(Part 2) Welcome to My World

Death Brought Me You

Special shoutout to gracelynjtc and sky_dreams for commenting on my last chapter! This chapter is dedicated to you guys!

 

Seungcheol POV

You know, watching someone suffer from the shot her own mother gave her really just tugs at your heart strings. You can't help but feel bad for the person. Granted, Ma Ri did explain to us that she and her parents don't have any emotional connection and that's it's just pure hate for each other but still. I don't even like Ma Ri, but I still wanted to save her. I shifted around in my seat and caught Jihoon staring me down.

Don't, he mouthed.

"Why not?" I whispered back.

"She's already given us her orders. You can't disregard them."

"She's literally dying right in front of me! You want me to watch someone die right before my eyes?!" I whispered fiercely, not loud enough to be heard by Ma Ri's parents.

Jihoon scooter closer to my side, enough so that our hips were touching. I looked at him for answers, but all he did was rest his head against my side.

"Ma Ri won't die. She's stronger than any of us."

His words were simple. Simple, but they were the truth. None of us could be as strong as Ma Ri. 

I kissed Jihoon's head. "Thanks Jihoon, I really needed that."

"No problem, but what you did just now was kind of gay."

"Shut up, I know you love me."

"Bull. ."

 

Jisoo POV

When Ma Ri stopped moving, it was like time stopped. We all held our breaths waiting for her to move again, but it didn't happen. Her parents seemed to be unaffected by it. They even walked in the room and released her from the chair. Her dad carried her off somewhere else, while her mom walked up to us with a smile.

"Wasn't that exciting? We're going to continue this outside so follow me, boys."

We said nothing and followed her. She had us pass through a door that lead outside. The air was so clean, it was refreshing. We probably could've enjoyed it more if Ma Ri wasn't unconscious with some sort of poison flowing through her system. Speaking of Ma Ri, her dad set her down on the grass and dumped cold water on her face. She woke up instantly and a sense of relief washed over all of us. She shivered and looked around before sighing. She made eye contact with Mingyu and Junhui hyung and winked at them. I was too relieved to be jealous but looking back at it now, I'm literally considering whether or not to kill them.

Ma Ri stood up with a blank expression. 

I knew that she was probably still in a lot of pain. I wanted to just run up and hug her, telling her that she had done enough. On the other hand, I knew she wouldn't appreciate it. She would yell at me, maybe even punch me. I wouldn't mind if she did, but it was the fear of her hating me that kept me in place. So I have to it up and sit still. It's extremely frustrating, but that's my role right now.

 

Ma Ri POV

The pain was nostalgic. It'd been so long since I was forced to do so much. I almost forgot that life doesn't get easier, that's why we have to grow stronger. Passing out after some poison? How pathetic. I can't believe I let the boys see my weak side. 

My parents stood in front of me, holding their notes in their hands while wearing  bored expressions. 

I smirked at them. "Hm, may I stand now mother dear?"

"You know the drill. Starting running. Don't stop until I tell you."

I stood up and brushed myself off. "You sure know how to be a sadist," is what I said but I still began running. 

After 4 hours, I was out of breath. I didn't know now how much time had passed until my mom yelled it out. It was tiring. I never realized how out of shape I was. I really needed to train more. Nevertheless, I wanted to stop and for some reason, I was craving comfort. I wanted to be hugged. The kindness that Chan has showed me warmed my heart, the cuteness of Jihoon incredible, and the way Jisoo protected me made my heart speed up. 

I could hear Jisoo ask my mom, "Isn't this enough? Ma Ri looks like she's going to pass out any moment."

A small smile played on my lips despite me wanting him to shut up. He knew the consequences of disobeying my orders, he might've had a plan.

"Nonsense. Ma Ri could do this for at least another 4 hours."

"Another 4 hours? Are you insane? Not even our soldiers run for that long!"

"She's getting what she deserves. Our contract states that she will do anything we ask of her with questioning us."

Jisoo was standing up at that point. "Why would she agree to such terms?"

What was he saying? I already told him why.

My mother glared at him coldly. "That's none of your business, your highness."

Jihoon stood up beside Jisoo. "That's because you said that you would use her brother as a test subject. Isn't that right Mrs. Min?"

They better have something planned. 

"I don't know what your talking about."

"Oh I think you do," Jihoon continued. "Min Yoongi, at the age of 12, disappeared. He was your son, also someone whom your daughter loved very much. You planned on using your daughter as you test subject, but he found out and tried to save her by volunteering to take her place. However, Ma Ri found out and took his place."

I continued to run. Trying to hurry up so I could hear more of their conversation.

"That's a ridiculous story. How dare you accuse me of such without any evidence?"

Jisoo smirked, "Our story doesn't matter because you're under arrest for child abuse and illegal human experimentation! Seungcheol and Jeonghan, get them!"

Are you kidding me? Jisoo, you may be our prince, but I'm so going to kill you after this. How could you just throw my plan out the window like that?

 

Hello guys, Moozie here~

Sorry for such a short chapter! I'll try to make it longer next time! I hope you guys still enjoyed it though. As always, please leave comments about whose POV you want and any scene requests you have!