Dodaeng

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Yoojung POV

“Let’s make this clear, we have three bedrooms here. I take one, you take one, and the other will just be for whatever. You don’t come into my room and I don’t go into yours. We may be married, but there’s nothing going on between us.” Doyeon said.

Married couples are supposed to love each other, right? They’re supposed to be nice and care for one another. That’s not how my life is. It being married to someone you love, but doesn’t love you. Doyeon and I have recently gotten married, which was against her will, while it was against my will too, but I was okay with it. Who wouldn’t want to marry their first love? Doyeon and I have been going to the same school for a very long time, and I had a crush on her ever since I first laid eyes on her, but she never notices me. She’s always busy with other people. Our forced marriage was due to our parents and their businesses. It was apparently the only way to join the business. Of course the both of us opposed it, but then both our parents threatened to cut us off, so we had no choice. They said that we only had to stay married for three years, then we’re allowed to divorce. Honestly I don’t want to divorce, I can finally spend my time with Doyeon, it’s just sad that she doesn’t feel the same way.

“Okay.” I agreed, not wanting to argue.

“Good.” She said then walked away.

I gathered my stuff and went inside the bedroom. I started unpacking and set up my stuff. I kept sighing a lot, mainly because I have a feeling that it’s not going to be easy living here with Doyeon.

I went outside to get some more of my stuff when I noticed Doyeon leaving through the front door, “are you going somewhere?”
“Yeah.”
“Where? Are you gonna come home late?”
“None of your business.”
Then she walked out the door, making me sighed. This is going to be hard. I already accepted that Doyeon will never feel the same way as me, so I should just get through the three years and hopefully move on. I started gathering stuff and went back into my room, while I was about to go in my room I peaked over in Doyeon’s room. She had some stuff in there, but not much. I went into my room and laid on my bed just thinking back on everything. Throughout school Doyeon was always the popular kid, I was considered popular too, but it didn’t feel like it. I always just stuck with my friends, while Doyeon switching friends a lot because everyone wanted to be with her. She also date different people every week. I didn’t date much, just a couple of people, mainly because I was too drawn to Doyeon. I was brought out of my thoughts when my phone started ringing.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Yoodaeng! Are you moved in already?” Chungha unnie asked.

“Yeah.”
“What are you doing now?”

“Just laying in bed lazily.”

“Oh good. Open the door I’m outside.”

With that said she hung up. Aiish this unnie making me get up. I walked over to the door and opened it. Right away Chungha unnie patted my head as she walked in.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I brought you food.” She said raising up the bag.

“Wow you’re the best!” I smiled hugging her.

We walked over to the table and started unpacking the foor. Chungha unnie grabbed two plates and then started setting up. Chungha unnie put some food on her plate and started eating.
“I thought the food was for me…”
“For both of us, I didn’t eat yet.”
“Aren’t you gonna eat with Sejeong unnie?”
Chungha unnie sighed, “no she has to work late today.”

“Aww poor Chungha unnie, must be lonely.” I said teasingly.

“Where’s your wife, hmmm?”
“Don’t call her that, it sounds weird. She’s out.”
“How is it so far?”
“Very awkward. I think we’re just going to live together, but be separate.”
Chungha unnie just patted me on the back and we continued eating. We just talked about whatever, there weren’t much to talk about since we spend a lot of time together.

“You’re done eating? We still have a lot left.” Chungha unnie said as I put my plate into the sink.

“Saving the rest for Doyeon.”
“Wouldn’t she have already ate since she’s out?”
I shrugged, “I’ll just save some for her in just case.”

“Aww what a sweet wifey.” Chungha unnie teased, making me roll my eyes.

We spent the rest of our time together watching a movie. It was getting a bit late, it was already 11 at night. After the movie ended Chungha unnie went home. I waited a bit longer in the living room for Doyeon.
After waiting for about 30 minutes, Doyeon walked through the front door. We made eye contact, but she looked away.

“There’s some food left if you haven’t ate yet.” I said.

“I already ate.” She said then walked into her room and closed the door.

I sighed and got up. I started gathering the food and put them in the fridge. Then I walked back to my room and went back to sleep since I had to go to work early.


“What’s wrong with your neck?” Doyeon asked, I think this is was the first time she said a full sentence to me this whole week.

“It just hurts since I’ve been sleeping on the couch.” I answered.

