Chapter 16

What's Meant To Be Always Finds A Way

 

That was the first night that the girls didn’t eat at the dining table. For some unknown reason Seungri had a sour look on his face, it was almost like he didn’t want to be in the same room with those girls. The guys also didn’t say their prayers before they started devouring their food either. It was almost like they were completely different people. They acted different and they were more arrogant.

As dinner finally ended Sohee and Ye Eun gathered up the dishes and brought them to the sink. The guys and their girlfriends have gone up stairs to do god knows what.

 

“Unni go clean the tables and I’ll do the dishes” said Sohee

“Are you sure?” asked Ye Eun. She wasn’t used to this. In the past they never let Sohee lift a finger before. She was the youngest therefore she was the princess of the family.

“I’m sure and when your done you can go back to your room and I’ll finish up” said Sohee.

Ye Eun stepped outside the kitchen with a cloth in her hands. As she reached the table she spotted Daesung stacking the tablemats.

“Daesung you don’t have to do that. You have guests waiting for you” said Ye Eun taking the tablemats from his hands. Before Daesung could respond to Ye Eun, Tiffany walked in on them and totally misunderstood the situation.

“Why are you making him clean? You’re the maid and its your responsibility” Tiffany retorted, taking the tablemats and slamming it on Ye Eun’s hands.

“Sorry Dae—“ before Ye Eun could finish her apology she was cut off by Tiffany.

“Excuse me what did you just call him?! You are working for him call him Young Master!” exclaimed Tiffany.

By this point Ye Eun was losing her cool. Who does that girl think she is, just because she was the girlfriend of her boss, it didn’t give her the right to talk to her that way. If she wasn’t already irritated, Daesung made her irritation worse. Why wasn’t he telling her that it was all misunderstanding? Tiffany was lucky, if Ye Eun didn’t have any self control, she would punched her in the face just to shut her up.

“Sorry Young Master” said Ye Eun while gritting her teeth.

“Good next time do your job properly” said Tiffany while dragging Daesung out of the kitchen. Ye Eun couldn’t believe that he just left without saying a word; the worst thing was, he smirked at her before leaving. It was like he planned all of this, to make her look bad. Just when she thought he was nice, she was totally wrong, he was just like his three brothers. Thank god that Seungri wasn’t like them.

“What’s the commotion” asked Sohee, coming out of the kitchen.

If Ye Eun told her, Sohee would be on her way up by now and dragging the girl by the hair. Ye Eun knew better than to tell her younger sibling the truth, as they needed this job to survive. A little white lie wouldn’t hurt thought Ye Eun.

“What commotion are you talking about?” asked Ye Eun

“I heard screaming” responded Sohee

“Everything’s fine” said Ye Eun entering the kitchen whilst Sohee followed her. “Hurry and finish the washing so you can rest” continued Ye Eun while kissing her sister goodnight.

As Sohee said her goodnight, she continued doing dishes. Just as she was on the last three dishes, someone walked in to the kitchen, thinking it Ye Eun checking up on her, Sohee didn’t bother to turn around. To her surprise the person inside the kitchen spoke up and it wasn’t a voice she recognized.

“So how does it feel to be a maid at such a young age?” asked Jessica

“Jessica. I didn’t know it was you” said Sohee looking at the girl in front of her.

“Jessica? It’s Young Miss to you. You didn’t answer my question. Are you that incompetent?” replied Jessica.

God only knows how hard it was for Sohee to not pounce on the girl and scratch her pretty face. Sohee inhaled and gave a fake smile.

“Young Miss Jessica, I am 19 years of age (N/A Remember they lied about their age to get the job), and I am well educated to know when someone is asking a genuine question or mocking me” responded Sohee.

“19? Are you sure about that? You look about 14-15 years old to me and for your information everyone is well educated to know when someone is mocking him or her or being genuine. Tell me do you think I’m mocking you?” asked Jessica smirking at Sohee.

Sohee inhaled deeply trying to control her anger before answering Jessica’s question.

“I don’t think it appropriate for me to tell you what I’m thinking, but seeing as you asked, my answer is yes, I do think your mocking me” answered Sohee

“I underestimated you. To think you would just excuse yourself and not answer back I was totally wrong. I’m warning you, you better watch your back” said Jessica walking closer to Sohee.

“Is that a threat Young Miss Jessica” responded Sohee while standing her ground.

“Yes, and don’t take it lightly” said Jessica. She walked towards Sohee and took the plate out of her hands.

