Dodaeng

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Doyeon POV

I was just about to get myself comfy and turn on the TV to watch Knowing Bros, when my dad suddenly called me to the kitchen.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Where’s your phone?” He asked.

“In my room, why?”
“Yoojung is doing a v app broadcast right now, go watch it.”

I gave him a confused look and quickly went to my room to get my phone. I looked at the clock on my wall and noticed that it was 12. It’s my birthday. I got my phone and saw the messages coming in already wishing me happy birthday. I was skimming through to look for Yoojung’s message, but I couldn’t find any. I guess she’s busy with the broadcast. Why is she doing a broadcast and she didn’t tell me?

I pressed on the app and saw Yoojung sitting in a room with a party hat on. In the background it said “Kim Doyeon Birthday”. I felt myself smiling wide. This perfect baby.

I was watching her light the candles and then turning off the lights. She was so cute when she was introducing herself and it almost blew out the candles. She sang happy birthday and then turned the lights back on. She grabbed a piece of paper and it had a picture of a duck on it.

“Yah!” I accidentally said to the phone screen.

She drew me a similar duck before and I told her it was ugly and I didn’t like it. Yoojung always teases me about me looking like a duck and smiling like one. I always hate it, but she says that it’s in a good way, which I would always roll my eyes in return.

Yoojung blew out the candles and I felt myself smiling. I really wish I was there beside her right now. We always spend birthdays together. This time I was given the chance to go back to my family and I took it. I asked Yoojung to come with me, but she said she couldn’t. I guess this is why she couldn’t.

I continue watching Yoojung talk and being really cute.

“As you know, this is her first birthday we’re spending together since our debut. So I’d like to make it more special. For Doyeon.” Yoojung said in the broadcast.

I felt touched at her words. We always talk about when we’re going to debut and how our birthdays will be different.

“Wow someone’s happy.” My sister said popping up into the room.

“I am.” I smiled wide.

“Your girlfriend is a mess.” My sister laughed.

She was always watching the broadcast too. Yoojung was trying to organize things and saying how messy and chaotic everything is.

Yoojung continued talking about how she asked manager oppa about doing this.

“Yah, seriously?” My sister laughed again.

Yoojung just asked about going to the restroom during the broadcast and bowing thank you when the fans said yes. This baby my god. I decided to watch the broadcast on my ipad so I can text Yoojung.

What are you doing now^^? -Doyeon

I continued watching her. Then she was finally checking her phone. That smile that she had when she saw that I texted her. It melted my heart.

Yoojung continued putting the candles on the cake and turned it to show the viewers. I see comments asking if I’m turning 81 years old. Yoojung’s reaction was so cute. I really wish I could be with her right now. Yoojung is showing the duck again. Ugh. Next time I’m gonna draw her an orangutan.

Yoojung went on to explain why she’s doing this birthday party. She was talking about how I made her the seaweed soup. I remember that day. Yoojung was so touched by it. Right now I’m feeling really touched too to see her doing this. Ugh I can’t. I have to call her and talk to her.

I pressed call and waited for her to answer.

“Hello?” Yoojoung answered.

“Yoojung-ah!” I said in a sing-song-liked.
We both started laughing.

“What are you doing?” I asked cluelessly.

“I’m sure you already know!”

I couldn’t contain my happiness and laughed again.

“I’m watching your show!”

“I’d like to be with you though..” Yoojung started to say. I felt my heart beating fast at her words, “You had to go to Wonju.”

I felt bad, but in my defense she could have came with me. Then Yoojung was saying how we should do the V live together. We’ve always wanted to do it, but never found the time.

“I wished to make your day more special.” Yoojung said.

This pabo. Just hearing her talking to me is already making the day special.

“I didn’t give you anything.” I said feeling guilty.

We agreed not to give each other anything for birthdays and just spend time together. I only made her seaweed soup, which is normal for birthday. Then she goes and does this. Now I feel bad that I didn’t do anything special for her.

“You made seaweed soup for me.”
“That’s not a gift!” I semi-yelled, trying to hide my emotion.

Yoojung laughed cutely.

“It was a huge gift.”

Huge gift? This girl is crazy.

I saw that Yoojung put the phone near the screen so I decided to introduce myself.

“Are you at the company?” I asked.

“Yeah.”
I figured it was time for us to hang up.

“Okay, do your best.”
“See you.” Yoojung said.

Just as I was about to hang up Yoojung talked again.

“Fans are asking for a video call, are you okay to do it?”
“I’m not wearing any makeup though.” I said, feeling a bit self conscious.

