Dodaeng Part 3

Sechung/Dodaeng One shots

Yoojung POV

“I’m already engaged to someone.”
Ahh , why did I stay that. I’m not engaged to anyone. Heck I’m not even dating anyone! I felt guilty the moment I saw Doyeon’s face fell.

“Oh…” She said, “I hope they bring you a lot of happiness then.”
“She does.”
Ugh my stupid mouth! I need to stop saying these things.

“I guess that’s it between us then. I hope we can at least still be friends…” Doyeon said quietly.

“I have to go now. My manager is waiting for me.”
After that I ran. I felt so bad seeing how sad Doyeon was, I couldn’t deal with it. I felt like if I kept looking at her I would do something that I shouldn’t. Well technically I already did. Lying to her that I’m engaged to someone.

As I was going back home I couldn’t stop thinking about Doyeon. It’s been 5 years since we last saw each other. She’ve grown more beautiful of course. She’s really famous now. Throughout the 5 years I’ve heard so much about her and seen her everywhere. A lot of people always asked me about her and I’d always answer the same thing, “I don’t know, we haven’t spoken in a while.” Which was true. For the past 5 years I never got over her. I’m still so in love with her, but the pain of abandon me stops me from pursuing that love. I always hear rumors about her and a guy, I never know if they’re true or not. Every time I hear rumors about her I’m always hoping they’re not true.

I couldn’t continue thinking about Doyeon without feeling hurt, so I called Chungha unnie.

“Chungha unnieeee.” I whined into the phone.

“What’s up?” Chungha unnie asked.

“I did something stupid…” I sighed.

“Again? What is it now?”

“Guess who is back in Korea?”
“Doyeonie.” Chungha unnie answered.

“Wait how did you know?”
“I picked her up from the airport today.”
“What?! And you didn’t bother telling me???”
“It slipped my mind.” Chungha unnie gave a small laugh, “did you guys meet today?”
“Yes…”
“How was it?”
“Awkward.”
“Really, why?”
“I may or may have not told her something that is not true…”
“What did you do?” Chungha unnie sighed.

“So let me start at the beginning.”
“Please.”
“We met and it was awkward, she tried to talk to me, but I ran away. Then she caught me, then she told me that she came back to Korea so we can be together, but I told her I was already engaged to someone.”
“Wait. wait. What? Hold on. So let me get this straight. You’ve waited 5 years for Doyeon to come back and confess to you, which she finally did, but then you rejected her.”
“Yup sounds about right.”
“Hmm and who is this person that you’re engaged to?”
“What do I do unnie?” I whined.

“Tell her the truth?”
“Are you crazy?!”
“Why not? You still love her, she still love you so be together.”
“It’s not that easy.”
“Well you better think of something because Doyeon just texted me telling me to set up a date for all of us to hangout and I quote ‘also convince Yoojung to come along with her fiance, I’m curious’”
“She’s curious… I’m not going. Please save me.”
“Too late, I already said you’re coming with your fiance.” Chungha unnie said emphasizing the word fiance.

“Why?!” I whined again.

“Because I’m enjoying this a lot.” She laughed.

“I hate you, I’m hanging up now to think of a plan.”
Chungha unnie only laughed in response so I hung up. Ahh what do I do now? There is the option of just not going, but knowing Chungha unnie she’ll probably barge into my house if I don’t show up. At least wherever we’re going will be private since we’d all be screwed if we get caught in a dating scandal.


Doyeon POV

Choi Yoojung. You little . How dare you lie to me and break my heart like that? After I got home from the interview I called Sejeong unnie to see if Yoojung was telling the truth, I would have called Chungha unnie, but I think she would have been on Yoojung’s side and lied for her. Sejeong unnie is clueless as heck so she told me the truth. It was actually pretty easy. I just asked Sejeong unnie if Yoojung was dating anyone and Sejeong unnie said that the last time Yoojung dated someone was about a year ago. I asked her about her fiance and Sejeong unnie just laughed in response and said there was no fiance.

I can’t believe Yoojung would lie to me like that, but then again I guess I do deserve it. Even though I was mad at her for lying, I felt happy. Things aren’t over between us yet. Now I got to find a way to get Yoojung to forgive me and maybe we can finally be together.

I’m heading out now.

I sent a text to Chungha unnie as I left my house. I took a taxi to meet at Sohye’s restaurant. Sohye was kind enough to gave us a private room, she wished she could join us, but she had some business to attend to.

