened my eyes and found myself laying on the field where my brother and I used to play. I looked around and was greeted by my parents.

"Great! You're finally up. Do you realize how much time we lost because of you?" nagged my mom. Then she pointed to the wide field, "Start running."

I had rolled my eyes after the first part, but I swore my jaw dropped to the floor that day. She was telling me to run? Are you kidding me? With my weak body?

My dad was continued to scribble down notes on his board while my mom dragged me to my feet and pushed me forward. "You heard me. Run."

I wasn't sure if I was excited to finally be allowed to run or afraid of what would happen to me after I would. None the less, I started running. It was incredibly difficult to do, especially since my whole body hurt. 

Then I realized, this was probably what my life was going to be like, huh? 

I laughed. My life was going to be a living hell from now on and I was going to be my parents' perfect soldier. I wasn't stupid. I knew what my parents were doing. I was already had the mind of a great spy, so now I needed the body of one. 

 

 

 


Hello, Moozie here~

I sincerely apoogize for not uploading a chapter in a while! Please forgive this short chapter, I promise to upload a longer one soon! Now that that's over, thank you very much for all the new subscribers and the older ones for not leaving this story. I hope you enjoyed this short chapter!