“Stop waiting up for me.” After she said that she went out, probably going out with her friends again.

I felt a bit happy having her talk to me, but then I felt stupid for feeling happy at such a small thing. Doyeon has been out for almost every night and would come home late. I would always wait up for her, but I would end up falling asleep on the couch. Then when I wake up and would quietly open up the door to her bedroom she would be soundly asleep. She looked so peaceful sleeping, so I would always be really careful when I’m getting ready for work and stuff.

We’ve been married for nearly a week now and nothing has changed between us. We still avoid each other as much as we can. Our parents would come over, but they didn’t stay long because Doyeon and I would never be home at the same time that they come.

Doyeon sometimes bring over one of her “dates” over and I hate it. One time I walked in on them making out on the kitchen counter. Needless to say I quickly ran into my room and hid in there for the rest of the night.

Since Doyeon is going out this late already, she’s probably going to come home late or not come home at all. I was debating if I should stay up for her or not. I probably will. I just hope that one day we can at least be friends. From what I see, she’s friendly with most people so it makes me feel sad seeing her be cold towards me. Can’t blame her I guess, she was forced to marry me.

I took out all my files and work that I needed to do to keep me company while I wait for Doyeon. I was the next heir to our company so I needed to do a lot of work and learn everything that there is needed to know about the company. Doyeon is also going to the heir of her parent’s company too, but they feel that she’s still lacking a lot. Since both of our company is joint together now it’s one of the most powerful company in Korea.

As I was doing work I can feel my eyes drifting to sleep so I gathered the papers and left it on the table while I laid on the couch.


Surprisingly when I woke up I was on my bed. I looked around just to make sure I’m not still dreaming. I was sure that I fell asleep on the couch last night. I got off my bed and noticed my indoor slippers are missing. I walked over to the couch and saw them there, so I did fall asleep last night. Did I sleepwalk? When I was about to walked into the kitchen, I noticed Doyeon there. Strange, usually she’s never up in the morning.

“I told you to stop waiting up for me.” Doyeon said, I guess she must have heard me walking in.

“Did you bring me to my bed?”
Doyeon just ignored me. Then she put the food that she was cooking onto a plate and placed it on the table.

“Here, eat some food. You’re too light, you need to gain some weight.” Doyeon said, then she walked away.

I was shocked by this. Doyeon is being nice and she even cooked for me too. I must be dreaming, right? I sat down and started eating the food. I felt really touched by her gesture. I wonder what she’s planning...why is she being nice to me suddenly? Oh , that means she carried me to my bed. I think that must have been the first time we had physical contact.

After I finished eating I washed the dishes and put them away. Then I walked back to the living room and saw her just sitting there.

“You’re not going anywhere today?” I asked.

“No.”
“Oh okay. Well I’m going to go to the company.” I said, then I went to my room and started changing.

After I finished changing and getting my stuff, I was getting ready to walk out. I was debating if I should say bye or not...she probably doesn’t care so it’d be a waste of breath. I was about to walk out, when she surprised me by talking.

“Don’t forget to bring an umbrella, it’s gonna rain.”
“Oh I’m gonna be in the building most of the times, so I’ll be fine. Thank you though.” I said then left. Wow. This is weird. She’s being nice and caring. It’s really new to me. I was smiling a lot though, it felt nice that she’s saying more than a sentence to me in one day.

I made my way to the company and was greeted by Chungha unnie. She was my advisor and leader for the marketing department. Honestly though she does mostly everything for me, once I inherit the company I plan on making her my vice president.

“What up baby?” Chungha unnie put her arms around me as I entered the door.

“Geeze unnie, I said not to call me that here. Everyone is gonna only see me as a baby.”
“But you are a baby.”
I glared at her after she said that, which she just laughed off. She was telling me what was happening through the company and what needs to be done. There weren’t much needed to be done since everything was stable already. So truthfully for the rest of the day Chungha unnie and I just played around in the company’s game room and explored the areas around the company.


Doyeon POV
I was woken up from my sleep when I heard coughing. I looked at the time and it was barely 6 a.m. I was about to go to sleep, when I heard more coughing and sneezing. I got off my bed and went outside of Yoojung’s room and listened closely. The coughing and sneezing was from her. Aiish. She probably got herself sick from the rain. Since I was already wide awake, I walked over to the kitchen and started cooking. Usually when I get sick Nayoung unnie would make me chicken soup and it really helped me. I had to bribe it out of her a couple years ago to tell me her recipe, telling her that I didn’t want to bother her every time I was sick.

