Dodaeng Part 2

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

5 Years Later Doyeon POV

Wow. It feels weird to be back in Korea. After I moved to LA I was on a strict contract that I wasn’t able to go back to Korea, at least my family and friends were able to come to LA to meet me though, otherwise I don’t think I would have survived being there. Training was really hard, but I got through it. It was honestly worth it. It’s weird to say with my own mouth, but now I’m known as Asia’s princess. I hit stardom and got popular really fast. My life changed right before my eye. I still keep in contact with most of my friends, but the one friend that really mattered didn’t. Choi Yoojung. After I left for LA I tried talking to her via Skype and calling, it worked for the first couple of weeks, but soon we lost contacts. I got busy, she got busy. Before I knew it, I haven’t spoken or seen her for nearly 4 years. Yoojung also hit stardom. She was one of the most popular idol in Korea. Her face was everywhere.

“Kim Doyeon!” A voice shouted making me turn my head.

“Chungha unnie!” I squealed and ran to hug her.

It’s been a while since I last saw Chungha unnie.

“How was your flight?” She asked.

“Long.”
“Well let’s get out of here before any of your fans notices you, Ms. Asia’s Princess.” Chungha unnie said teasingly.

“Ahhh unnie, you know I hate being called that.” I pouted.

Chungha unnie led me to her car and then we drove to my new apartment. I was moving back to Korea permanently and I couldn’t be happier. I can be close to my family and friends again. Maybe, just maybe, I can reconnect with Yoojung. For the past 5 years I never forgot about Yoojung, or her kiss. I was never able to date anyone because they just didn’t feel right. Whenever I was with them I was always wishing that it was Yoojung instead.

“Damn you got a really nice place.” Chungha unnie said getting out of the car.

“You should see the inside.” I smirked.

We went inside and even I was amazed. Everything was furnished to my liking and everything. I actually only saw pictures of my apartment, but now that I was seeing it in real life I couldn’t believe it.

“, this place is amazing.” Chungha unnie said.

I only laughed in response.

“Good luck trying to get rid of me, I’m gonna be here a lot.”
“I don’t mind.” I said smiling.

While I was putting my stuff away Chungha unnie was laying lazily on my couch.

“So unnie, how are things with you and Sejeong unnie?”

“Pretty good, but we have different group of friends, I hangout with my dancer friends and Sejeong hangs out with mostly the Gugudan members.”
“Wow Hana unnie must be happy.” I teased.

“What do you mean?”
“Hana unnie used to have the biggest crush on Sejeong unnie, I don’t know if she’s over it yet though, but last I talked to her, which was about 6 months ago, she still likes Sejeong unnie a lot.”
“WHAT?!” Chungha unnie shrieked.

“Just kidding, Hana unnie is sooo over Sejeong unnie.” I laughed.

“I hate you.” Chungha unnie hit me on the head.

“I love you too.” I stuck my tongue out.

“What about you? How’s your love life?” Chungha unnie asked.

“I got none.” I said honestly.

“What about that super cute model guy? I heard you guys were dating.”
“Ahh that was just a rumor, we only had one date. It didn’t work out well.” I sighed.

“Really? Damn that , he’s a total hunk.” Chungha unnie said.

“Who’s a total hunk?” A voice said.

Both Chungha unnie and I looked up to see Sejeong unnie walking through the door. I gotta remember to lock my door.

“Oh hey!” Chungha unnie said excitedly and went to hug her.

“So who’s a hunk?” Sejeong unnie asked again.

“No one.” Chungha unnie laughed.

“Uh huh.” Sejeong unnie eyed her.

“Unnie! I’ve missed you!” I ran up and hugged her, which she happily returned the hug.

“Sorry, I wish we can stay long, but Chungha unnie and I have a dinner to go to.” Sejeong unnie apologized.

“It’s okay, I have a radio interview soon, which I should be going now.”

Sejeong unnie, Chungha unnie, and I all walked out together then we parted ways. My manager came and picked me up and took me to the radio station. It that my first day back in Korea I had to do work, but I didn’t mind since it was just a radio interview. I also heard we have other guests too, so I won’t be the center of attention.

“Okay, just call me when you’re done.” My manager said.

“Okay! Thank you.”
I walked into the building and I can see people staring at me in amazement. I was used to the stares, before it bothered me a lot. It felt weird with so many people staring at me. It used to give me anxieties.

I walked into the recording room and the people gave me the script, or well the questions that were going to be asked. It felt weird being in a room where everyone was staring at you, so I excused myself and took the script with me. This was what I usually do. Even if I’m used to it, I can’t really take the stares so I’d go to an empty room and look over stuff myself.

