Dodaeng Part 4

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Yoojung POV

I felt like the world had stopped. Today was a busy day for me. We recently got some new specimens to look into so I was going to spend my whole day at the lab. I didn’t mind, because Doyeon had the day off so she was taking care of Minju.

Things between us three have been normal. Doyeon is still living with me because Sara has dropped by a couple more times. Doyeon has been on her “dates” a couple more times, which annoys me because my feelings for her still hasn’t changed. I always have to tell my heart to calm down every time Doyeon does skinship with me. I’m pretty sure Doyeon is starting to notice my off behavior, but she hasn’t said anything, which I’m glad. Maybe once we stop being fake-engaged, my feelings for her will go away.

Back to why my world has stopped...I was just using the microscope when my phone rang. It was a number that wasn’t saved on my contact. I was hesitant to pick it up, but I thought it might be my job related since sometimes that happens.

When I answered the phone, it was from the security office at the mall.

"We found your daughter wandering around alone. She’s at the security office on the second level of the mall, please come get her as soon as possible.”

I figured they must have gotten the wrong number, but then they asked me to describe her and I did. It fit the description.

Minju was wandering around the mall? Where was Doyeon? Did something happened to her?

I quickly grabbed my stuff and drove to the mall. I really gotta thank Nayoung unnie for giving Minju a small ID necklace that had my information on it just in case she got lost.

I have never driven so fast in my entire life. Once I parked my car I ran to the security office. Thank god for my adrenaline, otherwise that flight of stairs would have kill me because of my tiny legs.

"How can I help you?” A lady asked.

"I got a call about my daughter earlier.” I answered.

"Can I get a name?”

"My name is Choi Yoojung and my daughter is Minju.”

The lady went to the back and a couple of minutes later Minju came out.

"Mommy!” Minju cried out and ran to hug me.

"Hey baby.” I said her hair.

"Can you sign these papers please?” The lady asked.

I nodded my head and signed my name. Then I picked Minju up and carried her out. Her eyes were a bit puffy, I guess she was crying, which is understandable.

"What happened? Where’s Doyeon?” I asked.

"I was lost.” Minju pouted, “Mommy Doyeon was talking to someone and I saw a pretty doggy so I was playing with it and followed it. Then I got lost.”

Doyeon was talking to someone? Now my anger was starting to boil up. Was she busy flirting with someone that she didn’t keep an eye on Minju?

"Do you know who Doyeon was talking to?” I asked, hoping it was a friend or one of the unnies.

Minju shrugged, “I don't know her. She was a pretty person.”

Kim Doyeon. I cannot believe she is that careless. I took out my phone and called her as I was driving home.

"Yoojung?” Doyeon answered right away in a panicked tone.

"Why do you sound so distressed?” I asked.

"Please hold yourself...." Doyeon paused a bit, then continued, "I went to the mall with Minju, but now I can’t find her!”

"Uh huh and?”

"And..? Why do you sound so calm? I thought you would be freaking out right now!”

"I got a call and I picked her up, now we’re at home.” I answered simply.

"WHAT?! STAY RIGHT THERE. I’m coming home now!” Doyeon shouted into the phone the hung up.

When we got back home I told Minju to play in her bedroom. Then I started pacing back and forth hoping to cool down my anger. Maybe there’s an explanation. No. Doyeon has always been this careless. How can I think to trust her with my daughter? I feel like all those love feelings I had for Doyeon was all gone.

The door swung open and Doyeon ran.

"Where’s Minju?! She’s okay, right?!” Doyeon asked.

I couldn’t get a word out, instead I slapped her across the face. My anger was way over the top. Doyeon held her cheek and looked at me in disbelief with hanging.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! How can you let Minju wander off like that?! What if something were to happen to her?!” I asked, trying not to raise my voice so Minju doesn’t come out.

"I-” Doyeon started to say.

"What were you doing?! You were probably busy flirting with one of your s that you didn’t notice Minju wandering off.”

"Is that how irresponsible you think of me?” Doyeon asked in disbelief.

"YES! All you ever do is flirt and play with people. You’re so heartless and incapable of love. It’s really unfortunate for the person that’s gonna fall in love with you! You can't even keep an eye on a child because you're too busy being selfish with your needs.” All my words were coming out. My anger was taking the best of me.

When I was saying these words I was looking down, but after I said them I looked up. I wish I didn’t. The look on Doyeon’s face made me wish I can take back everything I just said. Then I felt my anger again.

I don’t want you anywhere near Minju or I. So get out.”

Doyeon looked like she was about to say something, but instead she just bit her lip and headed towards the door.

She opened and the door and right before she stepped out she turned to face me, "You're right. I'm a horrible person. I'm sorry, I won't come near here anymore." With that said, she stepped out and closed the door.

I lost all feelings of my legs and collapsed onto the couch nearby. All the words that I had just said were hitting me like a ton of bricks. Was I too harsh? I...I didn’t mean to call her a heartless person...I definitely didn’t mean to tell her to stay away from Minju and I. Ugh. I hate this so much.

I continued laying down on the couch to cool off. All my senses were coming back. Maybe I should have listened to her. Maybe she had her reasons. Maybe she wasn’t flirting. Maybe it was just an old friend and she just got caught up talking to them. Plus Minju should have known better not to leave Doyeon side.

I groaned in frustration because now I was starting to realized that maybe I was too hard on Doyeon.

Hours have passed and I was still on the couch beating myself up. My phone rang and I was really hoping that it was Doyeon, but instead it was Sohye. I knew she was calling about Doyeon. Doyeon must have called her right after. After me, Doyeon was closest to Sohye.

"Hello?” I answered.

"So...I heard some things.” Sohye said.

"I know.” 

"Why?”

"I just got mad…” I sighed.

"Did you mean it?”

"Of course not! I already regret it.”

"Oh Yoodaeng.” Sohye sighed too.

"What should I do?”

"I don’t know if I should tell you this...after what happened with you and her, she came to my house crying.”

Ugh. That killed me. No matter what Doyeon always tries her hardest not to cry. She hates showing her weakness. She only cries if it really affected her a lot. I’m such a horrible person.

"Is she still there?” I asked.

"She went home. She said she wanted to be alone.”

"Oh I see.”

"Maybe just give her some time first then go apologize.” Sohye suggested.

"Yeah I will. I kind of want to be alone right now too.”

"Okay, call me if you need anything.” Sohye said.

Then we hung up and phone and I fell back onto the couch. Just then Minju came out.

"I’m hungry.” She said rubbing her stomach cutely.

"I’ll make you something to eat right now.” I said getting up.

We both walked to the kitchen and Minju climbed onto the chair and sat there.

"Is Mommy Doyeon coming home soon?” She asked.

"Not today, she’s busy with work.” I lied.

Minju pouted and then she started eating her food. I just watched her eat and continued thinking. I really screwed up this time.


This has been the longest week of my entire life. Every single day. All I think about is Kim Doyeon. It’s been a week since I said those harsh words. It’s been a week since she came to my house. It’s been a week since we talked. It’s been a week since she saw Minju. This is the longest we have ever went without seeing or talking to each other. It feels weird. I talked to her every single day of my life, so not talking to her just doesn’t feel right. It doesn’t complete my day.

Minju really miss Doyeon too. I told her that Doyeon had to go away for a business trip. Sometimes Sohye comes by to take Doyeon’s stuff and it pains me. Now my room is Doyeon-free. There’s no stuff from her at all. It feels really empty.

Chungha unnie would come see me and try to cheer me up, but nothing works. The only thing that will work is Doyeon talking to me.

I tried texting her...calling her...I even went to her apartment. No response, which is why I’m even more depressed. Doyeon doesn’t ignore me. Even if she’s mad at me she would still give in and talk to me. We’ve fought before, but we’d forget about it within an hour or so. This time it’s different. I messed up big time. I...I even physically hurt her. I would playfully hit her before, but I never hit her that hard before until now. God I'm so stupid.

Sohye told me how Doyeon ran into one of her client and they were talking to her about the case. Doyeon was holding onto Minju’s hand at that time, but she had to let go to get a notepad from her purse to write some new information for her case.

Doyeon wasn’t flirting. I shouldn’t have said those words to her. .

"Ugh I hate seeing you like this.” Chungha unnie said giving me a worried look.

"I can’t help it, I miss my best friend.”