As I walked into the room I saw Chungha unnie and Sejeong unnie sitting together. Then there was Yoojung. Beside her was Yerin unnie, I gave a confused look as to why Yerin unnie was here. Jieqiong unnie and Nayoung unnie was actually here too.

“Doyeonie!” Jieqiong unnie said and ran to hug me.

“Unnie! I’ve missed you.” I said happily returning her hug.

“Our Doyenie have grown so pretty.” Nayoung unnie said and hugging me too.

“You’re prettier though.” I smiled making Nayoung unnie shake her head.

After our hugs we went to our seats.

“Yerin unnie, long time no see.” I said giving a small smile.

“Oh right, I forgot you guys actually know each other.” Yoojung said.

“Hey Doyeon.” Yerin unnie smiled.

I leaned into Chungha unnie’s side a bit to whisper to her.

“Why is Yerin unnie here?” I whispered.

“That’s Yoojung’s fiance.”
“What?!” I accidentally asked out loud, making everyone look at me, “sorry.”
“Yup.” Chungha unnie said.

“So… How did you guys get together?” I asked Yoojung and Yerin unnie, my goal was to expose them.

“We just got really close and fell for one another.” Yoojung said, even though I know they’re lies I still felt hurt.

“Yoojung is a cutie, who wouldn’t fall for her?” Yerin unnie smiled pinching Yoojung’s cheeks.

I know. I wanted to say, but I held myself back.

“How did the proposal happened? Sorry. I just really like these kind of stories.” I smiled.

“I took Yoojung out to her favorite coffee shop, and I had the employees hide a ring in Yoojung’s cake. It was one of those cliche proposal.” Yerin unnie laughed.

“But I loved it.” Yoojung smiled and kiss Yerin unnie on the cheeks.

Ugh. This girl is seriously going out her way to hurt me.

“Oh? Yoojung you like coffee now? The last time you had coffee you hated the smell and everything about it that I couldn’t even drink any coffee near you.”
“Uhh…” Yoojung said nervously. I had found her loophole. “Well they have other stuff in that coffee shop too.” Yoojung answered.

“Oh I see.” I said with a straight face, but inside I was smiling at how she felt nervous.

“Doyeon?” I heard a voice.

I looked up and it was Chris, a guy I used to date a while back.

“Oh what are you doing here?” I asked.

“I was just walking by and I saw you through the window, thought I’d come in and say hi.”
I got up from my chair and hugged him. He hugged me back and i can feel his arm is a bit lower than it should be. His hands were at the end of my back. I can see Yoojung looking away. Maybe I can use Chris to make Yoojung jealous…

“You should join us.” I said.

“No it’s fine.” Chris smiled.

“You should, the more the merrier.” Chungha unnie said.

“Well I guess if you guys don’t mind.”
“We don’t, join us.” Sejeong unnie said.

“Alright sure then.”

"By the way this is Chris, we dated back then." I introduced him to everyone.
Chris sat next to me and i pulled myself closer to him. I leaned in to whisper to him.

“I need a favor.”

“What is it?” He whispered back.
“That girl in front of you, I’m in love with her and I need your help to make her jealous, please i’ll owe you one!”

“Sure.” Chris agreed, kinda surprising me.

The food came and we all started digging in. Yerin unnie would feed Yoojung and make cute faces to her. I can see Yoojung side eyeing me from time to time. Chris would feed me too and I’d happily accept. I can see Chungha unnie, Sejeong unnie, Jieqiong unnie, and Nayoung unnie laughing to themselves and basically enjoying the show.

“So why did you guys break up?” Yoojung asked facing us.

“Yoojung! That’s not something you should ask.” Chungha unnie scolded her.

“Oh sorry.”
“No it’s fine,” Chris smiled, “I’m actually not too sure. We liked each other a lot, but I guess our schedules were too different.”
“We did like each other a lot huh.” I said.

“Well actually now that our schedule is more free, maybe we can start things up again.” Chris said catching me off guard. I’m hoping he’s still playing along.

“Maybe we can.” I smiled.

Chris gently grabbed my neck and leaned back while he pulled me closer to his face. I felt my heart pound. He moved me close enough so the back of my head was facing the others, and he slowly leaned in. Just when our lips were about to touch he whispered, “don’t worry, I don’t mean it, but it looks believable, right?”

Then he gave a small kiss on my nose and pulled back. My eyes naturally went to Yoojung and I see her giving a mad expression. To anyone it would just be nothing, but I can tell Yoojung was really mad. I didn’t know if I should consider that good or not.

The rest of the lunch went by okay. Yoojung and Yerin unnie became extra touchy, which in return Chris and I became touchy too. The unnies were continuing with their conversation, not caring what was going on between Yoojung and I. I guess it was still a normal thing for them to see us fight and stuff.

After we finished eating we all bid our goodbyes. I gave all the unnies a hug and I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to hug Yoojung too. I really wanted to. I decided to just be brave and walked towards her. She seemed a bit nervous. I opened my arms and she opened her arms too, which surprised me. I happily hugged her tightly, I was even more surprised when she returned the hug.


Yoojung POV

It’s been 2 weeks. 2 weeks since my stupid lie has started. Yerin unnie is starting to give up on the plan because her gifriend was getting jealous. I don’t know why I’m continuing with the plan anyways. The one good thing I guess is that we’re starting to talk normal and act like before, but the bad thing is Doyeon is with Chris. She’s probably over me by now. They’ve been spending a lot of time together and going on dates. They seemed really happy together, which makes my heart hurt. I tell myself that I shouldn’t be hurt. Even if Doyeon wasn’t with anyone I wouldn’t try to be with her because i’m so scared of her leaving me. Even if I’m still in love with her, my fear keeps me away from being with her. It also doesn’t help that I’ve been sick for the past couple of days. I hate being sick, makes me want to just die.

“Hello?” my phone rang and I answered.

“How’s my baby doing?” Chungha unnie asked worriedly.

“Still sick and dying.”
“Aww i’m sorry, I wish I can come take care of you, but I’m going to be out of the city until Saturday.”

“It’s okay, I’ll just rot in bed and die of starvation.” I sighed.

“Why don’t you call your fiance?” Chungha unnie asked teasingly.

“I’m hanging up now.” I said pretending to be mad.

“Go get some rest, it’ll make you feel better.”
“Okay I will mother, i’m gonna hang up and sleep now.”
We said our goodbyes and then I laid back on my best trying my best to go back to sleep. I haven’t had such a good sleep since I just kept feeling hot, but when I turn on the fan I feel cold.

After about 30 minutes of failed attempts to sleep I heard my doorbell rang. I grunted and groggily went to open the door.

Right when I opened the door, I wanted to slam it shut, but I couldn’t.

“Chungha unnie told me you were sick.” Doyeon said.

“Uh huh…”
“So I came to take care of you.” She said holding up grocery bags.

“I didn’t know Kim Doyeon can cook.” I teased, I’m still mad at her, but sometimes us acting like best friends just come naturally.

“I’m going to forgive you because you’re sick.” Doyeon glared at me and came into the my house.

She went straight into the kitchen and started unpacking things.

“Go back to bed.” Doyeon said sternly.

“But I want to watch you cook and fail.”
“I’m not gonna fail. Plus if I fail then you get no food.”

“Fine.” I huffed and walked back to my room.

“GET SOME REST, I’LL WAKE YOU WHEN IT’S DONE.” Doyeon yelled from the other room.

I couldn’t help but smile at how caring Doyeon was being. This was like how it was back when we were best friends. We always care for each other a lot. Honestly this was the first time in awhile where I truly smiled. I realized that when I’m truly smiling it’s always because of Doyeon, but I also remember that whenever I’m sad it’s also because of Doyeon.

I tried my best to go back to sleep, but the temperature wasn’t right. If I have a blanket on, it’s hot as hell, but if I take the blanket off then it’s cold as heck. I kept tossing and turning and getting frustrated that I couldn’t fall asleep.
“Why are you still awake?” Doyeon asked as she walked into my room and came to my side.
“It’s too cold.” I said.

“Then put some blankets on.” Doyeon said pulling the blankets on top of me.

“Now it’s too hot.” I whined.
“Oh my god, you are such a baby!”
“It’s not my fault.”
“Yes it is.”
I rolled my eyes and turned away. I froze in my spot when I felt my bed moved and felt a figure laying beside me.

“What are you doing?”
“Don’t you remember? This was our solution whenever you couldn’t get the right temperature.”
Then it hit me. This was what we always do. Whenever I’m sick or can’t sleep cause it’s too hot or too cold, Doyeon would lay beside me giving me the perfect temperature. She would throw the blanket to the side and just cuddled with me so I wasn’t too hot or too cold.

“Are you fine with this?” Doyeon whispered as she turned to face me.

“Y-yes.” I said trying to hide my burning face.

“Yerin unnie won’t mind this?” For a second I was wondering why she would mention Yerin unnie then it hit me, fiance.

“No it’s okay.”