Me being the rude clumsy klutz that I am, I completely ran into someone while I was walking and reading my script.

“Ah i’m so sorry!” I quickly apologized.

“It’s okay, I’m fine.”

That voice. I would know that voice anywhere. Even after 5 years it’s still the same voice that sends my heart racing.

“Y-Yoojung?” I stuttered.

Yoojung looked up and saw that it was me and her expression changed.

“Wow it really is you. You’ve grown…” I said in a joking tone.

Instead of answering me or saying anything, Yoojung ran. I chased after her, but surprisingly her feet can make her run pretty fast. I instinctively ran after her, but it seems like she knew the building better than I did. After a bit I lost her. I looked at the time and noticed that I didn’t have much time left so I quickly went into the recording room.

I guess luck was on my side because Yoojung was in the recording room along with the DJ and two more guests.

“Kim Doyeon, nice to meet you. I’m JinWoo.” The DJ introduced himself.

“Nice to meet you.” I smiled.

I quickly bowed to the other guests, and they returned the bow. I made eye contact with Yoojung, but she just looked away.

“Looks like it’s time for us to go on air, everyone ready?” Jinwoo asked.

Everyone nodded their head.

The radio was live and Jinwoo started introducing everything. I tried my best to look everywhere, but my eyes kept wandering back to Yoojung. I guess it was the same for Yoojung because sometimes we would make eye contacts. The guests started individually introduced themselves, since I was so focused on Yoojung I almost forgot.

“Hello everyone, I’m Kim Doyeon, nice to meet you all!” I said happily.

The interview started with me.

“So Doyeon, how is it being back in Korea?” Jinwoo asked.

“Pretty good, I actually just arrived this morning. Everything still seem the same, I love it.” I answered.

“Must be nice to meet an old friend here, right?” Jinwoo asked, referring to Yoojung.

“I actually haven't seen Yoojungie in the past 5 years, so it is really nice to see her again. We have a lot of catching up to do.” I smiled.

“How is it seeing an old friend, Yoojung?” Jinwoo asked.

My heart was pounding waiting to hear her answer.

“It’s really nice, I’ve missed her a lot.” Yoojung answered.

It felt so good to hear her voice. Even though she said nice words, I knew she didn’t mean them. She may be smiling, but they were empty smiles. It pains me knowing that she doesn’t mean it.

“Well I hope you guys have some times to hangout and catch up.” Jinwoo said.

We both just smiled. Throughout the whole radio interview I would continue staring at Yoojung. Jinwoo mainly focused on the other guests, which I didn’t mind. He would occasionally ask me questions and I’d answer them right away. Same with Yoojung. She was trying her best not to look at me, but I can tell it was hard for her too.

Finally the radio interview had ended and we were thanking each other. After everyone started to leave I noticed Yoojung trying her best to slip out without me noticing, but I did. I quickly went after her and grabbed her wrist and pulled her into an empty room.

“Yah! Kim Doyeon, what are you doing?!” Yoojung shouted.

“We have to talk!”
“No!” Yoojung shouted again and tried to leave, but I stopped her, “let me go!”
“No. It’s been 5 years Yoojung-ah, can’t I get 5 minutes of your time?”
“No. You left me. You don’t deserve anything from me.”

“Was it so wrong to chase after my dream?” I asked.

Yoojung just stayed quiet.

“Yes call me selfish, call me whatever you like. I don’t care. You can hit me, hurt me. I just want us to be like before.”
“That’s never going to happen.” Yoojung said bitterly.

I felt my legs weakened and a knot in my stomach.

“Yoojung-ah, please.”

“You. Left. Me.” Yoojung said slowly.

“I know…” I sighed.

“Why are you even back?” Yoojung asked.

“I’ve achieved my first dream, now I want to achieve my second dream.” I answered.

“Which is?”
“Being with you.”
Yoojung mouth dropped open a bit, but she quickly regained her composure. After a moment of silence Yoojung finally spoke.

“I’m already engaged to someone.”
That was it. My world came crumbling down and I felt like I lost all hope.

“Oh…” I managed out, “I hope they bring you a lot of happiness then.” I tried to mean what I say.

“She does.” Yoojung said.

“I guess that’s it between us then. I hope we can at least still be friends…” I said quietly.

“I have to go now. My manager is waiting for me.” Yoojung said, then she walked past me and left the room.

I couldn’t find the strength to walk, so I stayed in the room a bit. Tears trickling down my cheeks as I felt like I lost hope. Honestly one of the things that got me through being overseas was the thought of returning back to Korea and try again with Yoojung, but now it’s too late. She has fallen for someone else. It’s over.


Thank you for reading & subscribing! c: