Sechung

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Chungha POV

As I was walking out of school with my friends I can hear people whispering around me. That’s when I know she’s here. I sighed as I continued walking ignoring all the whisperings.

“Why did you sigh?” Doyeon, one of my friends ask me.

“Don’t you guys hear it?” I sighed again.

“Are you sighing because she’s here?” Yoojung asked.

“No! I love it when she’s here, I barely see her. It’s just i hate hearing the stuff people say about her.”
“There’s nothing we can do about it, just gotta get used to it.” Yoojung shrugged.

We continued walking out of the school while some people said goodbye to us since I was part of the council and they did it out of respect. As I walked out my eyes started roaming the street trying to find her. Of course it was easy because of other people’s gazes towards her. She stood there leaning on her car coolly, ignoring the stares that she was getting. She was also throwing up her pocket knife and catching and throwing it again.

“Why would our president be with someone like that?” I heard someone say.

“I know right! They’re so opposite.”

“They might just be together for the physical stuff.”

I hated hearing all these things, but I can’t bring myself to say anything. I bid farewell to the Dodaeng couple and walked towards her.

“You know, you’re scaring people like that.” I said in an amused tone.

“Like what?” She asked.

“Throwing up your pocket knife.”
“Well that’s good.” Sejeong smiled.

“Yes because you love scaring people so much.” I rolled my eyes.

“No, because then they know that if they try to steal you or mess with you they will know who they have to deal with.” Sejeong smiled cheekily.

I rolled my eyes again and pecked her on the lips and walked into the car. She walked into the driver side and started the car and we drove off. I originally had my hand rested on my lap, but then Sejeong reached over and interlocked them, making me smile. We have known each other since we were babies. We grew up together, but we went onto different paths. I studied hard throughout school and became the model student that everyone looked up to. Sejeong gave up on studying in middle school and turned to a life of crime. It was really hard to accept at first, but Sejeong was still the same old Sejeong that I love so I was able to look past her crime life, or well at least pretend to. She became a gang leader about a year ago, and that was when we started seeing each other less and less. It since I was so used to seeing her everyday, but now it was more like once a month.

“How was school?” Sejeong asked.

“Good, it’d be better if you went though.”

“Guilting me again huh?” Sejeong chuckled.

“Of course. It’s soooooooooo lonely going to school without you, you know?” I sighed dramatically.

“But you have Doyeon and Yoojung and all your other friends there with you.” Sejeong stuck her tongue out.

“But they’re not you.” I said sincerely.

“I know…” Sejeong said softly, “but school just isn’t for me.”
We continued driving in silence, but it was a comfortable silence. I was looking out the window to see where we were going.

“This street doesn’t look familiar, where are we going?” I asked.

“I have to make a stop somewhere.” Sejeong said.

“Where?”
“For business.”
I sighed knowing what she meant. It’s basically her going to shank someone because they owe her money or something else related to her gang stuff.

“Ahhhh why do you always take me to these things?” I whined.

“Moral support? Do you really hate it that much?”
“It’s not that i hate it…” Sejeong gave me a look, “okay I hate it. I hate seeing the mean side of you. You’re such a great person and sweet and really nice.” Sejeong gave me yet another look, “okay okay! You’re just really nice to me, but it’s possible for you to be nice to others.”
“I can’t just walk away. There are consequences if you leave.”
“Yeah i’ve seen you give them.” I shudder at the memory. Sejeong basically tortured them with the rest of her members and do inhumane things to them.

We got to a building that seems abandoned. Sejeong grabbed a gun out of the compartment, then got out of the car, and i slowly got out of the car and stayed near it. Sejeong pecked me on the lips then walked away, while there were some cars pulling up also. They were Sejeong’s members, some waved hi to me as they were walking, others just looked and walked into the building.

I wanted to go in and see what they were doing, but I will regret it if I do. I hate seeing the gang leader Sejeong. That’s not the Sejeong that I knew and grew up with. I leaned against the car and took my phone out to keep myself company. I decided to try to take my mind off of Sejeong and tried to think of promotional ideas, since the re-election for council president is tomorrow. There are people saying that my chances of winning are really high, but others are saying that I will probably lose because I’m with Sejeongie. I was scared less when I heard three popping sound, I realized that they were gunshots. This wasn’t the first time I heard gunshots when it comes to Sejeong. It’s not that she’s a murderer, she only shoots them in the leg or somewhere as a warning. She has other people doing the killing. It goes against everything I believe in, but at the same time I love Sejeong a lot...