I searched for the ingredients in the fridge and took them out to start cooking. Choi Yoojung. That girl needs to take better care of herself. She’s always sleeping on the couch, which makes her neck hurt. I’m pretty sure it makes her back hurts too. When I carried her to her bed last time she felt so light, she’s probably not eating well or not eating enough. Now she’s sick, even though I told her to bring an umbrella. This girl is such a baby. How did I become unfortunate and be married to her?
Well...I wouldn’t call it unfortunate. I was surprised. We went to school together, but we have never interacted, mainly because we had different group of friends. I heard a lot about her though, “the adorable dancing machine.” I was always interested in her, but never really took the chance to get to know her because I was used to people coming up to talk to me first. When I found out about the arrange marriage I was really mad. Who wouldn’t be? I was getting married to a stranger! Well not really a stranger, but somewhat a stranger. I was a bit glad that it was Yoojung because I knew that she was a good person, but that didn’t mean I accepted the marriage. Originally I planned on just being mean and not caring, hoping that after we can divorce we can both go our separate ways since we live different lives. Now that I’ve stayed with her for a bit, I kind of wanted to get to know her and see why people think she’s so amazing. It’s already proven that she’s adorable and super cute due to her small figure and her natural aegyo. She’s also very nice and considerate since even though I was mean to her she would still wait up for me and make me food, even though I never eat them. I started feeling bad for being so rude and cold to her, so I told myself I should try and give her a chance. Jieqiong unnie is friends with her and she’s always saying how great she is and stuff.

“What are you doing?” I heard Yoojung’s soft voice asked, but also scaring me.

“Go back to bed.” I said.

Yoojung just muttered okay and then walked back to bed. I continued cooking and preparing the soup as Yoojung walked away.

After I finished, I was just going to leave it there and go back to bed, but I figured Yoojung is probably still awake and it’s good to eat while it’s hot. I took out a bowl and poured some of the soup in, then I brought it into Yoojung’s room. I saw her laying in bed with her blanket all tucked in. This was my second time being in her room, so it felt weird. I walked over to the nightstand and placed the bowl on there.

“Here eat some soup before you go back to sleep.” I said, making her open her eyes.

“You made it?” Yoojung asked in a small voice, which I thought was adorable. I actually think it’s super adorable how she’s scared of me.

“Yeah.”

Yoojung got up and then grabbed the bowl, but quickly hissed in pain due to the hotness of it. This baby. She blew on her finger a bit and was about to get the bowl again, but I beat her to her. I grabbed the bowl and sat on the side of the bed. Then I grabbed a spoonful of soup and blew on it. Then I put it in front of . She just looked up at me though.

“Open.” I said, which she complied. Then I continued feeding her and there was just silence between us. She must be really confused now seeing me being cold towards her then all of a sudden be nice. I can’t help it. I was planning on just being cold and stuff, but I feel bad. Yoojung is someone that actually needs a lot of care.

“Now go back to sleep.” I said.

“It’s almost time to go to work, I can’t go back to sleep.” Yoojung tried to get out of bed, but I stopped her.

“You’re gonna get more sick. Just sleep.”
Then I gently pushed her back down on her bed and tucked her in by pulling the blanket over her and stuff. At one point our faces were really close and I can see her face getting really red.

“Cute.” I let out in a whisper.

“Did you say something?”
“No.”
that was close. After that I walked out of her room and went back to mine. I was just thinking about what to do for the day. I’ve been going out so much it’s tiring. Also nowadays I just want to stay home since Yoojung is usually at home. I got tired of being with people too because they’re not that fun anymore. I felt really bad too when Yoojung walked in on me making out with a stranger. Nayoung unnie yelled at me when I told her about it. Oh. Maybe I’ll just hang out with Nayoung unnie and Jieqiong unnie.

As if they read my mind or something, when I looked at my phone it said I got a text from Jieqiong unnie.

If you’re free, come to the cafe! Nayoung unnie and Sohye are here too. - Jieqiong

I started getting dressed and put on my makeup and everything. Before I left I checked on Yoojung again and saw her sleeping. I gently closed the door and walked out. Yoojung is like a really small cute puppy. I went to the kitchen and got some medicine for a cold and then went back to Yoojung’s room and placed it on her nightstand. I found a nearby pen and paper, so I wrote a small note.