“I’ll be fine.” I said thinking about it over again.

Then we hung up and tried to do a video call.

When she answered the video call, her face showed up and I felt myself smiling wide. I know I saw her face on the screen, but this time it’s my screen, only for me.

“I need to go to the restroom.” Yoojung said.

“Then how about I do the show for you and you go restroom.” I suggested.

“Oh! That’s a great idea! Oh gosh, thank you!” Yoojung smiled. She seemed so happy that I couldn’t help but laugh.

Yoojung was trying to find things to hold up her phone. Once she was successful she quickly ran to the restroom. I was making cute faces to start off. I didn’t know what else to do so I started reading the comments and replying to fans. I kept praising Yoojung’s show saying how it’s something new and the fans must have never seen something like this.

Then Yoojung came back and she was telling me and the viewers to watch “Knowing Bros” I wanted to protest and continue video calling her, but I knew I shouldn’t.

“Okay Thank you so much Yoojung-ah!” I said with aegyo.

Yoojung made a cute aegyo sound back, which made me smile.

“So cute. Bye!” We both said at the same time.

“Love you!” I said making kissy faces at the screen. Ugh I wish I can kiss her right now.

Yoojung kissed the camera and turned the camera to face her.

“Yah.” I said.

“Hmm?” Yoojung said.

Then I winked at her and made half a heart shape with my hand. Yoojung winked back and did a heart too, which made me smile.

Yoojung started talking about the first day that we met. I can’t believe she still remember the clothes that I was wearing. Well...I also remember what she was wearing. It’s been 3 years and nothing has changed. We’re still as close as ever.

I continued watching the broadcast, Yoojung was talking about asking the IOI members for birthday message. I felt my heart beating fast waiting for the messages. I’m sure they will be all good messages, I’m just preparing myself to cry.

Yoojung was having some trouble with the speaker and trying her best to fix it. She kept saying sorry, which I thought was cute. Yoojung finally got the speaker to work and then Sejeong unnie’s voice came on. Just hearing her voice already had me tear up. Sejeong unnie continue talking, and tears were rolling down my cheeks.

Then Mina came on. My birthday twin. I was silently crying, crying out of joy of course. My sister threw me a box of tissue, which I was thankful for.

Then it was Nayoung unnie’s turn. I gave out a small giggle when Nayoung unnie was using aegyo to call my name. After Nayoung unnie it was Sohye.

Sohye was saying how she wants to be friends forever. That hit me and made me cried harder because IOI was disbanding soon. Sohye made her little brother say something to me, which I thought was cute when sohye kept saying “and?” “and?” then her dad came on too, which made me smile.

After Somi was Sohye. I was surprised that Somi didn’t joke around and teased me. She only said her heartfelt words, which made me cry.

Chungha unnie came on and I was crying even harder. Chungha unnie has always been someone that was always there for me. She helped me through everything. Sometimes Yoojung and I would fight, and Chungha unnie always helps the both of us. Chungha unnie kept pausing a lot and going all over the place, but that’s Chungha unnie for you.

Then it was time for Chaeyeon unnie. I felt happy hearing her talk about how I make her happy. I really just want everyone to be happy.

After that I was expecting Jieqiong unnie or Yeunjungie, but instead Yoojung was talking saying how they didn’t send in their message yet. As expected, i laughed through the tears. Then suddenly my mom’s voice came up, then my brother, then my sister, then another message was from my dad. I cried even harder. I just heard their voices in person a minute ago, but hearing them on this just made me cry. My sister was near the room at this time and came to hug me tightly as I cried.

Then Yoojung’s mom came on and I felt myself smiling again. My cheeks were honestly starting to hurt from smiling so much.

Yoojung paused and then she said it was time for her message. Oh god. I’m not prepare for this.

“I’m Yoojung. You’re the only friend I have who is named Kim Doyeon. Isn’t it amazing? It’s been 3 years since I met my friend Kim Doyeon. During that time we got really close fast. Compared to that time...how do I say it? I think our hearts connected deeply. I don’t know what I’m saying.” Yoojung smiled.

“You always take care of me and think of me. When I do this, you get so mad. ‘Why are you doing that? Straighten your back!’”

I laughed at this because I’m always scolding up and telling her to straighten up. I tell her all the time because she looks more confident that way.

“Thanks for saying all of that. I was so touched by your seaweed soup. You’re the first friend who cooked seaweed soup for me. It was very delicious. It wasn’t salty at all. I was just joking.”