"She’s just as bad as you you know.” Chungha unnie sighed.

"Then she should respond to me so we can make up and things will be back to normal!”

"You really hurt her when you said those words…”

"I know! And I wish I can take them all back, but I can’t. I can only just apologize and hope she forgives me.”

"Man I didn’t think Doyeon was capable of holding a grudge for so long when it comes to you.”

I just groaned in response. Chungha unnie was not helping at all. She was just stating everything that I already knew.

Maybe I should use Minju was my leverage...oh gosh I’m so horrible. I’m using my daughter to get someone to talk to me. Then again this is just not anyone, this is Doyeon.

I took out my phone and called Doyeon’s home phone. At least if it goes to voicemail, she can hear the message whether she wants to or not.

I waited as the phone was ringing so I can leave the voicemail.

"Hello? A voice answered.

I stood frozen at the unfamiliar voice.

"Is Doyeon there?” I asked.

"She’s still in bed, do you want me to wake her up?”

"No it’s fine.”

"Do you want me to leave a message?” She asked.

"No it’s fine, I’ll just call back later. Thank you though.” I said then I hung up the phone.

Is Doyeon really that fine with not talking to me? It seems like she’s back to her normal ways. She still has the energy and stuff to go out there to flirt with people and bring them home.


Doyeon POV

I groggily woke up and looked at the time. 3 P.M. it’s nice waking up late when there’s no work to do. I turned to my side and realized what’s-her-name is gone. Good. I like it when they’re gone before I wake up. I took my phone and looked at it. 3 missed calls from Yoojung. Choi freaking Yoojung. She’s been texting me too, but I didn’t check.

Her words hit me every time I think about her. Is this how she always thought of me? That I’m heartless and incapable of love? That’s not true. I can fall in love too...I mean I’m in love with her, but she will never know that. Heartless? I always put my family and friends before me. I always make sure they’re cared for and get whatever they need/want.

I groaned in frustration not wanting to thinking about it. I walked into my kitchen and got out a bottle of vodka. I’ve been drinking a lot more than usual.

Yoojung-ah...I thought we were best friends. How can you think such mean things about me? I raised up my hand and touched my cheek, remembering the pain when she slapped me. I knew I messed up when Minju wandered off, but I was just distracted for a bit. I knew Yoojung was gonna get mad, but I didn’t think she would say those words.

My home phone rang and I looked at the ID, Choi Yoojung. I really wanted to pick up. Just to hear her voice. I had to stop myself. I can’t. It just hurts too much.

The phone went to voicemail and then I can hear Yoojung talking.

"Doyeon-ah… please come to my house, t-there’s something wrong with Minju.” I heard Yoojung cried out.

I felt my heart beating faster.

" I know I shouldn't be calling you to ask, but the unnies are at work, and I don’t know what to do!” Yoojung’s voice sounded like she was panicking.

I quickly grabbed my stuff and rushed out to my car. Something’s wrong with Minju? Is she okay? Is she sick?

Good thing I didn’t drink too much. I felt a bit buzzed, but I was still okay to drive.

I got to Yoojung’s apartment and took out the spare key that she gave me from before. I opened the door and saw the living room was empty.

"Yoojung?!” I called out.

Minju’s bedroom door opened and Yoojung came running out. I felt like I haven’t seen her in ages. Even though I was panicking, seeing her made me feel relieved.

"What’s wrong with Minju?” I asked.

Yoojung came to me and hugged me tightly. I can feel her tears soaking through my shirt.

"Please… please don’t...don’t leave me..” Yoojung said between her tears.

Seeing Yoojung cry always makes me want to cry. I didn’t know what else to do so I hugged her back and her hair as she cried.

I looked around and I didn’t notice Minju. Now I’m starting to think that Yoojung just said about Minju to get me here.

The realization hit me, so I gently pushed Yoojung away. Yoojung didn’t budge, she continued hugging me tightly.

"Yoojung…”

"Please...Doyeon please.” Yoojung muffled, "I can't lose someone like you. Please, don't let go."

We continued just standing in the middle of the room hugging each other. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t enjoying this, but at the same time I just kept feeling the pain over and over.

Yoojung finally calmed herself and pulled herself away from me.

"You smell of alcohol.” She said.

