Broken Promises

Death Brought Me You

Special thanks to Zebra12 for commenting on my last chapter! This one is dedicated to you!


Jihoon POV

Jisoo Hyung being sarcastic and upset is very unusual. He is, in all honesty, a gentleman. In fact, we were the ones who gave him the nickname as a joke, but everyone else thought it was a good nickname. It's what everyone knows him to be, so whenever he acts differently, it's because he's beyond upset. So after he walked towards the room that I pointed out, I followed him. 

"Then do you guys not trust the girl for saved our Chan from bullies, the girl who first befriended our Chan when he was all alone, the girl who helped Soonyoung find Chan and his amazing dancing skills, the girl who helped Chan get into our group, the girl who became a hero to Chan?" asked Jisoo, upset.

I gulped. I guess I missed the beginning of the conversation. 

Jisoo hyung sighed heavily, "Let me try asking a different question then, do you even trust Chan?"

Silence hang in the air, everyone afraid to break it.

"When Monday come around, we will tell Son Yoonmi our secret and make her feel welcome. Is that clear?"

The four nodded.

Jisoo turned around and we came face to face. "Sorry about that Jihoon, but can you make or pick a song for us?"

I nodded, "Sure Hyung, but do you have any specifics?"

I was really hoping that talking about music would calm him down.

"Hm, nothing really, but maybe something upbeat to help her feel welcome?"

"I think I got just the song, now I just have to talk to Soonyoung hyung about the choreography."

"Thanks, you're the best."


Ma Ri POV

I returned back home with my muscles aching. They were still screaming out in pain and my whole body felt hot. I walked over to where my mother was and handed her the folded her. 

"Mission Completed," I said between pants.

"Oh," my mother said with disappointment, "you finished it in one day."

She handed me another folder. "Mission #98: It will take you three days."

"Excuse me?" I asked bewildered. My mother never told me how long my missions would take, just how long I had.

"Your next mission will be different from what your used to, but I trust that you will still complete it without fail," my mother said coldly as she handed me another folder.

I quickly opened it up. Inside was a picture of six guys. They were all smiling so brightly that it reminded me of Chan and the other short guy in his group. I think his name was Jihoon Sunbae. 

Masters: Male
Names: MJ, JinJin, Eunwoo, Moonbin, Rocky, Sanha
Group Name: Astro
Orders: Be their manager for 3-7 days and get on their good side, you must do everything they tell you to do

"Mother, what is this?!"

"You will follow our orders without fail, no matter what it is and under any condition you may be in, that was what our contract states," my mother replied, "Or, do you have a problem with it?"

I remembered my brother and quickly shook my head. "There are no problems, but what about my school?"

"I already contacted them and had them excuse you from your classes, not that you really need them anyways."

I grimaced. It was true, I didn't actually need to attend my classes, but that wasn't the point. The point was that today was Sunday and I was going to be gone for three to seven days. That would mean that I would be breaking the promise I made to Chan. The mere thought pained my heart and I hated myself for it.

"You better go introduce yourself and start befriending them. Act well."

I tightly clenched the folder and bowed to her. "Of course."

My mother walked out of the room and I went back to mine. I changed into regular clothes and began packing. Tears streamed down my face as I put my clothes in my bag. I didn't want to go be some group's manager. I wanted to go to school and talk to Chan, maybe even get to know his new friends. 

I want to be normal.

I grabbed my pillow and buried my face in it. My body was still hurting everywhere and I was having the biggest headache ever, but I didn't care. I screamed into the pillow.

After a while, I finished packing and left the house. I walked over to the address that was given to me in the folder. I knocked on the door.

A moment later, the door opened, revealing a short guy with blond hair. If I remembered correctly, I think his name was JinJin.

I put on a smile even though it hurt and introduced myself. "Hello! My name is Han Yura and I'll be you new manager for a while. Please take care of me."

JinJin looked at me surprised. "Oh, so your our new manager. Let me call the others first, but please come inside."

I walked into the room and sat on the couch. I looked around. The place was different from what I was used to. There were pictures of the whole group smiling  and decorative frames surrounding them. Everyone was smiling, it made me jealous. These guys weren't exactly normal since they were an up-and-coming group, but they had lived a normal life and enjoyed every moment of it. 

JinJin returned with the 5 other members of the group and directed them towards me.

"2,3, Wanna be your star! Hello, we are ASTRO!"

I bowed towards them and smiled. They seemed like good kids. "Hello, my name is Han Yura and I'll be your temporary manager for a while. Please take care of me."

"Daebak! You look so young! How old are you?" asked the guy with bright colored hair excitedly. I think his name was Sanha, the maknae of the group.

"I'm 14."

The whole group gasped, "Daebak! You are young!"

"You can call me Oppa then!" shouted MJ excitedly.

"I'll just call you guys Sunbae, if that's okay with you guys?"

They all nodded in approval.

"Well I guess we should do some quick introductions. I'm JinJin, the leader and rapper."

"MJ, main vocal."

"Cha Eunwoo, the visual and vocalist."

"Moonbin, vocalist."

"Rocky, rapper and dancer."

"Sanha, maknae and vocalist!"

"I look forward to working with you guys. Oh, and by the way, I'm also going to be staying with you guys."

Their jaws dropped.


Hello guys, Moozie here~ 

Sorry for such a crappy chapter. I personally didn't like this one, but I'll make sure that the next one is better! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter regardless of what I think though. As usual, I love it when you guys leave comments and I really appreciate them! Tell me if you want someone's certain POV and I'll do my best to try and incorporate it into the next chapter. I'll probably upload one or two more chapters before slowing down on the updates since my school starts Wednesday.