“You’re a good cook, Doyeon.” Yoojung smiled wide, which made me smile wide.

“We’re going to continue this job in the future. That means we will meet a lot of people. But i don’t think i’ll meet another friend like you. Thank you so much. I really love you.”

I can see that Yoojung was starting to tear up, which made my heart hurt.

“Let’s stay close as always, alright? I love you.” Yoojung said making a heart, then her tears rolled down her cheeks. At this moment I really wanted to be there for her.

The rest of the v app went by a blur. I was watching it through my puffy eyes. I remember Yoojung singing with her amazing voice and I just felt really happy. I felt like this was the happiest I have ever been. This is one of the rare times where I felt special. Yoojung ended the v app after blowing out the candles.

“Soooooo?” My sister asked.

“She’s really amazing.” I smiled.

“Wait, imma take a picture of this.” She said, taking a picture of my swollen eye and everything.

“Have a good birthday, Doyeon-ah. Try to sleep.” My sister said then kissed my forehead and walked out of the room.

I quickly got my phone and called Yoojung.

“Did you like it?” She asked.

“I loved it.”

“Your voice...did you cry?”

“Of course I did! Your words...and the members too. I can’t thank you enough, Yoojung-ah.”

“Well I wanted to make the day as special as you.” She said.

“I wish I can be with you right now.” I sighed.

“I wish it too, but it’s okay. You’re coming back soon and we’ll celebrate again.”

“For sure.” I said.

“Get some sleep now. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” Yoojung said.

“Goodnight, thank you again. I love you so much.” I said.

“I love you too.” Yoojung said, then made kiss sounds.

I laughed and hung up the phone. Then I got under my blanket and went to sleep.

 

Yoojung POV

Ugh I’m so sleepy. After the V app, I quickly went to Doyeon’s house. I lied to her. I wasn’t at the company. I was actually in Wonju. Right now it’s 3 A.M. Doyeon’s sister came to get me and we went out to get a snack so that we can wait until Doyeon is asleep. After a while we figured she was asleep so we went back to the house. Her sister ruffled my hair and then went into her room to sleep. I quietly tip toed into Doyeon’s room and saw her sleepily soundly. I smile seeing the sight. Good thing her bed was big. I climbed onto the bed and went under the blanket. Then I snuggled into her. Sometimes Doyeon wakes up easily and sometimes she doesn’t. I guess this is was the time that she is a hard sleeper. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly. Then I raised my head a bit and gave her a small peck on the lip.

Doyeon started stirring a bit, which made me panicked. I laid completely still. I guess that didn’t work because I felt Doyeon moving a bit. I looked up at her and saw her eyes slowly fluttering open. She was moving her hands up and down touching me, I guess trying to figure who I am. Doyeon quickly sat up on her bed and the lamp.

“Yoojung?!” Doyeon whispered yelled.

“Happy birthday!” I said, not knowing what else to say.

“Am I dreaming? What are you doing here? How did you get here? Weren’t you in Seoul?” Doyeon asked a million questions.

“I came to spend time with you for your birthday.” I smiled cheekily.

“Yah, you’re crazy.” Doyeon said.

“Crazy in love with you.” I winked

I noticed that her eyes were really swollen.

“Wow you must have cried a lot.” I said cupping her face.

“Because of you.”
“You’re welcome.” I said giving her a peck on the lips.

“I don’t know what I did to deserve you.” Doyeon laid back down and pulled me into her arms.

“You’re an amazing person that’s why.”
“You know next year I’m gonna top this, right?” Doyeon said.

“Nah, I will always have a better idea than you.” I stuck my tongue out.

“Well as long as I get to have you, my birthday will be amazing every year.”

“Wow cheesey, but I like it.”

“Gosh I love you so much.”

“I love you too,” I smiled, “Let’s sleep. We’re gonna be going out a lot tomorrow!”
“Or we can just stay in bed and have fun on our own.”

I like the way you think Ms. Kim Doyeon.”

Doyeon kissed the top of my head and then pulled me close to her and then we both went to asleep.


Sorry for the lack of updates T__T finals are coming up! I know I still we you guy the continuation of that Sechung chapter, I'm stuck on it tbh.

Thank for you reading & subscribing & commenting! I'm so sorry if there are any mistakes. I literally just finished writing 4 essay papers and I just don't want to reread something again haha

I just had to write something about Doyeon's birthday. Dodaeng is seirous just....friendship goals I swear. The love that they have for each other. They are the definition of true friends & best friends. (: I hope that everyone has a friendship like dodaeng, if not, I hope in the future you will have it!