Sejeong walked out of the building with her members. I noticed that there were some bloodstains on Sejeong’s shirt.

“Are you okay?” I asked a bit worried.

“I’m fine.”
We both got into the car and Sejeong started driving me back to my house.

“What happened in there?” I asked letting my curiosity get the best of me.

“We found a mole within the group.”

That’s it. That’s all that she needed to say and I knew how she dealt with them.


“Hey it’s okay! You’re still part of the council!” Yoojung said trying to cheer me up.

“Yeah, being the president is too much work anyways. Now you have more time to go out with us!” Doyeon said.

I lost my re-election for the president position. I felt really bummed out about it because being president was actually a lot of fun. I did had a lot of responsibility, but they weren’t too hard.

“Thanks guys.” I said giving them a small smile.

We were taking the bus back to my house to hangout. There was only one seat left on the bus and I told the Dodaeng couple to sit on it instead when they were offering it to me. Doyeon sat on the chair and then Yoojung sat on her lap and Doyeon wrapped her arm around Yoojung’s waist tightly. Seeing that made me miss Sejeong a lot. After dropping me off home yesterday she had somewhere urgent to go to so we couldn’t hangout.

When we got to my house the we greeted my parents and then went upstairs to hangout. I was still pretty sad about not being president again so i just laid lazily on my bed while Dodaeng couple were using my laptop.
“Psst.”
We all looked up wondering where the sound came from.

“Psst.”
We all turned towards the window and saw Sejeong hanging there trying to climb in.

“YAH! How many times have I told you to never come this way?! You know where the front door is!” I shouted at her then rushed to help her get in. It used to be cute whenever she snuck in through the window, but one time she lost balance and fell, resulting in a broken arm.

“Geeze unnie, i’m a careful person, don’t worry!”

Doyeon, Yoojung, and I all rolled our eyes at the same time.

“Wow you guys have been hanging out together for so long that you’re starting to be so much alike.”

Sejeong walked over and hugged me tightly and kissed me. When we parted I noticed she had a scar on her right arm.

I sighed and Sejeong saw my eyes on her arm.

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it.” Sejeong said giving a smile.

“Whoa! That look so cool!” Yoojung exclaimed when she saw Sejeong’s scar, “can I touch it?”
“Haha sure Yoojungie.”

Yoojung was basically rubbing Sejeong scar and touching every inch of it while Doyeon just rolled her eyes.

“So are you president again?” Sejeong asked smiling.

“Nope.” Sejeong stopped smiling and her eyes became sad.

“Hey babe, i think it’s time to go home!” Doyeon said hurriedly and grabbed Yoojung’s hands.

They bid their goodbyes and left.

“Why aren’t you president again?” Sejeong asked wrapping her arms around me because she can feel that I was sad about it.

“I don’t know, I guess people wanted a change.”
“Really? Is that really the reason?”
“What do you mean?”
“Chungha unnie, we both know that I’m part of the reason why you’re not president again.”
“No you’re not.” I said denying it.

“Yes I am. Because you’re with me people are assuming that you’re just like me. Ugh.” Sejeong was starting to get mad.

“It doesn’t matter.”
“It does! I know how much being president means to you. I’m sorry…”
“You have no reason to be sorry Sejeon-ah, it’s just how things are. I really don’t mind.”

“You deserve someone better…” Sejeong said quietly.

“Yah, look at me.” I said firmly.

Sejeong still had her head down so i used both my hand and grabbed her face and made her look me in the eyes.

“You are already the best, no one can be better than you. I rather be with you than be president of the council. Okay? Always remember that.”
“But…”
“No but!”

“But”
“I said no but!”
“.” Sejeong said like a little kid and poked my .

“Aiish, how can you look so sad and then joke around a second later. Do your members see this side of you, hmmm?”
“Of course not! I am their fearless leader!” Sejeong said proudly.

“But to me you’re just a big ball of fluff.” I said ruffling her hair making her pout.

Sejeong laid down on my bed and pulled me along with her, then she wrapped her arms around me protectively and kissed the top of my head while I snuggled into her.

“This feels nice.” Sejeong said smiling.

“It is. I wish we can stay like this forever.”
“We can.” Sejeong said.

“No we can’t, soon you’re gonna get a call and you’re gonna leave me again.” I sighed.

“I always come back though, you gotta give me credit for that.” Sejeong pouted.