"It's cause I drank.” I stupidly said.

"Doyeon-ah…” Yoojung said softly, staring straight into my soul

"I...I gotta go…” I said trying to get out because I felt like I couldn’t handle it being here.

"NO!” Yoojung shouted, surprising me.

"I ed up, okay? I’m so sorry for saying those harsh words to you. I’m so sorry for slapping you, I should have never laid a hand on you. I- I was just overwhelmed. I was afraid. I said really stupid things. I don’t ever want you to stay away from me or Minju. Please Doyeon-ah, you’re my best friend. You’re my other half...please just please don’t leave me.”

"You were right though, I’m irresponsible. I’m heartless. I’m incapable of love.” I said each of her words.

"No! Please don’t say that.” Yoojung hugged me tightly again, “you are responsible. You have such a great heart, one of the biggest heart I’ve ever seen. You are capable of love. You love the unnies, you love your family, and you love me...right?”

Of course I love you. I'm freaking in love with you. I really wanted to say these words, but I couldn't. It's not the right time.

"I do.” I said.

"It’s not unfortunate for anyone to fall in love with you, they’d be the luckiest person on earth. They’d be lucky if you were in love with them too.” Yoojung said the last part softly.

"No I think they would be unfortunate.” I said.

"No! Anyone would be lucky to have you. You're the perfect person."

"Then would you feel lucky to have me?" I asked softly. 

Yoojung stared at me for a bit, then she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me to her level. Then her lips landed on mine and she pulled me more into her. I was shocked. This was the least thing I would have expected. Does this mean she feel the same way? Or is it just the atmosphere right now and she's overwhelmed? 

Yoojung pulled away because I wasn't responding to the kiss. I was still in shock.

I'm not dreaming, right? Yoojung really just kissed me. So what does it mean?

"Ummm..." Yoojung looked down.

I was still in shock, no words wanted to come out no matter how hard I tried to speak.

Umm wanna sit down?” Yoojung asked pointing to the couch.

S-s-sure..” I stuttered out.

We both started walking towards the couch and sat down. I left some distance between us because I'm still at a lost for words.

I’m really sorry Doyeon-ah...You can slap me if you want!” Yoojung said.

She scooted over a bit and grabbed my hand and raised it.

"I would never hit you.” I said finally coming back to my sense, then I caressed her cheeks.

Okay. In all my non-romantic experiences I'm pretty sure that kiss meant Yoojung likes me, right? I mean you don't just randomly kiss people if you're not interested in them. Then again we've been friends for a really long time. If she liked me wouldn't she have confessed by now? Then again I've been in love with her for a really long time and I haven't confessed to her. Ugh this is so confusing.

"Doyeon-ah?" Yoojung asked.

"Huh?" 

I must have spaced out a bit.

"The kiss...why did you kiss me?" I finally go the courage to asked.

Yoojung was about to answer, but then the door swung opened and Minju and Nayoung unnie came in.

"Doyeon mommy!” Minju squealed and tackled me with a hug.

"Hey princess, I’ve missed you.” I hugged her tightly then kissed her cheek

"I’ve missed you too!” 

Nayoung unnie came to Yoojung’s side and put her arms around Yoojung’s shoulder. Yoojung looked up at her and Nayoung unnie gave a soft smile.

"Did you have fun with auntie Nayoung?” Yoojung asked

"Yeah! We went to the park and I made a new friend!” Minju said excitedly.

"New friend huh? What’s their name?” I asked.

"His name is Jackson. He’s funny and he said he likes me!”

"Hmmm I don’t know if I like the idea of you playing with a boy.” I frowned.

"Oh lighten up!” Nayoung unnie laughed and hit my shoulders.

I just laughed and then my eyes went to Yoojung. I felt the tension in the air was lighter, which I was glad. I was still curious about Yoojung's answer though.

"So what were you guys doing?" Nayoung unnie asked.

"We were finally talking, Nayoung unnie." Yoojung said glaring at her a bit.

"Yah Choi Yoojung are you glaring at me?"

"No! Of course not, unnie." Yoojung said innocently.

"Uh huh." Nayoung unnie glared back, "Well it's time for me to leave. Choi Yoojung, if you need a babysitter next time, don't call me." Nayoung unnie crossed her arm and got up to the door.