Doyeon wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close to her. I can practically hear her heart beating. It honestly felt really nice. I felt like I wasn’t sick anymore.

Soon before I knew it, i actually fell asleep.


I woke up suddenly when I felt my bed shaking. I noticed that Doyeon was asleep too, but she kept tossing and turning. Her expression wasn’t good either. I would know this look anywhere. I quickly shook her and woke her up.

“Huh?!” Doyeon jolt awake, sweat dripping from her forehead and she was breathing heavily.

“You still have your nightmares?” I asked worriedly.

“They come and go.” Doyeon sighed.

Doyeon would occasionally get nightmares and it hurts me seeing that because she’s in a lot of pain. Most of the times she would wake up crying, then she would call me right away so I can comfort her.

She was still pretty shaken up, so I naturally wrapped my arm around her and pulled her close to me. I was her hair as I kept whispering that everything will be okay.

I had to pull away when I heard Doyeon’s phone ringing. She sighed and picked up the phone.

“Hello?” She answered.

I heard the other person saying something schedule.

“Oh I forgot! Crap I’m already 20 minutes late.”
That’s when I started feeling sad because Doyeon probably has to go.

“I’m already late, so might as well not go. Actually please cancel all my schedules for the rest of the day. I can’t make it.”
I heard the person on the other line asked why.

“Because I have more important things to do, like taking care of my sick best friend.”
That sent my heart fluttering. It’s nice that she still called me her best friend. It also made me happy how she was willing to cancel all of her schedule to take care of me.

“Sorry about that.” She said putting her phone away.

“You don’t have to stay, it seems like you’re busy.”
“I want to stay.” Doyeon said sincerely.

“Won’t you get in trouble?”
“I don’t care.” Doyeon shrugged, “we need to get YOU better so you can stop canceling your schedules.”

“Thanks.” I said.

“Let’s go eat, actually wait i’ll bring the food here.” Doyeon said getting up from the bed.

I was feeling really happy at how caring and nice Doyeon was. I can feel myself letting her back in, but a voice in my head keeps telling me no. Sooner or later Doyeon is going to leave me again, then i’m going to be heartbroken.

“What are you thinking so deeply about?” Doyeon asked as she walked in with the food.

“Nothing.”
“Don’t lie. Tell me or no food.”
“Are you going to leave me again?”
Doeyon furrowed her eyebrows, then placed the food on the side and came to my side, “Yoojung-ah, I’m here to stay. I promise I won’t leave.”
She pulled me in for a tight hug and I can feel all my pain and everything going away.


It was as if things were back to how they were 5 years ago. Doyeon and I spend nearly 24/7 together. I stopped feeling any resentment towards her for leaving because she’s been trying her best and working hard to prove to me that she’s here to stay. I was always in love with her, but now recently i feel like i fell in love with her all over again. It’s crazy. It also because she still with that Chris, but they haven’t been spending much time together since she’s always with me. I feel like I lost my chance and now she’s moved on and only sees me as her best friend.

Since I was bored at my own house I decided to go to Doyeon’s house. She gave me a spare key so I kind of just barged in unannounced. To my surprise it was just Chungha unnie and Doyeon in the living sitting.

“Oh hey.” Doyeon greeted.

“What’s up Yoojungie?” Chungha unnie greeted.

“Nothing, just really bored.” I sighed as I sat on the floor.

“Damn I wish I can stay and annoy you, but I have a schedule to go to. I’ll be back in a couple of hours. Please don’t trash my house.” Doyeon said and got up from the couch, but before she left she kissed the top of my head and then walked out.

“Aww you’re blushing from just a kiss on the head, how cute!” Chungha unnie teased.

“Stop it!” I crossed my arm.
“So how are things with you and Doyeon? You officially forgave her yet?”
“I honestly think I have. I have no more bitter feelings towards her.”
“Wow really? That’s great! So are you gonna confess to her then?”
“What?! No!”
“Why not?”
“Because she has a boyfriend.” I said it in an obvious tone.

“Yeah but it’s only been 6 months, you and Doyeon have a history of nearly 20 years.”

“I can’t just be a homewrecker.”
“But you love Doyeon. Don’t you want to be able to call her yours?”
“Yes…”
“Then just go for it!”
“But what if she doesn’t love me that way anymore? What if things turn awkward between us? I don’t want to lose her as a best friend again.”
“Yoojung-ah, you trust me, right?”
I nodded my head.
“Then get up and go to Doyeon right now and tell her how much you love. You already lost 5 years, don’t lose anymore.”
“I’m scared…”
“Just do it!” Chungha unnie yelled.