“Okay fine ms. pouty lips. I guess as long as you come back to me then everything's all good.” I looked up to face her and I see her smiling brightly at me. It’stimes like this where I wonder how is she a gang leader. The scariest one according to some people and very heartless. She’s the sweetest and nicest person I have ever met. She’s even an angel to Doyeon and Yoojung too, that’s why they didn’t believe it either when they see Sejeong with her gangs.

“I love you so much Chungha unnie.” Sejeong said sincerely and kissed the top of my head again.

“I love you too Sejeong-ah.” I replied back feeling loved. Then she hugged me tighter.


“Chungha unnie! Unnie! Unnie!”

I was startled when I heard my name being yelled. Then the door burst open and in came Yoojung out of breath. She came running to me and dragged me out of the council meeting.

“Yah what’s wrong? Is everything okay? Is Doyeon okay?” I asked worriedly.

“Y-yes to Doyeon being okay, but everything's not okay!”
“What’s wrong?!”
“Doyeon and I were just hanging out and t-then we saw a car pull up and they d-drag Hana unnie into the car!”
“What?! Who were they?!” I asked feeling even more worried.

“Sejeong unnie’s car!”
WHAT?! How can Sejeong do that? She knows Hana unnie is a friend of mine. That was one of the reasons why I tried to be okay with Sejeong and her life, is that she stays away from my friends.

“Where’s Doyeon right now?”
“She’s following that car...Chungha unnie, I’m scared…” Yoojung said on the verge of tears.

“Hey it’s okay, Doyeon will be fine, okay? If Sejeong’s guys see Doyeon they won’t do anything to her, I’m more worried about Hana unnie. Why did they take her?”
“I heard that her brother owes Sejeong unnie some money, so they’re threatening him with Hana unnie since they’re close and all.

Ahh .

“okay let’s try to call Doyeon and find out where they are."

Yoojung nodded and took out her phone. Then we ran back to my house and borrowed my mom’s car to go see Sejeong. Doyeon gave us the address of where she was and telling us to hurry. Sejeong and her members had Hana unnie tied in a chair and was recording her. They were asking her where her brother was, but she didn’t answer.

That was the fastest I have ever driven in my life. I needed to get to Hana unnie as fast as I could. Sejeong would never kill her, but she would hurt Hana unnie, and I can’t say the same for her memebers in terms of killing. I looked towards the passenger seat and I saw Yoojung shaking a bit worrying about Doyeon’s safety. She kept telling Doyeon to stay out of sight, and that we’re almost there.

Once we were there we saw Doyeon standing on the side peeking into the building, we called her over and I told them to stay in the car. They both protested, but I told them it will be safer that way. They still protested, but in the end they listened to me.

“be careful unnie!” Doyeon said hugging me.

“yeah, I really like having you as my unnie, so please come back safe and unharmed.” Yoojung said hugging me tightly.

I tried to give them a smile and then I ran to the building. It was a scene where I wish I never saw. Hana unnie looked absoulutely terrifed, which is understandable. Sejeong had her gun out along with two other members. The rest of the members were just doing their own thing.

I gathered up all my courage and ran into the building. Sejeong seem really shocked seeing me there.

“C-Chungha unnie? W-what are you d-doing here?” Sejeong asked nervously.

“Let her go!” I said in a loud tone.

Sejeong noticing that she had faltered a bit by stuttering regained herself and become the tough fearless leader that her members knew.

“No.” Sejeong said firmly.

“Sejeong-ah, what are you doing? She’s my friend.”

“Her brother is at fault for this, he needs to learn not to mess with us.”

“then go after him, not her.”

“this is his baby sister, this is dealing where it hurts him most. Now move out of the way.”

“No.” I said firmly, standing in front of Hana unnie.

“it’s okay Chungha-ah.” Hana unnie said weakly.

I turned around and knelt to Hana unnie’ level, her eyes were blood-shot red.

“are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?” I asked inspection her. Hana unnie just shook her head.

“what are we waiting for? Just shoot her already.” One of her members said.

“Chungha unnie, get out of the way.” Sejeong said raising her gun.

“No. Sejeong-ah, please don’t do this.” I pleaded.

Sejeong’s eyes softened a bit and she lowered her gun.

“Whipped. I didn’t know our leader was whipped by her girlfriend.” Her other member snorted.

“Chungha unnie, get out.” Sejeong said in her serious tone, raising her gun again, not breaking eye contact from me at all.

“If you truly love me you wouldn’t.” I said using my last shot.