"I love you most Nayoung unnie!" Yoojung shouted as Nayoung unnie left, I can hear Nayoung unnie laughing as she went out. 

"Did you eat yet, sweetie?" I asked.

"No not yet." Yoojung answered sweetly.

"Yah I'm not talking to you." I said hitting her head.

Minju laughed, "I already ate. Can I go play in my room?" 

"Yeah, go on ahead." Yoojung said, then Minju ran to her room.

Then silence filled the room and the awkwardness was back. I can see Yoojung slowly scooting closer to me.

"Do...do you forgive me?" Yoojung asked.

"You can't answer a question with a question." I said.

"Oh right. The kiss..." Yoojung looked down and I saw her blushing a bit. 

I decided to be bold and cupped her cheeks and made her look into my eyes.

"Why did you kiss me?"

"Look Doyeon-ah, it's okay if you don't feel the same way. I couldn't keep it in anymore. Not talking to you for a week felt like the worst week of my life. I can't live without you. Even if you don't feel the same, I still wish that you can look past it and stay by my side as my best friend." Yoojung confessed.

"Are you in love with me?" I asked.

"Uhh...It's more like strongly like, I don't know about love yet. Well then again I do love you and I have a super strong feeling for you so maybe it's love, but then that sound too fast. I don't know...I guess it is in love or well more like strongly really really a thousand times really like..." Yoojung blabbered on.

I just looked at her with a confused face.

"In conclusion yes. Yes I'm in love with you Kim Doyeon. It's okay if you don't feel the same, just please don't leave me." Yoojung said.

I felt myself smiling as I leaned close to her. Then I kissed her, finally giving her a response to the earlier kiss.

After a bit we parted and Yoojung's face was as red as a tomato. I'm pretty sure mine was no better.

"Are you in love with me too?" Yoojung asked excitedly.

I bit my lip and nodded my head.

"Don't do that. That makes me want to kiss you more." Yoojung said.

"Getting bold are we?" I teased.

Yoojung just gave me her eye smile, "so....what are we?"

"Well Choi Yoojung, I guess you're my girlfriend now. Or you can just go straight into being my fiance." I shrug.

"No way! I want a legit proposal for marriage." Yoojung smiled, "So I'm guessing we're good now?"

"Hmmm almost. Now about that slap..." I said teasingly as I started to roll up my sleeve, "you said I can get my revenge, right?"

"Oh wait wait wait." Yoojung panicked.

"Wait for what?" I asked.

"Wait for me to run first!" Yoojung stood up and ran straight into Minju's room and quickly locked the door.

"Wow hiding behind your daughter is a bit coward-like." I said.

"Hitting a person a foot shorter than you isn't right." Yoojung said from the other side.

"come out, I just want to give you a kiss."

Yoojung opened the door really quick and stole a kiss on my lips, then she quickly closed the door again before I could react.

"Yah!" I shouted, while laughing.

The night continued peacefully with Minju coming out of the room to watch TV, then me going in to drag Yoojung out. I didn't hit her. I just flicked her forehead and we called it even. Then we both join Minju on the couch to watch the TV. I stared at Minju, she's the best thing that happened to Yoojung. She's also the best thing that happened to me because ever since she came into our lives, Yoojung and I were able to become a couple. 


Thank you to those who still come by and check out my story! I really appreciate it c: I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATE! T__T

I really wish I can write as much as I used to, but I kind of lost the inspiration. Also at first when I started writing I was just writing for fun and didn't really care about the storyline and just wrote to my liking. Then I realized that more and more people were reading this so I started feeling insecure about my writing and stories. I felt like I had to write a really good unique storyline for everyone, so I lost the inspiration.

BUT NOW! After thinking I'm just like eeeh f it, haha. I like how I write my stories. They're all pretty similar to each other and that's how I like it. I'm sure some of you just enjoy the stories like this too! 

So I'm gonna try to write more often and continue writing how I like it and hopefully everyone can enjoy it~ Constructive criticism is always welcome, but I will most likely not change how my storyline goes. I don't know if what I said make sense, but yeah...I'm just gonna leave it like this haha. 

As always thank you for reading & subscribing! Sorry for any mistakes~