“How do you think Jiyong will react if I throw this plate, and tell him you threw at me? But luckily I was quick enough to dodge it” said Jessica holding the plate in her hands walking away from Sohee.

“You wouldn’t dare” said Sohee in a low whisper.

“Wouldn’t I?” Jessica turned her back at Sohee and threw the plate towards the door, which caused it to shatter in pieces. As the shattered pieces fell on the ground Jessica turned towards Sohee so that her back was facing the door. Just like she said, Jiyong walked through the door with a facial expression of worry. Sohee turned her attention to Jessica and her face now was shocked and it clearly showed she was scared. Sohee was surprised at how fast she could change her expression.

“What happened here?” asked Jiyong looking at Sohee, and then turning his attention towards Jessica. He approached her and turned her to face.

“Jess are you okay?” asked Jiyong softly. “Tell me what happened” continued Jiyong.

“I w-w-as just asking her some question and then s-s-he just threw the plate at me. I guess I asked her a sensitive question” she responded while stuttering. She was a great actress all right, if Sohee didn’t know the whole the story of what really happened she would have believed Jessica, that’s how good at acting she was.

“It’s okay Jess, you’ll be fine” said Jiyong gathering her up in her arms. “Go to my room and freshen up, I’ll be right behind you” continued Jiyong. Jessica walked out of the kitchen, but before she did she gave Sohee one last smirk and Jiyong didn’t even notice it.

After fully disappearing from the kitchen, Jiyong turned his attention towards Sohee and gave her a cold glare.  Upon seeing the glare, she suddenly felt cold and something weird run up her spine.

“What the hell were you thinking?” asked Jiyong, his voice dangerously dark.

“What did I do?” retorted Sohee, keeping her eyes glued on him.

“What did you do? You freaking threw a plate at my girlfriend. What would you do if it actually hit her and sent her flying across the room, or better yet in a hospital bed” said Jiyong. Anger was evident on his face.

“So you believe her? Are you not going to ask me for my side of the story? Oh I’m sorry I forgot I’m a maid I don’t deserve an explanation” said Sohee

Upon hearing her say she was just a maid, Jiyong stiffened. A weird feeling was inside him, he didn’t like it when she referred to herself as just being a maid but he kept his cool. “I don’t need to know what happened because everything I saw just now sums up what really happens. Why would Jessica lie about such thing, she was bloody petrified” he continued while eyeing Sohee.

“Who was I fooling? I thought that maybe, just maybe you would hear me out and believe what I say” said Sohee

“Sohee she is my girlfriend and has been for 6 months and she doesn’t lie as she comes from a family with a status, just like us. Therefore her parents raised her to be a polite young lady. You on the other hand I’ve known for what, 2 days and you expect me to believe you? You’re 19 turning 20 did your parents not teach you and your sisters any manners?” asked Jiyong, very insensitively.

Upon hearing his statement, Sohee’s eyes started to cloud with tears but there was no way she was going to cry in front of him. She blinked the tears away and spoke.

“Don’t you dare bring our parents into this. We may not be as filthy rich as you, but our parents taught how to be well mannered and educated us well” responded Sohee with dark eyes.

“If so, then I suggest you sort your attitude out before, I send you packing and looking for another job along with your sisters” said Jiyong before walking out on her.

As the door closed Sohee dropped on the floor, as tear flowed freely from her eyes. Seungri entered the kitchen he saw Sohee on the floor with no emotions on her face but tears flowing down. Sohee was known to be the strong and didn’t like people seeing her cry because she thought it made her look weak. And that’s what she looked like right now, weak. She looks as though all her energy has been drained out of her and she had no more strength.

“Sohee-ah get up and tell oppa what happened” whispered Seungri as he gathered the younger girl in his arms.

“Why did he have to be bring our parents in to that stupid argument” replied the worn out Sohee.

“Who?” asked Seungri still cradling the girl in his arms

“Your jackass brother Jiyong. He could have said anything to me and it wouldn’t matter but why did he say that about mum and dad” sobbed Sohee.

“Ssshhhh, its okay Sohee-ah I’m still here for you, the nuna’s are here for you and of course my darling sweetheart Sunmi is still here for you” replied Seungri

Sohee slightly chuckled at his statement and responded “Sunmi’s not your darling sweetheart, she’s mine” she said jokingly.

She stayed in his embrace before she let go and headed towards her room. Seungri was like her big brother and she was thankful it was him who found her in that state or else she wouldn’t know what to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's another chapter.

thank you for supporting this story I really appreciate...

I will apologise now in advance if i can't update, tomorrow or the days coming.

please be patient with me and thank you again XD