“Okay okay! Geeze.” I mumbled as I got up.

“Good, she’s at the CJ&M building. Good luck!” Chungha unnie patted me on back.

At first I was just gonna go alone, but Chungha unnie decided to come with me since she knew I was going to back out, which was true. We took a taxi and was in front of the building. I felt my heart pounding like crazy. I can’t believe I’m going to do this. I’m going to confess to Doyeon even though she already has a boyfriend. This is crazy.

We walked into the building and some people greeted us since we often came to the building. Chungha seems to know what schedule Doyeon was doing, so I just followed her. We went onto set and saw Doyeon doing an interview. She looked so beautiful. I honestly couldn’t keep my eyes off of her. Doyeon turned her head a bit and gave a surprised look when she saw Chungha unnie and I standing near the camera. Then she smiled, making my heart melt.

“Cut!” The director said, “we’ll continue the rest later, let’s take a break.”
Doyeon came straight to us and hugged the both of us.

“What are you guys doing here?” Doyeon asked.

We both stayed quiet a bit, so Chungha unnie nudged me.

“Uhh Doyeon-ah, c-can we talk privately?”
“Sure. is everything okay?” Doyeon asked a bit worriedly.

“Everything is perfect!” Chungha unnie said smiling. Sometimes I feel like Chungha unnie enjoys my pain and struggles.

Doyeon and I walked to the side where there weren’t that much people.

“What’s up?” Doyeon asked.

“Ummm how are things with you and Chris?” I asked nervously.

“Why?” Doyeon asked.

“Just tell me.”
“Just tell me why then.”
“I asked first.”
“Then you answer first.”
There goes our little bickering again.

“Why must you make things so difficult?” I sighed.

“Can you just get to the point then? Why did you want to talk to me privately?”
“Because…”
“Because?”
“Doyeon-ah, I forgive you.”
“You forgive me?” Doyeon voice softened, “for leaving you, right? You’re really forgiving me?”
I nodded my head.
“Wow thanks. Honestly it feels like a heavy load just took off my shoulder. Does that mean officially things are back to normal for us?”
“Yup.” I gave a small smile.

“I’m so happy!” Doyeon hugged me really tight, “wait what does this have to do with Chris?”
“Errrm… Doyeon-ah, nothing has changed for the past 5 years.”
“What do you mean?”
“It means that for the past 5 years, I’m still so in love with you.”

“What about Yerin unnie?”
“Oh…” I gave a small nervous laugh, “about that...I kind of lied.”
“Yeah i know.”
“She’s- wait what? You knew?”
“Yup.”
“Since when?”
“Since the day of the radio interview.”
“What?! How?”
“Sejeong unnie wasn’t in on your plan.” Doyeon stuck her tongue out.
“Since the radio...so you knew all this time. Oh my god, so we’ve just made a fool of ourselves then.”
Doyeon only laughed in response.

“I hate you!” I said hitting her arm.

“No you don’t you just said you love me.” Doyeon leaned in closer to me.

“But you’re with Chris…” I said feeling my face getting hot from the sudden closeness.

“Can I tell you a secret?” Doyeon voice lowered.

I couldn’t get the words out so I only nodded my head.

“The relationship was a fake.” Doyeon said smiling wide.

“What?!” I yelled out again.

“Yup, Chris and I were only pretending just to make you jealous.”
“Wow. I really really hate you.” I said crossing my arm.

“How about this for an apology?”
Doyeon uncrossed my arm and then she wrapped her arms around my waist pulling me close to her, then she gently bent down and kissed me. Oh god. I waited 5 years for this kiss. It still felt the same as last time, but without the sadness. I pulled myself even closer to her to deepened the kiss. It felt like the whole world has stopped and it was just the two of us.

“Let’s finally be together Yoojung-ah.” Doyeon said as we pulled back.

“I’m honestly really happy right now.” I said.

“Good. I hate to break this up though but I have to get back to work.”
“Oh we’re still at CJ&M building. I’m actually gonna go home now, come over later?”
“Of course.” Doyeon smiled and then walked back to the interview stage.

I happily skipped back to Chungha unnie. I can see her smiling and laughing a bit. When I got to her she didn’t say anything, she just ruffled my hair and gave me a motherly smile. I can’t believe it! Doyeon and I are officially together and there’s nothing in our way this time.


Thank you for reading & subscribing c: Sorry about last chapter haha.
Let's work hard and stream the MV and stuff so IOI can have their first win! They must win before they disband T____T