Sejeong just bit her lip and then off it went. Sejeong pulled the trigger. She had really good aim, so me standing in front of Hana unnie was no point. Sejeong hit Hana unnie with the bullet in the arm. Hana unnie shouted in pain and blood started soaking her shirt. I see her members smirking at us. Then they started gathering their stuff. That was their routine. Once they finished dealing with their business, they leave the pace. I stared at Sejeong to see if there was anything. She looked away and helped her members pack. One of her members came to us and cut the ropes releasing Hana unnie.

“This is a warning to your brother. Next time it’ll be worse.” He said scarily then walked away.

I helped Hana unnie get off the chair and she laid on me for support. I ripped a piece of my clothing and wrapped her arm a bit tight to stop the bleeding and add pressure to it.

Sejeong and her members finished packing all their stuff and started heading out to the car. Sejeong walked over me and stared at Hana unnie and I for a bit.

“Are you coming with me?” Sejeong asked.

“No.” I said not looking at her in the eye.

“Fine then.” She said coldly then walked off.

They got into the car and drove off. I guess Doyeon and Yoojung noticed that, and they ran over to us. I helped Hana unnie get up and gave her support.

“oh my gosh! What happened? Are you guys okay?!” Yoojung came and helped Hana unnie walk too.

“I’m fine, but we need to get Hana unnie to the hospital now.”

Doyeon nodded and then she started the car. She looked at me as if asking permission to drive it and I nodded. During the car ride Hana unnie passed out from exhaustion and I explained to Doyeon and Yoojung what happened.

“wow I can’t believe Sejeong unnie would do that…” Yoojung said quietly.

“She normally wouldn’t, but she was in front of her members…so she had to.” I sighed.

“what’s going to happen between you two now?” Doyeon asked.

“I don’t know honestly.”

We got to the hospital and explained to the nurses and doctors what happened, with minor detail changes. While waiting to see if Hana unnie was going to be okay Sejeong called me, but I didn’t pick up.

“How are you holding up?” Doyeon sat beside me and wrapped her arms around me.

“okay...I just wish things weren’t like this.” I sighed.

“I know...me too. I hate seeing the scary gang Sejeong unnie. It’s crazy to think that she’s like that. I remember when I first met her, she was the nicest person ever.” Doyeon said looking down.

I remembered the story Sejeong told me of how Doyeon and her met. Doyeon was getting bullied, and Sejeong came and helped her. Doyeon was a scared middle schooler who got lost on the way home since she just moved to the city. She cried a lot and Sejeong was there to help her and guide her. Sejeong was patient with Doyeon, even when Doyeon kept giving them the wrong directions to her house.

“Hana unnie is okay, she just need some stitches, but I think she’s going to be scarred for life.” Yoojung said coming out of Hana unnie’s room.
“She’s awake?” I asked, Yoojung nodded.

I got up and went into the room and saw Hana unnie laying there.

“Hey.” I said quietly.

“Hi.” She replied back.
“I’m really really sorry, I don’t know what to do to make things better.” I apologized.

“It’s not your fault Chungha-ah, don’t blame yourself.”
“But it was my girlfriend that did this.”
“True, but you don’t control her actions. Don’t blame yourself. Let me ask you something though.”

“What is it?” I was curious to what she wanted to ask.

“Has she ever...hurt you?” Hana unnie was a bit hesitant to ask.

“You mean like physically?”
Hana unnie nodded her head.

“No she doesn’t.” I answered truthfully.

“That’s good, I was always worried that she would be physical to you and you were just afraid to leave.”
“I’m a strong girl, it’s okay.” I said trying to lighten up the mood.

Hana unnie just smiled.

After staying at the hospital a bit to keep Hana unnie company I drove Doyeon and Yoojung home and then went back to my own home. I got to my room and fell onto my bed after an exhausting day. I took out my phone and saw that I had 7 missed calls from Sejeong and a series of texts just her asking where I was. I didn’t want to deal with her yet so I closed my eyes and rested.

I was woken up from my sleep when I heard sounds coming from my window, I looked over and saw Sejeong knocking on the window. I waved my hand telling her to go away, but she just shook her head and continued knocking on the window. I sighed walking to open the window since I didn’t want my parents to wake up.

“I called you…” Sejeong said quietly.

“I know I saw.” I said with no emotion in it.

“You should have picked up! I thought something happened to you, I was so worried.”

“Is that all you came here for? If so, then you can leave now.”
“Chungha-unnie…” Sejeong grabbed my hand, but I jerk it away.

After a moment of silent I finally spoke up.

“I can’t do this.”
“What?” Sejeong looked up with a worried expression all over her face.

“You should find someone else that is okay with you and your gang related stuff. I’m not okay with it and I don’t want to keep pretending that I am. You should find someone that understands you.”
“But you understand me…”

“Not fully.”
“Chungha-unnie, please don’t do this. I love you, please unnie.” Sejeong was gripping my hand tightly now.

“I love you too, but I just can’t do it anymore. I’m sorry. I don’t think we’re right for each other.” I said not looking at her because I knew I would give in if I look at her.

“Are you 100% sure?” Sejeong asked quietly.

“yes...We’re over Sejeong-ah.” It felt weird saying those words. I was trying my best to hold back my tears. Sejeong gave up on that and let her tears fall freely.

Sejeong looked like she wanted to say something, but she closed back and shook her head. She leaned in and gently kissed my forehead and then she turned away. There was no goodbye or anything. Sejeong just left through the window and was gone. I fall to the floor realizing that we were really over. I lost Sejeong. We are not together anymore. After knowing each other since birth, it’s over just like that. I started letting my tears fall, I felt my body shaking from crying so much. As much as I hated this situation, I knew it was for the best.


5 Year Later

“Chungha unnie! You have a meeting in 15 minutes. Remember please!” Yoojung said over the phone.
“Geeze you forget a meeting one time…” I mumbled to myself.

After graduating Doyeon, Yoojung, and I started our own business. It became successful really fast and soon we were known as the three musketeer and the youngest CEOs to be this successful. Life was really hard after things were over with Sejeong. I didn’t see her after that day at all. It was as if she disappeared from the face of the earth. Sometimes I feel like she might have gotten herself into trouble and maybe died, but she didn’t. I hear from people that she’s still alive.

I walked into the meeting room to meet my new client. As I walked in the client was already there, I noticed she had some familiar structure to Sejeong. Since I didn’t have my glasses on I couldn’t see clearly, but I threw the thought of seeing Sejeong again because that was just impossible. Why would Sejeong be here. As I got closer, the client looked up. That’s when our eyes met. Even without my glasses I can see that those eyes belonged to Sejeong.

“S-Sejeong??” I asked feeling my eyes about to pop out.

“Unnie.” Sejeong tried to say, but came out as a whisper.

“W-what are y-you doing h-here?” I asked trying to get the words out.

“You’ve gotten more beautiful.” She said sincerely.

“T-thanks…” I blushed, “but you didn’t answer me. What are you doing here?”
“I heard your best in town, so I’m here.”
“W-what?”
“I want to start up my business, and I want your help.”
“Your business…? You mean with the gang and stuff?”
Sejeong shook her head, “I’m done with that.”
“What?! Really?!” I nearly shouted.

“I gave up that life a while ago.”

“What happened?” I asked.

“You happened.”
“Huh?”
“I really wanted you back, so I walked away from it.”
“But you can’t just walk away from it…” I said quietly.

“No I can’t,” Sejeong chuckled a bit, then she rolled up her sleeve and I saw a long scar. I gently touched it feeling guilty.

“I’m sorry…”
“Don’t be. After I left, I went to find you, but your parents said you went abroad…”
“I did.” I said quietly.

“And that you were seeing someone.” Sejeong said this part a bit quiet.

“I did…”

“I hope that’s going well.” She said, trying her best to smile.
“It didn’t. We broke up about two year ago.”

“Really?!” Sejeong asked smiling.
“Geeze don’t sound too sad now.” I said sticking my tongue out.

“Oh right, I mean, I hope you’re okay.” Sejeong said patting me on the back.

“Uh huh.” I said eyeing her, “well let’s talk business now.”
We both sat down, and started talking about working together. Throughout the talk I couldn’t help but smile at Sejeong being like this. She was a whole different person. She was the Sejeong that I fell in love with.

“So...we’re both single…” Sejeong said after the meeting.

“Uh huh…” i said.

“How about we forget the bad past and start anew again?”

“Let’s start slowly.”

Sejeong seems to be find with the starting slowly. I didn’t want to jump in right away and risk a broken heart again, so I figured starting slowly would be the best. Slowly as in maybe a couple dates first and see if we’re still connected then we’ll take it on from there.


I feel like this was a bit rushed, sorry if it doesn't seem that great! I was going to leave it at Chungha breaking up with Sejeong, but I wrote this ff for my friend and she would kill me if it was an agnst haha so I just made up whatever in the end.

Thank you for reading, really appreciate it!