First Job as a Spy

Death Brought Me You

2 years later. . .

Wow, its been a while since I last gave you an updatde huh? Well let me make it short then. I, Min Ma Ri, am now 12. I've built a rsistance to poison and can also run with ease. No, it was not an easy achievement. The first year was absolutely brutal. I was throwing up and passing out everywhere, but it very slowly got easier. I have the body of a spy now, more than the beginning anyways. Even if I was forced, I am quite proud of myself. Well, that about wraps up the past two years, so without further a do, back to the main story.

I was practicing my assassination skills against a dummy when my parents walked in with a folder. I looked at my parents curiously, it was unusual for the. To visit me without a syringe or lab equipment, etc. My mom handed me the folder with an unreadable face. 

"Your first mission. I want it done tonight," were her only words before walking out with my father by her side.

Right after she closed the door, I opened the folder. Inside was a picture of a grandpa, facts about the man, how they wanted the job done, etc. I took a deep breath and looked back up. 

I don't know why, but I wasn't nervous at all. I put on my suit and hid my weapons before slipping into the night. 

I arrived at the target's building and crawled through the vents. I did my research and knew the path to take. I may have hacked into the security system, but that's between the two of us okay? But I finally reached the designated room and broke in. 

I quickly came face to face with my target who seemed to be waiting for me. The old man looked up from his work and saw me. A warm smile grew on his face. Not going to lie, it was kind is disturbing. Here I was ready to kill the guy and he was smiling at me. You can't tell that that's not creepy.

I had my face covered so that you could only see my eyes, so I looked like a kid who dressed up as an assassin for Halloween. The only difference was that I was a real one, and, of course, had the weapons and skills to prove it, too. So why wasn't he scared of me?

"Hello, Dear," the man said, interrupting my thoughts. I glared at my target, but he just laughed. "Are you the one that's here to kill me?"

I nodded, but stayed silent. I wasn't supposed to let my target hear my voice.

The target's smile dulled slightly, "Am I not allowed to hear the voice of my killer, even in my last moments?"

I smiled behind my mask. "Why not? Since you're my first target, I'll make an exception, but only for you."

The man's face changed into one full of fear. He wasn't afraid when I broke in so why was he afriad now? "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I'm your first target?" the man asked fearfully. I nodded my head. "I'm so sorry."

Those three words confused me so much. Why was he sorry? I'm the one that's going to kill him. I should be the one saying that.

"You poor thing. You have a rough life."

I glared at the man. "I don't need your pity, I'm doing this of my own free will."

"We both know that's not true, Dear. I've met a lot of different people in my life and I learned a lot from them. So who are you doing this for?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

The old man folded his arms. "No one kills without reason and you are so young. You'd be ruining your future every time you kill and I know that you realize it too, so spill."

I remained silent.

"Is it an older sister?"

Don't get closer.

"Younger brother?"

Stop guessing.

"Younger sister?"

I told you to stop already so why are you still guessing?!

"It's your older brother isn't it?

I looked back at the old man, my target. Tears filled my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

I mentally sighed. It's been so long since I met someone that was actually normal. It felt so good. He was even concerned, worrying about my life instead of his. He reminded me of brother, but of course as an older version. Damn it.

I have to kill him. 

If I kill him, everything will be fine.

Just kill him and I won't have to deal with these feelings.

My tears soon diappeared and revealed my lifeless eyes. "Sorry sir, but I have to kill you now."

The old man looked at me sadly. "Then promise me three things before you do."

I raised a brow.

"One, you have to attend and graduate from high school. Two, you have to make good friends. Three, I want you to be able to smile genuinely in the future."

I took out my knife and walked up to the man. I stared at him for a moment. Then I smiled. No, it wasn't a fake one, but a genuine, heart-felt smile. 

"My name is Min Ma Ri, my older brother's name is Min Yoongi, and I will keep those three promises," I said I swiftly passed my knife through his heart.

The old man smiled back at me before I killed him. He died with a smile and my secret.

I quickly erased all traces that I was there and made my escape.

 

 

 

I handed my mom the folder. "Mission completed," I reported and she dismissed me with a nod. I walked back to my room and went into the showers. I let my tears finally fall. Crying never felt so good. 

I looked at my necklace and held it tightly before looking at myself in the mirror. I just stared my reflection, taking it all in.

 

I, Min Ma Ri, at the age of 12, on July 8, at 11:45, became a murder.

 


Hello guys! Moozie here!

Okay, I know I did lie a bit in the last update, but at least I finally released the next chapter right? Please forgive me. I think I'll try to update once every week. Are you guys okay with that? Also, please comment your thoughts about my story! Don't be a silent reader and give me some feed back. I promise I'll get to meeting Seventeen in the next update so please bare with me a bit longer! Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed the chapter!