Take some medicine when you’re awake. Rest and don’t leave the house.

After that I walked out and went to meet my friends.


“So how’s married life?” Sohye asked.

“Interesting.” I said.

“Have you fallen for her yet?” Jieqiong unnie wiggled her eyebrows up and down.

“No, you crazy!” I denied.

“You’re being nice to her though, right?” Nayoung unnie eyed me.

“Yes mother, I’m being an angel to her.” I smiled cheekily, making Nayoung unnie rolled her eyes.

“Do you feel anything for her though?” Sohye asked.

“A bit. I think if we started out by going on small dates and getting to know each other I think I could have fallen for her. She’s really cute and nice.” I smiled.

“Awww look at that smile!” Jieqiong unnie squealed.

“Then you should do that, get to know her and stuff. Take her out on a date.” Nayoung unnie suggested.

“Yeah maybe I will.”
We got our drinks and just chatted away. Sohye and I kept looking at each other and rolling our eyes every time Jieqiong unnie and Nayoung unnie were being touchy and stuff. They recently got engaged, so it’s like they’re back in their honeymoon phase. They’re always touchy and being super lovey dovey to each other. It was cute at first, now it’s just annoying.

“Let’s go to the market near here really quick, I need to buy some groceries. I hate living alone.” Sohye sighed making us laugh.

Sohye is finally living alone, just like how she wanted, but she didn’t realized that she would have to cook alone and everything. We gathered our drinks and stuff and went to the market. We split up since we all wanted to buy different things. I stayed with Sohye to help her decide on what to buy since she’s not that great at cooking. My parents had forced me to take cooking classes when I was young so I kind of know what I’m doing when it comes to cooking.

“No Sohye, put it down.” I said sternly.

Sohye pouted and put the bag of chips back, making me laugh.

“Hey isn’t that your wife over there?” Sohye asked pointing to the other side of the store.

“No she’s at home re- wait that is Yoojungie.”
“Yoojungie?” Sohye smirked.

“Shut up it just slipped out.” I nudged Sohye.

What is that girl doing out of bed? She was pushing a cart full of stuff, she still looked pretty sick too. I saw a guy coming up to talk to her. I wonder who that is. I told Sohye I’ll be right back. I walked around the aisles to be near them to hear what they were saying.

“You’re really cute.” The guy said.

“Umm thanks.” Yoojung said shyly.

“We should go out sometime.”
“Sorry I’m not really interested.” Yoojung politely bowed her head and started walking away.

“I don’t take no for an answer.” He said grabbing Yoojung’s arm.

Alright I’ve had enough. I walked to Yoojung’s side and wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me.

“Let go. She’s mine.” I said.

“Yours? Pfft.” The guy sneered.

I pushed his grip away from Yoojung and then I turned to face Yoojung, my back was facing the guy. Yoojung looked a bit startled as she looked up at me. I cupped her face and kissed her. I can see her eyes widened before I closed my eyes. I figured this was only way to get the guy away from us. Not my best plan, but it’s definitely my favorite. Her lips felt different from other people. I don’t know how to explain it, it’s just different. Maybe it’s because I’m kissing my wife? I don’t know. It’s really different and I like it. A lot. I opened my eyes just at the right time to see from the corner of my eyes that the guy walked away.

“Umm sorry to interrupt.”
We both looked up and it was Chungha unnie’s voice. She put something into the cart awkwardly and then was about to walk away, but Yoojung grabbed her making her stay.

“I’ll see you at home.” I said, then I walked away.

I found Sohye with Jieqiong unnie and Nayoung unnie at the checkout line. I went up to meet with them.

“What’s wrong? Your face is red.” Nayoung unnie cupped my cheeks.

“Probably blushing from seeing her wife.” Sohye teased.

“Oh Yoojung is here? I wanna see her!” Jieqiong unnie said excitedly.

“Too bad.” I said.

“Then I’m just gonna come over unannounced!” Jieqiong unnie crossed her arm.

I wonder why that girl is out of the house when she’s supposed to be in bed resting. Aiish crap. She’s sick and I just kissed her. Now I’m definitely going to be sick.


Yoojung POV

Kim Doyeon. That girl is really unpredictable. First she’s cold and rude to me. Then she’s nice and caring by carrying me to my bed when I was asleep. Then she made me food to eat. Then she took care of me while I’m sick. Now she kissed me. Maybe it was just to help get that guy away from me. I felt a bit better after resting so I called Chungha unnie to go shopping with me. I wanted to make Doyeon something to eat. I didn’t think I would have saw Doyeon there. I definitely didn’t think she was going to kiss me there. Her lips felt nice. Really reall nice. I feel like if she were to kiss me a bit longer I would have gotten addicted to her lips. I didn’t want to think too much about it, because the kiss probably meant nothing to her.

The door to our house unlocked and I watched as Doyeon came in.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay in bed and rest?” Doyeon asked, her voice was kind of in a disappointing voice.

“I felt better and I got bored.” I answered.

Doyeon walked over to me and placed the back of her hand on my forehead making my heart pound faster.

“It’s still a bit hot. Drink more medicine.”
I nodded my head. She is so confusing. Why is she being so caring?
“Did you eat yet?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

“Oh.” I said trying not to sound too disappointed.

I went to the kitchen and started wrapping up the food I made for her. I guess my effort just went to waste. Just as I was about to put them in the fridge Doyeon stopped me.

“Did you make that for me?” She asked.

“Yeah.”
Doyeon grabbed the bowls out of my hand and placed them on the table. Then she got two small bowls of rice and sat down and started eating one of them. I just stared at her, she’s really unpredictable.

“Eat with me.” She said gesturing to the other bowl of rice.

I sat down and started eating slowly, not really sure on what to do. The silence was eating me alive, I felt like I had to say something.

“Thanks for saving me earlier…”
“Wouldn’t have to if you listened to me and stayed home.”

After another moment of silence, I spoke up again.
“Don’t worry, I won’t take what you said seriously.”
“You should take it seriously. You’re mine.”

Then Doyeon grabbed her bowl and put it in the sink and walked away. Dumfounded. Confused. I just felt frozen at my spot. What is this girl doing to me? Is she being for real? What does she mean I’m hers? I told myself to give up on her, but when she says stuff like this or show her caring side, it makes me fall for her again. I’m scared of falling for her. I’m scared she’s going to change her mind and be cold towards me again.
After I finished eating, I started washing the dishes. I heard the water from the restroom running, probably Doyeon showering.

When Doyeon was done showering she sat outside the living room using her laptop, while I sat on the couch watching TV. We didn’t talk at all. Both of us were immersed into our own thing. Sometimes I would look over to her and study her beautiful features. Sometimes when I look over to her, she’s already looking over towards me. Then we would make eye contact. I would be the first to break away from the staring contest because I felt like my heart was going to pop out.

Hours later I was getting sleepy so I got up and started walking to my room to get ready for bed.

“Goodnight.” I said, but got no response.

Really confusing.

I laid on my bed, still thinking about all the events that happened ever since Doyeon and I got married. Doyeon used to be cold in the beginning, but now...she’s still a bit cold, but she’s also very caring and nice in a way. It’s making my head spin too much.

Just as I was about to fall asleep I saw my door opening, which made me become wide awake again. Doyeon walked to the side of the my bed.
“Scoot.” She said moving her arm, gesturing for me to scoot to the side.

I stared at her confusingly, but of course I complied. Then Doyeon sat on the empty side and then she laid down and got under the covers too.

“Ummm….” I said awkwardly.

“Married couples should sleep together. Goodnight.”

Doyeon closed her eyes, but turned to face my side. Her face was inches away from mine. I’m never going to go to sleep now...

“You’re really confusing Kim Doyeon.” I sighed, since I thought she was asleep.
“Then try to figure me out.” She said softly.

I couldn’t help but smiled a bit. So she is opening up to me. I continued staring at her sleeping face. The room was dark, but I can still see her beautiful features and everything.

Doyeon suddenly opened her eyes and said, “Boo.”
I nearly screamed my lungs out, but I held it in. I really thought she was sleeping.

“You .” I said trying to calm down.

Doyeon smiled. She actually smiled.

“Sleep.” She said, then she wrapped her arms around me, “I need something to hug when I sleep.” She said simply.

I gave up on thinking what she was up to and just enjoyed it. I smiled to myself and snuggled into Doyeon and drifted off to sleep.


Sorry if there are any minor mistakes or grammar errors!

Thank you for readin & subscribing & commenting c: